IGNORED

Following OT Law

~Shalhevet~

Is it okay for a Christian to follow OT law?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Is it okay for a Christian to follow OT law?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other/Undecided

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

At the risk of starting a debate (I hope not!!), do you think it is okay for a Christian to follow the laws of the OT...eating clean, observing the feasts, etc.?

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

At the risk of starting a debate (I hope not!!), do you think it is okay for a Christian to follow the laws of the OT...eating clean, observing the feasts, etc.?

Yes. Eating clean, observing the Sabbath, keeping the feast are all things Yeshua did and the apostles did after His resurrection also. I will add that by doing any of them will not save anyone. And if things go like always this just may end up like most all the other threads like this in an hot debate.

Yes. Eating clean, observing the Sabbath, keeping the feast are all things Yeshua did and the apostles did after His resurrection also. I will add that by doing any of them will not save anyone. And if things go like always this just may end up like most all the other threads like this in an hot debate.

Eeek. Don't want a debate. Just want other Christian opinions on this. :emot-pray:

Guest shiloh357

There is more to the OT law than the dietary commandments and festivals.

When you love God with all of your hear, soul and strength, you are following OT law. When you honor your parents you are following OT law. So, from that perspective, the answer would be yes.

There is more to the OT law than the dietary commandments and festivals.

You are correct. That is why I put "etc." :emot-pray:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Sure, if a Christian wants to eat kosher - why not? If a Christian wants to celebrate the feasts, why not? If a Christian believes a thief should have to repay three times (I think that's the number) what was stolen, why not?

I take "OK" as the key word. Is it OK? Why not? Is it required? Go with what the apostles said.

There is no harm in following the Torah as a guideline.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  382
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/08/1964

I voted yes. :emot-pray: The Lord put alot of that in to place to better our lives. Like not eating certain things, which could cause health problems and such. I would love to observe actual Jewish traditions like the Passover Meal. :emot-hug: I think it would be an eye opening experience!!! :emot-hug:

Thanks for all your responses. I just want to make sure I am not committing a sin. I do understand these laws do not offer salvation. Obviously you can tell I'm being pulled in the messianic direction. I believe what they tell me but I would like outside opinions. God bless. :emot-pray:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/05/1971

I am trying to obey God.

What's sad is that the world isn't teaching how to worship him, we have no form of Government in place to guide us in exactly how to do it.

Schools don't teach us, my parents never taught me.

So I have to learn on my own and try and educate my children the best why I know. But...

I 'am not a very smart women as you will see by all my type0's and I'm easliy lead by others.

For example I just learned that Christmas and Ester are an abomination to God. I just learned that the for myself researching the origans on the internet.

I used three resorces the internet, the Old Testament and the New Testament

I always celibrated these holidays thinking it was of God.

and I know the Churches with the exception of a few think it's okay. But WOW it's not.

Mark 7:8 Says " You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on the the traditions of men."

Mark 7:9 " And he said to them;"You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions."

We don't even keep the 10 commandments because other people say Jesus took care of it, but every thing "I" read in the bible shows take he took care of the punishment and repeatly tell us to follow them.

Most churches now make Jesus look like a push over.

As to mock him and say

" Oh we don't have to pay much attention to his commands and he okay with us celibrating other pagin traditions instead of his holy days, he understands."

There are things in the Old Testament that we no longer have to continue true. BUT...

THE 10 COMMANDMENTS ARE STILL IMPORTANT TO GOD

So Yes I think the WHOLE bible should be treated as the most important thing in your life.

(Sorry for the typeo's)

Kitty