• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  247
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/04/1973

I have watched many videos on youtube where street preachers preached the gospel and were met with hostility, spit on, threatened, cursed at. I have come across people at secular forums where they constantly fight against the gospel message. They have heard it over and over again, yet scoff at it. Contempt towards christianity has increased intensely.

Throughout the years, many would turn to Christ as preachers would preach the gospel. In The early church days, multitudes of people accepted Christ. On the day of Pentacost in Acts chapter 2, 3000 souls were added unto the beleivers(vs.41) from the preaching of Peter. Billy Sunday was a preacher in the early 1900's that led many to Christ while the Azusa street revival(1906) and the Wales revival(1904) brought many into the kingdom. There were preachers in the 1800's that got many to turn from their sins after preaching about fire and brimstone.

Back in 1997, I got saved. I seen many in church give their hearts to God at the church that I was attending at the time. It was a large church that was able to seat many, and when they had plays, people came up to the altar to accept Christ. When I saw the power team come to a downtown Windsor Ontario park about 10 years ago, many gave their hearts to the Lord.

Nowadays, I don't see this happening. They have heard the gospel over and over again, yet they reject the gospel. Not only do many reject the gospel, many have become hostile towards it. Why have things become the way the are today? Throughout history, many would turn away from evil and follow the Lord, now they scoff at christianity, and the message of the gospel.

What could you say has been the reason why such hardness towards God's saving grace?

Edited by jsca777

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/24/1969

I have watched many videos on youtube where street preachers preached the gospel and were met with hostility, spit on, threatened, cursed at. I have come across people at secular forums where they constantly fight against the gospel message. They have heard it over and over again, yet scoff at it. Contempt towards christianity has increased intensely.

Throughout the years, many would turn to Christ as preachers would preach the gospel. In The early church days, multitudes of people accepted Christ. On the day of Pentacost in Acts chapter 2, 3000 souls were added unto the beleivers(vs.41) from the preaching of Peter. Billy Sinday was a preacher in the early 1900's that led many to Christ while the Azusa street revival(1906) and the Wales revival(1904) brought many into the kingdom. There were preachers in the 1800's that got many to turn from their sins after preaching about fire and brimstone.

Back in 1997, I got saved. I seen many in church give their hearts to God at the church that I was attending at the time. It was a large church thatw as able to seat many, and when they had plays, people came up to the altar to accept Christ. When I saw the power team come to a downtown Windsor Ontario park about 10 years ago, many gave their hearts to the Lord.

Nowadays, I don't see this happening. They have heard the gospel over and over again, yet they reject the gospel. Not only do many reject the gospel, many have become hostile towards it. Why have things become the way the are today? Throught history, many would turn away from evil and follow the Lord, now they scoff at christianity, and the message of the gospel.

What could you say has been the reason why such hardness towards God's saving grace?

Have you watched television lately? We're raising our kids on it, and it is crude and terrible at the best of times...our children are given many different ideas from babyhood, right in thier living rooms. They go to school and are forbidden to mention God...taught it is wrong for 8 hours a day...then sent home to Christian parents who have had a hard day at work and tied up in thier own things for the most part...have a few minutes to go over more *school* work with thier kids...and off to bed. There isn't enough time to reverse it in that little time...

Families are not what they once were, neighborhoods are not what they once were...negativity is everywhere...confusion is everywhere...Fathers are non existant in many many cases...and Fathers are the example of God in our lives.

Everyone is so busy chasing the next *new thing* ... idea....life is absolutely crazy

You know I am a stay at home wife and mother...I watch my family...my husband is frenzied...working long hours...my children are influenced in all areas of thier lives...mom is just cook, housekeeper...nag.

But at least I get to have a birds eye view because *I* am not too busy to see when one is hurting...when one needs something...when one is straying. Not that my family is perfect...but at least I see it coming:>)

There is alot wrong and many reason for hardness toward God. I can't even turn on my television...it HURTS to know that my kdis can watch it and not flinch...my husband can watch it and not flinch...and I can't even listen to it, never mind watch it. It is enough all by itself to make anyone hard.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

Nothing hardens hearts more than preaching without "Power from on high". It is a reported fact by Ray Comfort that in one American denomination alone over a million souls professed to recieve Jesus, but were gone within one year.

These obtained a false hope of salvation, became disillusioned and now think "i tried it but it doesnt work". It likely that their hearts are now hardened and they are lost for good, never to return to a church except for occasional looks in and finding more reasons for more contempt.

Jesus told the disciples to wait untill they recieved power, but most today believe they got the power automatically at salvation, and so they bustle about doing what God has not annointed them to do. This applies to many who go into ministry and pastorates and street preaching.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Throughout the years, many would turn to Christ as preachers would preach the gospel. In The early church days, multitudes of people accepted Christ. On the day of Pentacost in Acts chapter 2, 3000 souls were added unto the beleivers(vs.41) from the preaching of Peter. Billy Sinday was a preacher in the early 1900's that led many to Christ while the Azusa street revival(1906) and the Wales revival(1904) brought many into the kingdom. There were preachers in the 1800's that got many to turn from their sins after preaching about fire and brimstone.

Back in 1997, I got saved. I seen many in church give their hearts to God at the church that I was attending at the time. It was a large church thatw as able to seat many, and when they had plays, people came up to the altar to accept Christ. When I saw the power team come to a downtown Windsor Ontario park about 10 years ago, many gave their hearts to the Lord.

Nowadays, I don't see this happening. They have heard the gospel over and over again, yet they reject the gospel. Not only do many reject the gospel, many have become hostile towards it. Why have things become the way the are today? Throught history, many would turn away from evil and follow the Lord, now they scoff at christianity, and the message of the gospel.

Because the time is near for God's judgment. I am constantly amazed just how many prophecies have been fulfilled and ARE being fulfilled this very day.

And also of course, people today love Sin. Much more than in previous years. There is so much SIN on television and these wicked people parade it on the streets in the form of gay "pride" parade. Do you see, what a wicked time we are living in?

A Parade of Sin... Think about it! That's the Devil walking with those balloon's out there making a complete mocker of God while the church sits back and complains doing nothing.

All the cities of the world have become Sodom and Gomorrah, and probably worse than those ancient cities.

Because of the increase in information throughout the world and how easy it is to share evil images and sounds and reports.. the wicked are more wicked and the righteous are more righteous. This is all written of in the Bible.

Do you know the Bible predicted the information age?

I belive also, people reject the Bible because there is rarely now a message on repentance. If we keep running around saying "God Loves You"... why do they need to come to accept Jesus? God loves them right?

I know this is foolish talk to us, but to them, they don't know this. If they don't know that they are going to hell.. what do we expect than for them to reject the Bible? Seriously think about it.

I never say to anyone "God Loves You" until they are convicted by the Holy Spirit of their sin.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  365
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  10/03/1989

Because the time is near for God's judgment. I am constantly amazed just how many prophecies have been fulfilled and ARE being fulfilled this very day.

And also of course, people today love Sin. Much more than in previous years. There is so much SIN on television and these wicked people parade it on the streets in the form of gay "pride" parade. Do you see, what a wicked time we are living in?

A Parade of Sin... Think about it! That's the Devil walking with those balloon's out there making a complete mocker of God while the church sits back and complains doing nothing.

All the cities of the world have become Sodom and Gomorrah, and probably worse than those ancient cities.

Because of the increase in information throughout the world and how easy it is to share evil images and sounds and reports.. the wicked are more wicked and the righteous are more righteous. This is all written of in the Bible.

Do you know the Bible predicted the information age?

I belive also, people reject the Bible because there is rarely now a message on repentance. If we keep running around saying "God Loves You"... why do they need to come to accept Jesus? God loves them right?

I know this is foolish talk to us, but to them, they don't know this. If they don't know that they are going to hell.. what do we expect than for them to reject the Bible? Seriously think about it.

I never say to anyone "God Loves You" until they are convicted by the Holy Spirit of their sin.

Well it's a fact that God does love them and wants them saved. I think as far as witnessing goes, it's different for each vessel of God and for each person that is being witnessed to. I do agree that they need to realize the consequences of their sin in present and eternal time. I think we need to find a way to balance and present all of that. Of course, that's God's job, and it's different for each person.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

There is less hardness today than in the past.Christians are growing but not the same way as before.The method has changed but not the essence.The Word of God is spread by each one of us on a daily basis.

Blessings

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/26/1971

More and more people no longer believe in the existence of God. God is being removed from the public schools, the public square and everywhere else. What do we expect when we only teach kids that man evolved from apes?

If evolutionary theory was correct, wives would come with a volume control button.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  163
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Well Greece and Rome in the days of Jesus were actually worse than what we have in our society today.

The Apostles experienced much hostility in the days of the early Church, yet some heard the gospel and embraced it and went on to share the Good News of Jesus with others.

The immorality of this generation is not the reason many are rejecting God. The immorality, violence and hopelessness of todays world should be, if anything, making kids/adults want to know the goodness of God.

I don't think people are being lost to God because of the increase in immorality etc.. of this generation. God makes it clear in His word they reject the truth because they do not love the truth. Unfortunately when many rebel or reject God at the same time we get the society we are currently living in and the problems that some with it.

It makes it harder to share the gospel and in many cases will cost a Believer dearly (jail/torture/death) to remain in their faith.

As for those who will come to Christ, they were known to God before they were born or if you will predestined. No one is lost to the Lord, none that would come to Jesus will be missed just because our world has become more wicked.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  830
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

It's all the above, + this:

"... hardening in part has happened TO ISRAEL UNTIL the fullness (full number) of the Gentiles has come in" (Rom.11: 25).

When the full number of the Gentiles that would come in has already come in, it's time. We're close to that time.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  399
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

There is less hardness today than in the past.Christians are growing but not the same way as before.The method has changed but not the essence.The Word of God is spread by each one of us on a daily basis.

Blessings

Amen brother, this should be our focus. One person, one heart, one soul at a time.

Praise be to Jesus!