e lansing

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

our weapons are not carnal, and neither is our battle. if you have eternal life then you have nothing to fear from death. i walk by faith, not by sight, or guns. Jesus is my only Saviour, and i'm pretty sure He doesn't need a gun to do it.

peace:cool:

I hope and pray that you never experience a person breaking into your house when you are at home...... and they know you're home... it's a very enlightening experience. A wife and two kids, one fears more than death Josephine. Living with the thought that I might set by and let my wife and daughter be molested by some pervert when I could have prevented is a fate much worse than death.

Being dead is no big deal........ While I don't put my trust in guns, God did give me a whole big bucket full of commmon sense and a internal system of self protection.

i hope not also. i pray every day for the protection of my baby and my husband, and i trust God to do that. i pray you will too.

(Matthew 5:39) "You have learnt how it was said: 'Eye for eye and tooth for tooth.' But I say this to you: offer the wicked man no resistance."

You notice what Jesus said? He said it used to be that I wanted Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth, but now I want you to offer the wicked man no resistance.

Our job is to obey God. We are to let his will be done.

Grace to you,

It would help us to understand each other if you would tell us a little about yourself.:thumbsup:

Then we could talk Doctrine and not talk past each other.

Are you a Quaker?

peace,

Dave

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  169
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  3

our weapons are not carnal, and neither is our battle. if you have eternal life then you have nothing to fear from death. i walk by faith, not by sight, or guns. Jesus is my only Saviour, and i'm pretty sure He doesn't need a gun to do it.

I hope and pray that you never experience a person breaking into your house when you are at home...... and they know you're home... it's a very enlightening experience. A wife and two kids, one fears more than death Josephine. Living with the thought that I might set by and let my wife and daughter be molested by some pervert when I could have prevented is a fate much worse than death.

Being dead is no big deal........ While I don't put my trust in guns, God did give me a whole big bucket full of commmon sense and a internal system of self protection.

i hope not also. i pray every day for the protection of my baby and my husband, and i trust God to do that. i pray you will too.

(Matthew 5:39) "You have learnt how it was said: 'Eye for eye and tooth for tooth.' But I say this to you: offer the wicked man no resistance."

You notice what Jesus said? He said it used to be that I wanted Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth, but now I want you to offer the wicked man no resistance.

Grace to you,

It would help us to understand each other if you would tell us a little about yourself.:thumbsup:

Are you a Quaker?

peace,

Dave

personally, i'm born again by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. how about you, Dave?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/19/1934

Grace to you,

Are you a Quaker?

peace,

Dave

No I am not a Quaker. I was a Catholic for forty years. Jesus called me into his ministry, and when I asked him what seminary to attend he said no don

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Are you a Quaker?

peace,

Dave

No I am not a Quaker. I was a Catholic for forty years. Jesus called me into his ministry, and when I asked him what seminary to attend he said no don't read about me I will teach you about me. One of the first things he taught me is that we were not to hurt/harm any one for any reason.

I never was inclined to believe in pacifism, I had spent five years in the US armed forces. I have wondered a lot, just how did the Christian Church get into such bad shape that it let Constantine the Great con it into disobeying Jesus?

Very good.:wub:

I was a practicing Catholic and was Saved by Faith through the Lord's Grace and it was none of my own doing as well.:thumbsup:

Define hurt/harm.:thumbsup: Does that include an animal or a bug? I don't believe in intentionally and maliciously harming any created being either. I believe it's a sin to do such.

I'm not an adherent of Roman Catholicism any more as well, but I don't see the whole of the Christian world as deceived either. :thumbsup:

I too believe that the Lord has called me into Ministry and in fact I lead one. I am also on a journey with our Lord and will do greater things than these. I was called out for a specific purpose and that is the Glory of the Lord.

I believe that up until now that the Kingdom has suffered violence but that now the Kingdom is forcefully advancing. In as much, I will press into it and not worry about those violent men on the outside trying to come in another way. I will proceed violently.:wub:

The Word is full of violence and God has used it many time to advance the Kingdom and Righteousness. However, He has the right motives and a Righteousness nature backing it's use. We do not. This does not preclude us from using it in accords with Righteous measures and within the confines of Righteous Judgment, IMO, and I believe that scripture backs that.:thumbsup:

Have you perhaps been given a personal command or maybe reserved a personal conviction in accords with your devotion? If so, it shouldn't be applied to everyone in some legalistic manner. The Law leads to death but the Spirit to life. You should know this as a former Catholic.

I was pretty ticked with the Roman Catholic Church for a while after my Salvation but the Lord led me to understand that it is His long suffering mercy and loving kindness that leadeth a man to repentance and that the enemy has sown the tares amongst the wheat and that God will deal with it.:wub:

Peace,

Dave

My God

See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand. For I lift up my hand to heaven, and say, I live for ever. Deuteronomy 32:39-40

And My LORD

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS. Revelation 19:11-16

Isn't He Wonderful

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. Matthew 10:34-36

Wonderful Isn't He

That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2:10-11

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

So could you stand by and watch one of your own children be harmed in front of you, and had you been armed you could have stopped it from happening?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  169
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  3

So could you stand by and watch one of your own children be harmed in front of you, and had you been armed you could have stopped it from happening?

do you have children?

I find it odd that whenever the topic of guns comes up, killing always has a way of working itself into the equation.

I've owned many different models of guns in my lifetime and I can honestly say, I've never killed anyone. Haven't even thought of it.

Strange. :blink:

• Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Jesus is God and could flick away any danger to Himself like a little mosquito. He's like the ultimate Ultimate Fighter. I am nothing but a little middle-aged dude with a heart condition. Therefore, I walk by faith and use any available means at my disposal to protect the precious lives God has entrusted to my protection.

There is no passage in the Bible which commands me to disarm myself in the face of danger, nor to leave myself open to attack without the means to protect myself or my family. I do not rely on the police for such things, but instead my faith in God and the tools He has made available to me for that purpose. :)

t.

• Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

do you have children?

Yes I do....3 actually, and I will defend them if their lives are ever in danger.