JCISGD

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  137
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

well at least you agree with my added statements. but how do you know that my statements line up with the written word of God?

any answers given to the original question are NOT dependent upon my understanding of scripture... or your agreement with my understanding of scripture, it's dependent SOLELY on your own understanding of scripture.

but i'll accept your answer at face value and say then that there is no further reason for you to argue in defense of those who have evaded the question, both in theory for the last 30 pages, and in reality for the last one or two pages.

so for the rest of you, please answer.

if it is not in 100% agreement with the written word of God, it is not of God. true or false?

Lady C, don't block the voice of the Lord. He is with you you if you will listen to Him. He will teach you how to read the bible beause with out His voice the bible cannot be read by man alone.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

seeker, quit making excuses and dancing around and quit passing judgment. i'm not blocking the word of the Lord. just answer the question. and if i may, let me direct you to find your answer in the word of God. your refusal to give a true or false answer is not doing you any favors.

and jcisgod, in answer to your most recent question, had even the torah been written prior to abraham? i'm seriously asking because i'm not sure.

frankly, it can't be answered based solely on scripture because abraham had direct communication with God. recall that God called to abraham in the wilderness. abraham had no clue who God was prior to that, and yet God came to him out there in the desert or wherever it was, and basically had a one-on-one sit-down kinda chat with him. abraham had no clue what the torah was, if it even existed at the time. because of abraham's personal experience with God Himself, he had the kind of innate trust to do exactly as God led without anything else. he knew God's character firsthand.

furthermore, the torah was the books of law. the rest of the written word of God had not yet been written.

we today do not know God the way abraham did. at least very few people know Him that way. and for that reason, we can not rely on our own "inner voice", our "heart", or our perception of "love". everything must be compared to the measuring stick of the written word of God.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  05/12/1958

we today do not know God the way abraham did. at least very few people know Him that way.

And that's a fact!

seeker, quit making excuses and dancing around and quit passing judgment. i'm not blocking the word of the Lord. just answer the question. and if i may, let me direct you to find your answer in the word of God. your refusal to give a true or false answer is not doing you any favors.

and jcisgod, in answer to your most recent question, had even the torah been written prior to abraham? i'm seriously asking because i'm not sure.

frankly, it can't be answered based solely on scripture because abraham had direct communication with God. recall that God called to abraham in the wilderness. abraham had no clue who God was prior to that, and yet God came to him out there in the desert or wherever it was, and basically had a one-on-one sit-down kinda chat with him. abraham had no clue what the torah was, if it even existed at the time. because of abraham's personal experience with God Himself, he had the kind of innate trust to do exactly as God led without anything else. he knew God's character firsthand.

furthermore, the torah was the books of law. the rest of the written word of God had not yet been written.

we today do not know God the way abraham did. at least very few people know Him that way.

God spoke to Abraham. God speaks to us too if we listen.

... But it is what Jesus prayed for just before He died for us.

Edited by Permie

And that's a fact!

LOL!! Permie you shine

And that's a fact!

LOL!! Permie you shine

Reminds me of a song: This little light of mine gonna let it shine... let it shine

All Praise and Glory to Jesus Christ whom alone is worthy of praise!

of course He does.

now answer the question.

if what we hear when God speaks to us is not in 100% agreement with the written word of God, then it's not really God's voice. true or false?

no amount of dodging is going to change the truth, seeker.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

we today do not know God the way abraham did. at least very few people know Him that way. and for that reason, we can not rely on our own "inner voice", our "heart", or our perception of "love". everything must be compared to the measuring stick of the written word of God.

Thats a fair enough answer imo. I always thought there was not written word untill moses and that the creation account etc were passed down by oral tradition and part of keeping one day in seven in rememberance of Gods work of creation. This would have been a time of sober reflection and communing with God i reckon.

Ok how do we know its God when we are prompted to speak or witness to another person or pray for healing, or maybe as Elisha was told to lie on top of the dead boy and place his face on the boys face and his lips on the boys lips? These things are not spoken against but neither are they specific commands for who what when. I mean in todays world it would seem awful wrong for a man to lie on a dead body and esp a boy, and the bible says to avoid every appearance of evil.

of course He does.

now answer the question.

if what we hear when God speaks to us is not in 100% agreement with the written word of God, then it's not really God's voice. true or false?

no amount of dodging is going to change the truth, seeker.

Your question makes no sence as what the bible says can be a million things to a million people. There is One who can read the bible. This One is in agreement with what He wrote. Love Him and through His Spirit He will disclose the correct way to read the bible. Believe in God's voice. IT is truth and life.

Edited by Seeker100