IGNORED

Animals & Un-natural ideas of man.

Hi,

Earlier today a trainer at Sea World in Florida lost her life while working with the Orcas(killer whales). My heart goes out to her family, her friends, and her co-workers. Especially when this should of never happened.

To keep an animal in an area so small(for our own amusement)...when they normally would have an ocean...well, it just dosen't seem right.

Does anyone think this is what God had in mind when He gave mankind "dominion" over the animals of this planet?

I don't. I see I'm going to have to check these verses again.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  90
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/02/1984

Hi,

Earlier today a trainer at Sea World in Florida lost her life while working with the Orcas(killer whales). My heart goes out to her family, her friends, and her co-workers. Especially when this should of never happened.

To keep an animal in an area so small(for our own amusement)...when they normally would have an ocean...well, it just dosen't seem right.

Does anyone think this is what God had in mind when He gave mankind "dominion" over the animals of this planet?

Genesis 1:29

Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air and all the creatures that move on the ground

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Hi,

These animals are very well treated, Treetop. I would prefer that they live in their natural habitat as well but, from all I've heard about this particular whale, she was well adjusted, socialized and has produced offspring. It's not the ideal environment but they DO live pretty normal lives. The problem is that they are still wild animals; they are not domesticated like cats and dogs. Humans need to use good judgment when interacting with very large wild animals such as this one. She does not have human judgment, after all, and isn't responsible for her actions.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  90
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/02/1984

The problem is that they are still wild animals; they are not domesticated like cats and dogs. Humans need to use good judgment when interacting with very large wild animals such as this one. She does not have human judgment, after all, and isn't responsible for her actions.

I agree with this too.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.87
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

The death is a sad situation. We were just there last year and probably watched this young lady do a show.

Hi,

These animals are very well treated, Treetop. I would prefer that they live in their natural habitat as well but, from all I've heard about this particular whale, she was well adjusted, socialized and has produced offspring. It's not the ideal environment but they DO live pretty normal lives. The problem is that they are still wild animals; they are not domesticated like cats and dogs. Humans need to use good judgment when interacting with very large wild animals such as this one. She does not have human judgment, after all, and isn't responsible for her actions.

I'm intrigued by your reply. I don't know how a human being can say that this whale is living a pretty normal life...in captivity. I've been locked up and there was nothing normal about it. Maybe I'm a bit extreme...but these whales should not be in captivity...especially for the amusement of humans. They should be where God created them to be...in the ocean. And in some strange way, I really believe this has a lot to do with how we take care of our earth. And so far...we haven't been doing such a good job of that either. So maybe it's no surprise that this happened today, this woman's death. How many more need to die? This is not the first time this has happened. And, unless people let these animals get back to their own environment...sad, but it will probably happen again.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

Hi,

Blessings,

This is a very sad story indeed. Personally, I do not think a 6 ton killer whale should be kept in a tank for our amusement. It is a very unnatural way for this animal to live.

According to this story, the trainer slipped and fell into the tank and that's when the killer whale pulled her under.

The article states that the whale has a violent past history, and others have died because of this killer whale.

So very sad. Prayers for the family and friends. I agree, it never should have happened.

http://cfnews13.com/News/Local/2010/2/24/w..._breathing.html

Insiders say the whale involved in the incident has a violent past.

Tilikum has already been involved in the deaths of two other individuals, and is considered so aggressive that no one is supposed to be in the tank with it.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Hi,

I'm intrigued by your reply. I don't know how a human being can say that this whale is living a pretty normal life...in captivity. I've been locked up and there was nothing normal about it. Maybe I'm a bit extreme...but these whales should not be in captivity...especially for the amusement of humans. They should be where God created them to be...in the ocean. And in some strange way, I really believe this has a lot to do with how we take care of our earth. And so far...we haven't been doing such a good job of that either. So maybe it's no surprise that this happened today, this woman's death. How many more need to die? This is not the first time this has happened. And, unless people let these animals get back to their own environment...sad, but it will probably happen again.

Well, I won't argue that it's not better that they be in the ocean but I believe they are well treated. I don't believe humans are being bad stewards of the earth by keeping animals in captivity...provided they are allowed to live as normally as possible. And I mistakenly referred to this whale as a female before. It's actually a 30 year old male Orca.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Animals don't have the kind of cognition we humans have, so it is difficult to determine how "happy" or "unhappy" they are with a captive environment vs the wild.

But what if the amount of space to swim around in isn't as bad for them as the how good it is to be well supplied with food and not have to hunt for it (takes energy, not always successful, etc.).

I am kind of getting the thinking that this is why a second person had to die. Years ago, the opportunity was there to do something...I have seen where there are some folks who bring a captive animal to their own environment and monitor it's change back to the...wild. It was about Orcas. Perhaps if these people had been contacted(and maybe they were, I don't know), or some other course of action taken to release the whale back to the ocean...then perhaps what happened at Sea World today, might not of happened. Perhaps this type of entertainment would of been stopped. I suppose that if people want to accept the human loss in return for some entertainment by some majestic animals of the sea,....well then, that is the choice that's made. Evidently so.

As far as one of those whales being confined to a limited space but being well fed and taken care of by their trainers...instead of having to actually hunt for food(which is what they do naturally), and yeahh, probably sometimes they don't find it...their species still survives. Seems to me that your using human logic to apply to the animals natural order of things, hunt, procreate, and look so beautiful in the water. Personally, I believe God had the right idea in the first place. To bad we people get in the way of all that beauty huh?

Guess you can probably see that this has sort of got me rockin so to speak. Maybe that's really a good thing.

And now off to the book of Job to see if God did talk about these whales to Job. I'm kinda betting He did. They are beautiful huh?

Goodnight, and God Bless yall.