• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

Gee, that's a surprise :whistling: I don't know why they keep trying to find this mythical "missing link". Sometimes I think they aren't so much looking for it, but looking for a way to prove the Bible wrong. It's very sad. Thanks for sharing this article.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  12/04/1963

For a practical exercise on how science works under the evolutionary spell go to the original article as published at the same site last year (http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/05/090519104643.htm) and compare with the current article. Consider a few things (emphasis mine):

1- The pompous claims: "This is the first link to all humans ... truly a fossil that links world heritage," "The link they would have said until now is missing ... it is no longer missing."

2- The propaganda machinery in full force: "The findings of the two-year study will be revealed exclusively by Atlantic Productions in a documentary film, "The Link," to be screened by HistoryBBC One in the UK Tuesday May 26th, 2009 at 9pm BST. It will also be broadcast on ZDF, NRK and around the world. A book, "The Link," will be published by Little Brown and Company, a division of Hachette Book Group, on Wednesday May 20th. An interactive, content-rich website about Ida has been launched at ... on Monday May 25th, 2009 at 9pm ET/PT"

3- The side-stepping of the much overstated 'peer-review' fail-safe: "For the past two years, an international team of scientists...has secretly conducted a detailed forensic analysis of the extraordinary fossil..." "There's this enormous body of literature that has built up over the years. The Darwinius research completely ignored that body of literature."

4- The authority implied in the scholarship and technological resources invested in examining the evidence: experts, professors, x-rays, ct scans.

5- The unprovable assumptions, like this one: "The scientists believe she was overcome by carbon dioxide gas whilst ... drinking from the Messel lake: the still waters of the lake were often covered by a low lying blanket of the gas as a result of the volcanic forces that formed the lake and which were still active. Hampered by her broken wrist, Ida slipped into unconsciousness, was washed into the lake, and sunk to the bottom, where the unique conditions preserved her for 47 million years."

6- The fact that the same evidence can lead to significantly different conclusions: "...the fossil is a transitional species

• Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

By the way, anyone got a banana, feeling a bit peckish... :whistling: (I'm being sarcastic)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Gee, that's a surprise :taped: I don't know why they keep trying to find this mythical "missing link". Sometimes I think they aren't so much looking for it, but looking for a way to prove the Bible wrong. It's very sad. Thanks for sharing this article.

<>< ><>

Nathele

:whistling:

spot on.

the search for the 'holy grail' of the missing link has no other

purpose then to deny the existence of The Creator.

It is very obvious that even if such a 'missing link' ever where to be

found (it will never be found), it would have no beneficial impact on humanity overall.

Indeed, quite to the contrary. It would be prove that Hitler and

his present day cronies, are right.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

I remember watching this documentary on the History Channel last year. It was well done; a very interesting study on the little being they named 'Ida'. But...it was obvious that Ida was a lemur and lemurs are still lemurs today. I'm not a scientist but, even to my untrained eye, they were stretching like tired cats. There is no link between the lower animals and man....because God didn't make one. :whistling:

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Gee, that's a surprise :whistling: I don't know why they keep trying to find this mythical "missing link". Sometimes I think they aren't so much looking for it, but looking for a way to prove the Bible wrong. It's very sad. Thanks for sharing this article.

<>< ><>

Nathele

I agree. How sad though. Why would they try and refute something so badly that they don't believe in?

By the way, anyone got a banana, feeling a bit peckish... :taped: (I'm being sarcastic)

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/07/1955

Another blow to the religion evolution,still they believe on faith in a link. :whistling: ..ahva

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Another blow to the religion evolution,still they believe on faith in a link. :whistling: ..ahva

And most of them will until the Lord returns....at which time they will know the Truth..... but it will be too late. :whistling:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  550
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2

Itinerant Lurker should be showing up soon.