humbleseeker

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Would someone please show me book, chapter and verse where one must be baptized to be part of 'The Church' or go to

Heaven? :foot-stomp: I thought salvation depended on the BLOOD of CHRIST for our REDEMPTION.

I must have missed that in the many times that I have read the Holy Bible.

Edited by Littlelambseativy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/29/1956

Would someone please show me book, chapter and verse where one must be baptized to be part of 'The Church' or go to

Heaven? :blink: I thought salvation depended on the BLOOD of CHRIST for our REDEMPTION.

Littlelambseativy this is something I had typed previous to your post, but I thought it answered your question. So, I'm not getting smart with you, and this is not directed at you personally. I am fed up with some on this thread who are careless with God's Word and I want to make a point. Peace, Steve

"But John tried to deter him, saying, "I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?"

Jesus replied, "Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness." Then John consented." Matthew 3:13-14

Jesus said that He needed to be baptized "to fulfill all righteousness." Now Jesus might have meant that only for Himself or He might have meant it for all of His followers. I think that I will teach others to do as Jesus did, just to be on the safe side. We are, after all, supposed to imitate Him aren't we?

"Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. "Matthew 28:19-20
Here Jesus said that we are to baptize all converts, which means all believers are supposed to be baptized. I'm not as wise as some who have posted here and who have said that baptism is not required, but then I Edited by evetsegap

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Heaven? :emot-hug: I thought salvation depended on the BLOOD of CHRIST for our REDEMPTION.

You missed nothing in your readings. The simplicity of scripture is lost in the doctrine of man.

1. We are lost because of our sin.
  2. The Holy Spirit convicts us of our sin and gives us faith to believe.
  3. We accept our condition and realize Jesus died for us.
  4. Through this new faith, we ask Jesus for forgiveness and repent.
  5. Christ forgives and imparts His Spirit in us.

After this, we then obey His commands to be baptized and start the regeneration process to be more like Him, through the work of the Holy Spirit in our lives. It is that simple ...

Here is another way to look at it.

1. We are all Sinners

Ecclesiastes 7:20 For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.

Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God

2. The punishment for our Sin is Death

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

3. CHRIST died to Save Sinners

Isaiah 53:5-6 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

1 Timothy 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

4. CHRIST will save us IF we ask HIM

Romans 10:9-10 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Thank you brother Onelight. :noidea:

On that superb note we will be closing this thread. It's exhausted it's purpose. :24:

Peace,

Dave