~Shalhevet~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

How do you know that the gift is from God if you cannot understand what you are saying? Just curious.

His Spirit bears witness with your spirit, as scripture tells us.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

When we enter the spiritual realm, can we not open ourselves up to demonic spirits as well? Without the gift of discernment, how are we to tell the difference? It seems to me this creates confusion in believers and confusion I know for certain is not from God.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,425
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

How do you know that the gift is from God if you cannot understand what you are saying? Just curious.

Sure makes this impossible- Isa 1:18-20

18 "Come now, and let us reason together," Says the Lord, "Though your sins are like scarlet, They shall be as white as snow;

Though they are red like crimson, They shall be as wool. 19 If you are willing and obedient, You shall eat the good of the land;

20 But if you refuse and rebel, You shall be devoured by the sword"; For the mouth of the Lord has spoken. NKJV

And this

1 Cor 14:19

19 yet in the church I would rather speak five words with my understanding, that I may teach others also, than ten thousand words in a tongue.

NKJV

'Or'el Shalhevet' As we seek to know Him the question remains what good is gibberish! Love Steven

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

When we enter the spiritual realm, can we not open ourselves up to demonic spirits as well?

When I drive my car, can I not be vulnerable to a car accident?

Seriously, is the logic any different. :emot-questioned:

As for me, demonic spirits were screwing with me and my mind since longer than I have actual memory. To me, it was a joy to connect with the Holy Spirit!

Can you trust that if you ask the Father for His Spirit, He will give you His Spirit?

Without the gift of discernment, how are we to tell the difference? It seems to me this creates confusion in believers and confusion I know for certain is not from God.

Go venture into the Calvin-Armenian debate and tell me there isn't confusion there. :laugh:

Seriously, our doctrines are creating confusion in believers. So, do we chuck theology?

Is it really all that different?

• Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

When we enter the spiritual realm, can we not open ourselves up to demonic spirits as well? Without the gift of discernment, how are we to tell the difference? It seems to me this creates confusion in believers and confusion I know for certain is not from God.

I would say, test the fruit of it.

I see things in the spirit sometimes which look good only to find out later, that its from God. So even spiritual discernment requires vigilance..

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/19/1960

Can someone direct me to where in the Bible it says we are to publicly pray in "tongue" without an interpreter? Thanks! :emot-questioned:

Oops, another question. I have had people tell me that they can "teach" me how to speak tongue. Is that scriptural?

Tongues is prayer and praise to God. If done publicly, it should be interpreted in the church setting. One can pray in tongues in the church setting quietly, not above everyone else. If one raises their voice and the congregation becomes silent, one would expect interpretation (cf. prophecy in known language).

No one can teach you to speak in tongues. WE speak as the SPIRIT gives utterance (Acts 2:4). People can pray with and for you, but they cannot and should not teach. It flows out of the person and is not something that should be mimicked or imitated. Someone can give you biblical teaching to help with the seeking (e.g. some people think God moves your mouth; we actually have control and can start/stop, but only God gives the words; if someone has major sin issues, this could be a hindrance; someone could teach you to prepare your heart, but not to speak in tongues).

Without even realizing it, you are already among the spiritual realm. Just because you do not see it does not mean it doesn't exist. You trust God for your salvation, do you not trust Him to also keep you?

Romans 8:38-39

For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Do not fear the gifts of the Spirit, fear like that is not of God.

Sure makes this impossible- Isa 1:18-20

18 "Come now, and let us reason together," Says the Lord, "Though your sins are like scarlet, They shall be as white as snow;

Though they are red like crimson, They shall be as wool. 19 If you are willing and obedient, You shall eat the good of the land;

20 But if you refuse and rebel, You shall be devoured by the sword"; For the mouth of the Lord has spoken. NKJV

And this

1 Cor 14:19

19 yet in the church I would rather speak five words with my understanding, that I may teach others also, than ten thousand words in a tongue.

NKJV

'Or'el Shalhevet' As we seek to know Him the question remains what good is gibberish! Love Steven

A word from God in the Spirit is not gibberish. You walk a very thin line. Are you absolutely sure that what you say is true? Are you willing to stand before Christ and tell Him that His gift of tongues is "gibberish"?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Can someone direct me to where in the Bible it says we are to publicly pray in "tongue" without an interpreter? Thanks! :rolleyes:

Oops, another question. I have had people tell me that they can "teach" me how to speak tongue. Is that scriptural?

When we pray we are talking to God--it isn't anyone's business what we are saying because the Holy Spirit is speaking through us to God's own ears.

When we have a message from God for the congregation, we are prophesying in tongues and the gift of interpretation is required, because it is God talking to His people.

It is one who doesn't understand the working of the Holy Spirit in this way, and one who denies and rejects it that uses the defamatory word, "gibberish". There is a penalty for that.

Proverbs 19:29

Penalties are prepared for mockers,

and beatings for the backs of fools.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Why not sincerely pray and ask Yahweh to speak in tongues because you're willing and trusting Him to cover you. That way it gets our theology out of the way. Then get our minds off ourselves and praise and worship Him.