• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/09/1964

Well, I have no training-it's just a cashier job for a huge corperation, but I've been there a long time and the benefits are GREAT-it's the main reason I'm there. So yes, I do want to keep the job because of the benefits. Yes, they have a 3 strike policy....they said that if I am late, don't show up for work, have to leave early for an emergency, etc. in the next year, I'd be either written up again, or fired. Can't remember if it was 2 or 3 strikes. It's incredibly strict there-like a Nazi camp!!!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  117

Sounds like a tough situation there. I guess they really have the upper hand because they figure they can replace you immediately. But really all you have to do is pray and trust in the Lord. If you get fired, quit, or stay there, your situation will improve. With God in your life, things always work out for the best.

Yes, this is true-He always does take care of us, one way or the other.

I was at work a couple of days ago, and it was slow, and I felt God's presence all around me. And He said...."Do you trust Me to take care of you?"..........

So there is no telling what could happen next!

Amen!

Rejoice evermore.

Pray without ceasing.

In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-17

Praying!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  519
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  04/28/1980

I have worked only once in a strict enviornment and after a year I just quit. I have know time for jobs running my life. Now that sounds fine and dandy, but we all sort of need money. I think you did the right thing, I also think you should look for a different job.

I adore this job, other than the VERY strict rules, especially about attendance. Absolutely NO room for being sick, leaving early because of sickness, etc. One girl got written up because she had to go to the ER for an asthma attack. If you call in because you're broke down on the freeway, they say..."oh, it's Ok-we'll see you as soon as you get here", yet they are taking POINTS and will write you up, believe me.

My manager that wrote me up obviously knows that I am the one who called that complaint number, because she called me over to her today and said "I heard that you were looking for that number to call...did you get it?" I'm not sure if they have done the report yet though. I don't want her to get in trouble, I only want to be treated fairly. My other manager that I had discussed this with said that any kind of complaints like these are used as a "teaching tool", meaning that she would not get in trouble at all, but this will be used to teach her to handle situations more fairly in the future.

No job is "secure" these days, even if you own your own business. I cannot imagine ever finding a job that I would be paid the money I'm paid, and get the benefits I have with this job either. It's a wonderful company to work for, even though it's so strict.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,229
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I adore this job, other than the VERY strict rules, especially about attendance. Absolutely NO room for being sick, leaving early because of sickness, etc. One girl got written up because she had to go to the ER for an asthma attack. If you call in because you're broke down on the freeway, they say..."oh, it's Ok-we'll see you as soon as you get here", yet they are taking POINTS and will write you up, believe me.

My manager that wrote me up obviously knows that I am the one who called that complaint number, because she called me over to her today and said "I heard that you were looking for that number to call...did you get it?" I'm not sure if they have done the report yet though. I don't want her to get in trouble, I only want to be treated fairly. My other manager that I had discussed this with said that any kind of complaints like these are used as a "teaching tool", meaning that she would not get in trouble at all, but this will be used to teach her to handle situations more fairly in the future.

No job is "secure" these days, even if you own your own business. I cannot imagine ever finding a job that I would be paid the money I'm paid, and get the benefits I have with this job either. It's a wonderful company to work for, even though it's so strict.

The way they take your complaint will most likely stem around how you put it. Without actually seeing what you wrote I could take it in two ways. One that you don't believe that you should have been written up in the first place, or that the other manager didn't write the other person up.

If you just presented the case as an equality thing and that it isn't fair that one is written up and the other not, it should be a positive thing for the company.... if you were putting it as you didn't think it was right to write you up at all, then they might take your actions as negative.

Question is, was your manager doing what was expected of him/her or are they allowed to exercise discretion?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  519
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  04/28/1980

Well I wish you the best whats the companies name so I dont find myself working for them? I hate strictly ran companies that treat there employees like robots so the stock holders make there money on the backs of slaves. I use to kid around about that at work, but its true alot of us are slaves we get paid little so others can make alot.

I really appreciate everyone's replies, but the topic was just meant to ask whether I did the Christian thing by reporting that the Christian manager showed favoritism by writing me up, but not the other people who also missed the meeting. It was not meant to downgrade her or my workplace.....yes, the company is very strict on attendance, but that's beside the point. All I want to know is if I behaved in a Christian way, since Paul said that we are not to take another Christian to court.........

I don't want anyone at work to "run over me", but I do want to handle situations like this in a Christian manner. I want to be treated fairly, like I treat other people myself....at least I try very hard to! :cool:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  378
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  08/06/1967

I really appreciate everyone's replies, but the topic was just meant to ask whether I did the Christian thing by reporting that the Christian manager showed favoritism by writing me up, but not the other people who also missed the meeting. It was not meant to downgrade her or my workplace.....yes, the company is very strict on attendance, but that's beside the point. All I want to know is if I behaved in a Christian way, since Paul said that we are not to take another Christian to court.........

I don't want anyone at work to "run over me", but I do want to handle situations like this in a Christian manner. I want to be treated fairly, like I treat other people myself....at least I try very hard to! :cool:

Hi Saved,

Did you try to talk to your manager first before you filed the complaint? Did you ask her if was true that others got written up while others didn't and if so, why.

I don't exactly know what the situation is but in my experience, when things like this happen, like when I have questions as to why things happen the way they do, the first thing I do is to ask the person concerned directly before I take action. Maybe there is some valid explanation. And I try not to do it when I am upset.

Again, I don't know what the situation is in your workplace. But maybe in the future, if something similar happens again, I suggest you discuss it with the person first, whether it's with a Christian manager or not.

Blessings...South