WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

The settlements issue is a cosmetic issue. It is used by the Palestinian leadership as a means of blackening Israel's image in the West Bank, but the settlements are not at all a stumbling block to peace. It is a trumped up issue.

I hope it was heard all over the world. And I hope it hurt like the dickens as well. Since the Palestinians have made NO concessions, and have not even tried to end terrorism or dismantle terrorist organizations, or even recognized Israel's right to exist as a sovereign Jewish nation, I really don't have any problem with this.

I don't care if its trumped up or not...so what if it is? Thats not the point! The point is you don't shake a man's hand and tell him one thing and then turn around and do another the second he turns around. Its dishonest and arrogant...and I'm not afraid to say so even if you and the fanboys don't like it. Quit excusing their bad behavior because "Palestine hasn't done this...Palestine hasn't done that." Boo-friggin-hoo...grow up and start letting israel take responsibility for their own actions. Don't say you'll make concessions for peace...or bold moves for peace...and then turn around and do something that YOU KNOW will upset people.

So what??

They have a right to their opinions. The Israeli government has been wrong before.

And in this case they were wrong to act as they did. One of us isn't afraid to admit it.

In fact, Israelis are the biggest critics of Israel.

HA!!! Then admit that I am right on this issue..because "the fact" is that Israeli's are being very critical of this arrogant and insulting move by their gov't towards their biggest supporter in the world.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"land they captured during a war"? Try land they were given by God. They followed our lead and gave away a lot of land for "peace" that never did any peace generate.

Yes, the land they were promised by God. Thing is, God has allowed that land to be taken away before. I was making a historical reference to the land they won in a war...we both know what land we are talking about. Its not really the issue though. As I've already said...I don't care if they build homes on the Land that they were promised by God, then lost, and won back in a war.

They would be nutz to follow Biden or trust anything he says, and as for a slap, too bad, the man is nothing but a man, with title and no authority.

Again, as I've already stated, I'm not a big fan of our current gov't and hope they are gone very soon. Again, that is not the issue.

I don't think you get it. Israel is soon to be the focal point of prophecy, history, religion, and war, all at once.

C'mon people have been throwing that prediction out for 2000 years. And really...thats still not the point. I am quite aware of Israels place in prophecy and history...that doesn't mean that they are perfect in everything they do.

There is nothing they can do to change that destiny, and they MUST NOT take direction from us or anyone else, this is their decision to make, and we should both honor their right to decide and quit trying to tell them what to do.

What are you going on about? I don't need them to take "direction" from us...it would just be nice of them to act with dignity when they are shaking our hand and taking our money.

Should their politicians lie to ours as ours lie to them, what do you expect? Pray for the peace of Jerusalem.

Their politicians DID lie to our politician. Finally, you said something that gets to the point. Of course, even Bibi said he was "blindsided" by the announcement as well. This isn't a big "hate Israel" issue. Its an issue that I as an American was offended that they would slight our country and its leaders (as much as I don't like them) as if we meant nothing to them. Its wrong...its arrogant...and its okay to call them out for it.

Btw...is it okay to pray for the peace of Palestine too? Nobody ever seems to mention that. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Ax,

The Peace of Palestine is wrapped up in the Peace of Jerusalem/Israel not some worldly deal brokered in rebellion against God. :thumbsup:

Peace,

Dave

Grace to you,

Ax,

The Peace of Palestine is wrapped up in the Peace of Israel not some worldly deal brokered in rebellion against God. :thumbsup:

Peace,

Dave

I agree with that. Are you implying that the beloved Israel could do something so heinous as broker a worldly deal in rebellion against God? If that ever happens you can be sure I will be the ONLY person here with the courage to criticize Israel...lol.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Ax,

The Peace of Palestine is wrapped up in the Peace of Israel not some worldly deal brokered in rebellion against God. :thumbsup:

Peace,

Dave

I agree with that. Are you implying that the beloved Israel could do something so heinous as broker a worldly deal in rebellion against God? If that ever happens you can be sure I will be the ONLY person here with the courage to criticize Israel...lol.

Grace to you,

I'm not sure why it appears that your upset with Israel. However, scripture states that they are double blind for our sakes. <_< It also states that we should shower them with Love and that God will not forget His promises to them through the Patriarch's not for their sake but for the sake of His own name because He has called them Beloved and Elect. :wub:

Peace,

Dave

Guest shiloh357
I don't care if its trumped up or not...so what if it is? Thats not the point!
It is important because historically, the Palestinians have been at enmity with Israel before there were settlements. This problem is not rooted in any thing that Israel is building. It is being trumped up by Netanyahus's opponents in the Knesset. They behaving just like politicians over here, and look for any reason to criticize each other. It is trumped up even by you as a stab in the back, when it is not that at all.

The point is you don't shake a man's hand and tell him one thing and then turn around and do another the second he turns around.

Its dishonest and arrogant...and I'm not afraid to say so even if you and the fanboys don't like it.

Too bad that courage of yours isn't accompanied by anything useful like knowledge. The building that is going on is not in any new settlement areas, so it does not violate the previous settlement freeze. Beitar Illit will be retained by Israel in any final status agreement with the Palestinians and so it is not illegal for Israel to build in that city nor does it constitute a broken promise since Israel is not builiding new settlements.

Quit excusing their bad behavior because "Palestine hasn't done this...Palestine hasn't done that." Boo-friggin-hoo...grow up and start letting israel take responsibility for their own actions.
Maybe you should stop making foolish mocking statements and actually learn what is going on and why it is not a matter of Israel breaking its promises.

Don't say you'll make concessions for peace...or bold moves for peace...and then turn around and do something that YOU KNOW will upset people.
It has not really upset anyone except the Palestinians and liberal Israelis. Netanyahu's opponents are trying to get mileage and score some points against him, so it is not surprising that he will catch flak for it.

QUOTE (shiloh357 @ Mar 10 2010, 11:19 AM)

So what??

They have a right to their opinions. The Israeli government has been wrong before.

And in this case they were wrong to act as they did. One of us isn't afraid to admit it.

No, the problem is that you really don't understand the entire situation, and simply don't realize it.

HA!!! Then admit that I am right on this issue..because "the fact" is that Israeli's are being very critical of this arrogant and insulting move by their gov't towards their biggest supporter in the world.

You're not right. You don't understand what is going on and are not really in a position to offer any intelligent or credible commentary to what is going on.

I don't know what they, as a people believe about this, but whatever they believe they will be outspoken about it. My point was that being critical of the Israeli government is a favorite pasttime of Israelis. Neither I, nor any one else supports Israel unconditionally. It's that people like me love Israel unconditionally, and our criticisms of Israel come from a desire to see Israel do what is in her best interest.

I am quite aware of Israels place in prophecy and history...that doesn't mean that they are perfect in everything they do.
No one here has erected the argument that Israel is perfect in all they do.

I was making a historical reference to the land they won in a war...we both know what land we are talking about. Its not really the issue though.

That is exactly the issue. That is why the Palestinians oppose Israel continuing to build. It strengthens Israel's claim to the Land.

Politics is politics, is politics. The human experience is the same whereever we go, but for some reason, folks think that Israel should be singled out for special condemnation when they play the same political games other countries play.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

If Israel wants to build on land that they captured during a war...fine. Thats not the issue. The issue is that they and everyone else on the planet knows that the building of those settlements is a major issue in the peace effort.

as I said before, why should Israel be the only side that gives in to the demands of the other?

What concessions have the Palestinians made towards peace?

Why should Israel be obligated to make the first step all the time when time after time their first step tends to be the only step?

So don't have a big meeting and tell the Vice-President of your biggest supporter in the world (the U.S.)

"White man speak with forked tongue."

that you are willing to make concessions and bold moves towards peaceful negotiations...and then pull a move like that before he even leaves the country. Like it said in Israel's Haaretz paper, "A Slap Heard Round the World."

** Rubbing my thumb against my forefinger **

AKA the smallest violin in the world playing "My heart bleeds for you".

And I must've been onto something because Israeli leaders have come out and apologized for the slight. Israeli cabinet member, welfare minister, Isaac Herzog said, "This should not have happened during a visit by the US vice-president. This is a real embarrassment and now we have to express our apologies for this serious blunder." Israel's interior minister, Eli Yishai, who heads the Shas, said "I agree that the timing [of the announcement] should have been in another two or three weeks."

Politics.

Its okay to be critical of Israel.

Sure, when it is something I genuinely disagree with.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I don't think you get it. Israel is soon to be the focal point of prophecy, history, religion, and war, all at once.

C'mon people have been throwing that prediction out for 2000 years.

No they haven't. For most of that 2000 years, any reference to "Israel" was replaced with "the Church."

I am not aware of too many writings from before 1940 that spoke of the prophecies concerning Israel as if there is a Jewish nation of Israel.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.06
  • Days Won:  78

And then Israel stabbed him in the back before he could even get in his car to leave.

I'm no fan of America's current leadership, and I can't wait for them to be gone. But Israel has got some pretty arrogant pompous jerks running the show to be so disrespectful after a solid attempt by Biden to let them know that our Gov't is still behind them.

Surely you're not talking about Benjamin Netanyahu? :thumbsup: