WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

I absolutely and wholeheartedly disagree with Axxman concerning nearly everything he has said on this matter. I also think that we should be able to disagree without the namecalling and motivational attacks Axxman has resorted to.

I support Israel, however this matter is really a very small protocol issue, so our VP whined, and Israel issued the required "sorry". No big deal.

If Canada was launching rockets on US cities, we would right now be dividing it up into territories to eventually become states, and we would not be asking anyone for permission to do so.

:noidea:

You're right on the money there, A.T. :thumbsup:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

A friend who lives in Jerusalem sent out the results of a poll from Haaretz (an Israeli news source) -

Poll: What should Bibi tell Biden about Jerusalem building?

Published:Mar 11, 2010 / Adar 25, 5770

943 Total Votes

70.9% Mind your own Business

25.5% Jerusalem is not part of the freeze

3.4% Sorry, it was just bad timing

..... extreme in your defense of Israel ....

Amen!

"No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD." Isaiah 54:17

Dear Brother

"For Zion's sake will I not hold my peace, and for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest, until the righteousness thereof go forth as brightness, and the salvation thereof as a lamp that burneth.

And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the LORD shall name.

Thou shalt also be a crown of glory in the hand of the LORD, and a royal diadem in the hand of thy God.

Thou shalt no more be termed Forsaken; neither shall thy land any more be termed Desolate: but thou shalt be called Hephzi-bah, and thy land Beulah: for the LORD delighteth in thee, and thy land shall be married.

For as a young man marrieth a virgin, so shall thy sons marry thee: and as the bridegroom rejoiceth over the bride, so shall thy God rejoice over thee." Isaiah 62:1-5

Amen!

"I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence,

And give him no rest, till he establish, and till he make Jerusalem a praise in the earth." Isaiah 62:6-7

>>>>>()<<<<

IMO Joe Biden And His Master Are Faking Outraged As Their Desires Go Unanswered

"I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land." Joel 3:2.

And I Am Humbled To Have Lived Long Enough To See Israel A Nation Once Again

"Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children." Isaiah 66:8.

I Am So Blessed To Join With Other Children Of The God Of Abraham, Isaac And Jacob Called To Prayer And Rejoicing As Israel Is (Even Now!) Being Reconciled To Their KING And Their God

"Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, Amend your ways and your doings, and I will cause you to dwell in this place." Jeremiah 7:3.

And I See No Problem With Israel Declaring Their Right To Reproduce

"And God appeared unto Jacob again, when he came out of Padan-aram, and blessed him.

And God said unto him, Thy name is Jacob: thy name shall not be called any more Jacob, but Israel shall be thy name: and he called his name Israel.

And God said unto him, I am God Almighty: be fruitful and multiply; a nation and a company of nations shall be of thee, and kings shall come out of thy loins;

And the land which I gave Abraham and Isaac, to thee I will give it, and to thy seed after thee will I give the land." Genesis 35:9-12

Directly Into The Face Of Those Who Hate Her

"And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem." Zechariah 12:9

And The Building Of Housing For Their Children

"But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel." 1 Timothy 5:8

In The Face Of The Anti-Zionist

"Thus saith the LORD of hosts; I was jealous for Zion with great jealousy, and I was jealous for her with great fury.

Thus saith the LORD; I am returned unto Zion, and will dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and Jerusalem shall be called a city of truth; and the mountain of the LORD of hosts the holy mountain." Zechariah 2:8.

>>>>>()<<<<<

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

"The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee." Jeremiah 31:3

Love, Your Brother Joe

Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle.

Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.

Who is this King of glory? The LORD of hosts, he is the King of glory. Selah. Psalms 24:8-10

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

..... extreme in your defense of Israel ....

Amen!

"No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD." Isaiah 54:17

Dear Brother

"For Zion's sake will I not hold my peace, and for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest, until the righteousness thereof go forth as brightness, and the salvation thereof as a lamp that burneth.

And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the LORD shall name.

Thou shalt also be a crown of glory in the hand of the LORD, and a royal diadem in the hand of thy God.

Thou shalt no more be termed Forsaken; neither shall thy land any more be termed Desolate: but thou shalt be called Hephzi-bah, and thy land Beulah: for the LORD delighteth in thee, and thy land shall be married.

For as a young man marrieth a virgin, so shall thy sons marry thee: and as the bridegroom rejoiceth over the bride, so shall thy God rejoice over thee." Isaiah 62:1-5

Amen!

"I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence,

And give him no rest, till he establish, and till he make Jerusalem a praise in the earth." Isaiah 62:6-7

>>>>>()<<<<

IMO Joe Biden And His Master Are Faking Outraged As Their Desires Go Unanswered

"I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land." Joel 3:2.

And I Am Humbled To Have Lived Long Enough To See Israel A Nation Once Again

"Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children." Isaiah 66:8.

I Am So Blessed To Join With Other Children Of The God Of Abraham, Isaac And Jacob Called To Prayer And Rejoicing As Israel Is (Even Now!) Being Reconciled To Their KING And Their God

"Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, Amend your ways and your doings, and I will cause you to dwell in this place." Jeremiah 7:3.

And I See No Problem With Israel Declaring Their Right To Reproduce

"And God appeared unto Jacob again, when he came out of Padan-aram, and blessed him.

And God said unto him, Thy name is Jacob: thy name shall not be called any more Jacob, but Israel shall be thy name: and he called his name Israel.

And God said unto him, I am God Almighty: be fruitful and multiply; a nation and a company of nations shall be of thee, and kings shall come out of thy loins;

And the land which I gave Abraham and Isaac, to thee I will give it, and to thy seed after thee will I give the land." Genesis 35:9-12

Directly Into The Face Of Those Who Hate Her

"And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem." Zechariah 12:9

And The Building Of Housing For Their Children

"But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel." 1 Timothy 5:8

In The Face Of The Anti-Zionist

"Thus saith the LORD of hosts; I was jealous for Zion with great jealousy, and I was jealous for her with great fury.

Thus saith the LORD; I am returned unto Zion, and will dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and Jerusalem shall be called a city of truth; and the mountain of the LORD of hosts the holy mountain." Zechariah 2:8.

>>>>>()<<<<<

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

"The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee." Jeremiah 31:3

Love, Your Brother Joe

Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle.

Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.

Who is this King of glory? The LORD of hosts, he is the King of glory. Selah. Psalms 24:8-10

FresnoJoe! Your posts are consistantly the finest I read here, bar none. Thank you for an excellent spirit and strength of research into the word of God!

• Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

In an effort to throw water on this growing fire, Axx.....I have to point out that no amount of support for Israel is extreme. God wants us to support them and we (those who love Israel) take them warts and all. :taped:

I agree that we love Israel...warts and all. I never said that my desire to see Israel prosper, have peace, or anything else has wavered. My love and commitment to Israel is on par with my love for my own country...in other words, I couldn't be more loyal...and I would fight for either one. With that said...I can be highly critical of my own country (and I have been), Israel can be criticized too.

I disagree that extremism is okay. Extremism implies that you are pushing the boundaries, taking things too far...at least thats how I view extremism.

I absolutely and wholeheartedly disagree with Axxman concerning nearly everything he has said on this matter. I also think that we should be able to disagree without the namecalling and motivational attacks Axxman has resorted to.

Oh yeah! Remember when I used these zingers on Shiloh? "Too bad that courage of yours isn't accompanied by anything useful like knowledge." or "You have a deficit of knowledge..."...and don't forget when I said, "You have a big mouth..."...and of course my classic shot, "you are nothing but an ignorant bag of hot air."

Oh geez...I messed up! I didn't actually say those things to Shiloh. Those are comments that were said to me because I said ONE negative thing about Israel. I'm not entirely innocent I guess, I did use the terms "fanboy" and "zealot"...which are technically not insults, and are properly useful in their context.

I support Israel, however this matter is really a very small protocol issue, so our VP whined, and Israel issued the required "sorry". No big deal.

That is a valid and acceptable opinion. I agree that once Israel apologized (I happen to believe it was more genuine than most of you) it became no big deal.

If Canada was launching rockets on US cities, we would right now be dividing it up into territories to eventually become states, and we would not be asking anyone for permission to do so.

And rightfully so...but again...that has NOTHING to do with what Israel did wrong in this case. NOBODY in this thread has criticized Israel for building in East Jerusalem, or defending themselves from terrorism. So its really silly to keep bringing it up like it matters. I don't care if they build apartments for their people...and I certainly expect them to deal with terrorism however they see fit.

Another perspective:

Questions abound after Biden's Israel visit

By Edmund Sanders

March 12, 2010

Reporting from Jerusalem - You come for a hug. You leave with a slap.

It happens in the Middle East.

Vice President Joe Biden's trip this week was supposed to highlight U.S.-Israeli cooperation to counter a perceived nuclear threat from Iran and kick off U.S.-brokered indirect peace talks between Israel and the Palestinians. Instead, talk about Iran was sidetracked and the outlook for peace may be murkier than it was before.

Even here, people are not quite sure how that happened.

The visit was overshadowed by news that Israel was approving 1,600 new housing units in a disputed area of East Jerusalem, a move that antagonized both the Palestinians and the Americans. But why was it made public during Biden's visit?

-----

Even if Netanyahu was blindsided by the announcement, as he says he was, it suggests he lacks firm control of his government -- a prospect that further complicates delicate peace negotiations.

-----

U.S. officials say they accept Netanyahu's claim that he didn't know about the announcement ahead of time. The government has been contrite. Officials say the timing of the announcement was coincidental, and apologized. While Biden publicly praised Israel during a farewell speech Thursday, Israeli media said he complained bitterly of betrayal in private conversations with Netanyahu.

-----

Skeptics noted that U.S. officials have been sandbagged like this before. Palestinians only half-jokingly complain that every time one comes to town, Israel announces another controversial housing project.

On Monday, as U.S. Middle East Envoy George Mitchell was in the country to set ground rules for resumed peace talks, Israel said it would build another 112 units in the West Bank Orthodox community of Beitar Illit. Last fall, a few weeks after a Mitchell trip, and days after a White House meeting between Obama and Netanyahu, the government announced another 900 homes in Gilo, another disputed area of Jerusalem."One might think that there is a conspiracy here," said Welfare Minister Isaac Herzog, and from the liberal Labor Party, on Israeli Radio Thursday.

A statement from the opposition Kadima party said the treatment of Biden, who is viewed here as Israel's closest ally in the Obama administration, marked "a new record for political stupidity."

Noting that the announcement was handled by the right-wing Shas party, a small but influential member of Netanyahu's government, some see the flap as evidence Netanyahu is losing control.

Far-right parties have expressed unhappiness with Netanyahu's endorsement of conditional statehood for Palestinians, his willingness to resume peace talks and his pledge to limit settlement construction for 10 months in the West Bank.

-----

Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman of the conservative Yisrael Beiteinu party has ordered Israeli ambassadors to stop "groveling" and stand up to the nation's critics.

Lieberman's deputy earlier this year publicly humiliated the Turkish ambassador to Israel over what Israel considered an anti-Semitic TV show aired in Turkey. Turkey, one of Israel's only Muslim allies, demanded and received a formal apology.

"The foreign minister is a pyromaniac, lighting fires everywhere, but the prime minister is sitting quiet because he needs him," Sheetrit said.Defying Biden also might have been an attempt to score political points. "There are those among the ostensible super-patriots of the right to revel in shots across the bow of the America ship of state," wrote the Haaretz daily on Thursday.

-----

Oriella Ben Zvi, a Tel Aviv political consultant, cited a growing defensiveness and nationalism, particularly in the aftermath of international criticism of Israel's Gaza offensive a year ago.

"There's a bunker mentality," she said. Picking a fight with Biden is a "way of saying, 'We don't take dictates from anyone, not even the U.S.' "

Full report: LA Times

It's looking to me like another country blaming "the US" for something a Palosi did apart from Obama's approval. (Or something like that.)

Grace to you,

Let's understand a Political Truth though brother. The country of Israel is a Social Democracy and as such certain parts of the Government have the right to disagree with the Leadership. That doesn't necessarily mean that Netanyahu endorsed their apology.

I seem to recall certain Democrats in this Country going to South American Dictators and apologizing while the President of the U.S. "Ronald Reagan" worked to actively eliminate their Communist Governments. It happens here too. :taped: So what? :)

I think it was a bold stroke of genius by the Israeli Leadership to point up the fact that our current Administration is weak on Foreign Policy. :24:

Hey Dave,

Its odd for me to realize that some here are hopeful that their own country gets a "black eye" from an ally. Fact is, I think you got this one wrong. Netanyahu himself apologized to Biden, and held a press conference to announce that he had done so. This wasn't a "bold stroke of genius" planned by the almighty Israel to teach anybody a lesson. It was an error. A political misstep. Israeli leaders from Netanyahu on down have been apologizing because they realize something that apparently many of you guys don't...Israel flubbed a bit on this one.

I think the apologies are not as disingenuous as many here would like to believe. I don't think Israel is simply apologizing in front of the media for political points and then going back home with a "wink-wink" to his followers.

They should never have sent "Ole' Amtrack Joe" without knowing beforehand what the situation was and how it was going to play out. Send a lower level adjunct if you think their might be some sticky situations. The top question on my mind is why Hillary isn't the one being sent. She's the Secretary of State, but then again Arrogance runs thick in this Administration. :taped: I seem to recall "Ole' Amtrack Joe" shooting off his mouth several years back and even during this last Election about how as a Senator he told certain other Governments behind closed doors how it would be. Perhaps he telegraphed the same tone here and walked away with a black eye? :laugh:

Maybe the U.S. should start acting like an honest broker and extend a hand of Peace to it's own ally first. After all; "A brother was born for the day of adversity."

Hey, I'll be the first to admit that I don't trust what these people are doing most of the time. I question them alot. Not only should we question them...it is flat-out our duty to question them and try to hold them accountable. I don't see anything wrong with doing the same with our allies.