• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I'm wondering why I only hear people saying, "Come Lord Jesus!" after talk of how bad the world is?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

Well.. probably because when we are in the middle of terrible circumstance we want out..

my 2 cents..

other wise life is good and we want it to continue till it does get bad..

and I think I will quit right there... :emot-fail:

• Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Same thought here.. people are thinking about about themselves. Every time I hear someone say that, I shudder.. not because I'm not excited about Jesus coming to set everything straight. But because I know what the fate will be of all the other people who don't know Jesus... or want to know Him. It's VERY scary, and I wish that they would all come to Jesus. Having being tormented for 3 months by demons a couple of years ago. I can't imagine, how God's wrath will be for all those in hell.... for all eternity! Yikes!!

Guest Butero
I'm wondering why I only hear people saying, "Come Lord Jesus!" after talk of how bad the world is?

I think the evil makes people think about the signs of the times. The scripture about how it was in the days of Noah comes to mind. Then you have the liberals making stupid predictions about how eventually this generation of people will die out and a new more tolerant generation will come along and embrace things like homosexual marriage. I have even heard "liberal Christians" say things like that. The response in my mind is that when Jesus comes back, all these sinful things liberals are lifting up will be done away with. There will be no abortions in the millenial. There will be no acts of sodomy. There will be no idol worshippers. There will be no adulterers. I think you get the point. Diversity will not be our strength when it comes to sinful behavior. Just as liberals are longing for their left-wing Utopia, Christians are looking forward to the millenial reign of Christ when all things will be made right. I figure it will be very difficult for "liberal Christians" to deal with life after Jesus returns, but the rest of us will be rejoicing.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

True, but doesn't anyone want Jesus to come just for Jesus, not for what He will do?

• Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Good point! :emot-fail:

I think I got my lesson for to day! LOL.. I'm kidding, I'm kidding.

Guest Butero
True, but doesn't anyone want Jesus to come just for Jesus, not for what He will do?

If we want him to return for what he will do, we must love him. What I mean by that is, we support what he stands for. It has always perplexed me when "Christians" claim to love Jesus, but they are in opposition to everything in his Word. Nobody I know of has ever met Jesus in the flesh like the early apostles did, but we know of him and what he is about through the Bible. After learning about him, we had a choice as to whether we wanted to accept him into our hearts as our Lord and Savior, or reject him? I feel pretty confident that those who are looking forward to what Jesus will do are also looking forward to meeting him.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

It is an interesting question. Especially given that the prayer Jesus modeled for us told us to pray, "thy kingdom come"

It is an interesting question. Especially given that the prayer Jesus modeled for us told us to pray, "thy kingdom come"

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. Psalms 42:1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Yes! While I long for His justice and mercy, putting all things right in this sinful world, I want nothing more than to just be with Him for eternity. :whistling: