• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  201
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/24/1970

Hi there,

I would like to ask you something about meaning of being submit to Husband. as There is some discussion that i have been talking with my husband about it so I need to be clear about this.

I told my perspective about being submit to Husband, work with husband as teamwork, and he said no it is not like he said it has to be control by husband and the wife have to do everything what he says.

I need your view of the concept of being submit to husband and the head of the house that the husband is supposed to love the wife just like Jesus love me. and he said that the husband (head of the house) is just being take care of everyone. I told him not that what the bible says i told him that the husband is supposed to love wife and be there for her etc. he disagreed with me. so I need the feedback what you think of "being submit to Husband" and being Head of the house

I am looking forward to hear what your feedbacks that will help me better understanding of this.

Thank you

DC

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Remind him of the love the husband is to have toward his wife, as Christ loves the church. What kind of love is that?

1 Corinthians 13

The Greatest Gift

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.

When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

This is from a man, husband, father and grandfather, but most of all, one who follows CHrist.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  201
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/24/1970

Thank you Jamielea, I needed that to hear that make me laugh about it. YOu can pm me if you want to please do that as I would love to hear from you.

Thanks

DC

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Hi Canada,

He is a bit confused, forgive him.

Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her,

Eph 5:26 that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word,

Eph 5:27 so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish.

Eph 5:28 In the same way husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself.

Paul is saying that a husband is to love his wife as Jesus loves us. Thats huge! Jesus died for us, but He also washed our feet!

The love Jesus had for us was agape' love, no questions asked, all encompassing, all forgiving, die for us love.

So before we get to the submit bit (there are women who are going to answer that soon I bet :noidea: ), let me give you a man's perspective. It is as above, like Jesus loves us, so should we love our wives. But Jesus was also a leader, and a teacher, and had wisdom and knowledge, but above all the love..... And so if Paul is saying we are to love our wives as Jesus loves us, here is the hard part for us men. We are to strive to be as close to Jesus as we can in our walk.

And thats a big responsibility. It does not mean bringing home the paycheck and fixing the leak in the roof, and taking out the garbage, and taking the family out for a meal. It means BE LIKE JESUS. (as close as we humanly can)

Blessings

Guest LadyC

there is an excellent audio floating around somewhere out there, a two part series dealing with this subject... the submissive wife and the godly husband.

ok i found them. the "what's submission got to do with it?" in three parts, can be found here: http://www.familylife.com/site/apps/nlnet/...&ct=6020463

and "the best practices of headship" is the other part, and if i remember correctly, is the one that is supposed to be listened to first (before the submission one). it's here: http://www.familylife.com/site/apps/nl/con...&ct=4921353 this audio clip is only a one-segment audio, and the transcript is available at the bottom of the page if you'd rather just read it. you can also order all of both on CD.

maybe you can encourage your husband to sit down and listen to them WITH you. just approach it in a "i want to learn more about being submissive" kind of way LOL.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

Hi there,

I would like to ask you something about meaning of being submit to Husband. as There is some discussion that i have been talking with my husband about it so I need to be clear about this.

I told my perspective about being submit to Husband, work with husband as teamwork, and he said no it is not like he said it has to be control by husband and the wife have to do everything what he says.

Thank you

DC

the first issue i see here brings me to ask....are YOU TWO believers and in constant study of the word of God. I would even ask that if this is evident in your daily life and has been for a very very long time.

If not then there will be issues.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

"Submission is ducking down and getting out of the way so God can punch my husband!" :noidea:

:)

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

The husband is not to be a dictator. He is not to be a tyrant. He is to love his wife as Christ loves His church. He needs to be a man who seeks God's guidance in all matters and he needs to be a man who his wife can trust to make Godly decisions. He needs to be a man who his wife feels safe in submitting to.

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him. Wives, submit to your own husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. Husbands, love your wives and do not be bitter toward them. Colossians 3:16-19

Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord.For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body.Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so [let] the wives [be] to their own husbands in everything. Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her,that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish. So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself. For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as the Lord [does] the church. Ephesians 5:22-29

You see, this isn't a command to the wife only, but also to the husband. Too often people like to pick and choose what they want the Bible to say without reading all of it. Yes, wives are to submit, but husbands are to be godly men.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

"Submission is ducking down and getting out of the way so God can punch my husband!" :)

:emot-lwt:

:noidea:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

Biblical submission is love based. Jesus said if you love me, keep my commandments.

In a strict authoritive sense, he is correct, but in spirit and in practice, he is misunderstanding what the bible says.

All husbands are going to give an account for how they led their wives and children, and the merciful obtain mercy.

A biblical family model is not a democracy. The man makes the final decisions. A wise man heeds council, a foolish man doesn't. If he is resistant to your council, pray for him, and God will open his heart and understanding. That does not make you the boss, but you have a very important role to play.

God knew it was not good for man to be alone. He needs you, more than he knows. I am a husband, I know that I need my wife. However, I quickly get resistant when she begins ordering me as she is, of course, used to doing concerning the children. Your role is helpmate, HELP him.

I am a world class idiot without God's help, which he sends to me most of the time via my wife, as her role is to be a channel for my help. I still am responsible for making the decision, but an informed decision is much better than a bull headed ignorant decision.

True biblical submission makes demands on the one submitted to by way of a gentle obedience and sweet spirit. A soft answer breaks the bones. As you snuggle up beside him in every way, you will allow him to be a better man, to do better, and to choose better.

As you love him when he is being unattractively brutish, your love will build in him confidence that he can always rely on you, and he needs that understanding most of all, if he is to fulfill his duties as a father and a husband in a true loving way.