• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

The Pope has apologized for the abuse thousands of children suffered at the hands of Catholic "priests" in Ireland in a letter.

In my opinion he has not gone far enough, and that this church has done immense damage to all true believers. He also has not addressed child abuse elsewhere in the world, which he knows to exist.

"The letter is specific to Ireland and did not address similar scandals now coming to light in other European countries like Austria and Germany. Lombardi said the pope is aware of the situations in those countries, but did not think it was appropriate to address all of them in Saturday's letter."

Of course not. his spin doctors would have told him that St Patrick's day was a good day to issue the letter and hope for some diffusion.

"I know some of you find it difficult even to enter the doors of a church after all that has occurred," he says.

"I pray that, by drawing nearer to Christ and by participating in the life of his church -- a church purified by penance and renewed in pastoral charity -- you will come to rediscover Christ's infinite love for each one of you."

Next in the letter, the pope turned his attention to the priests and religious officials who have abused children. He sharply criticized them and said they must answer to the authorities.

"You betrayed the trust that was placed in you by innocent young people and their parents, and you must answer for it before Almighty God and before properly constituted tribunals," he says. "You have forfeited the esteem of the people of Ireland and brought shame and dishonor upon your confreres."

He added, "Together with the immense harm done to victims, great damage has been done to the church and to the public perception of the priesthood and religious life." (WHAT about unbelievers perceptions Mr Pope! Again the statements are all about the church and protecting it. And nothing about the lost, nothing about Jesus! The lost are running away thats why!) Oh I am sooooo angry.

The pope urged guilty priests to "take responsibility" for their sins and "seek to atone personally" for their actions.

"Openly acknowledge your guilt, submit yourselves to the demands of justice, but do not despair of God's mercy," he said.

I await the letter to the European Catholic church with interest. I am actually finding it hard to contain my anger at this. Not at my Catholic brothers and sisters, but at this church! The apology does not go far enough. It is a smoke screen trying to hide a problem that many have known has been going on for years, and the "mighty church", approaches it in almost a secular, business way manner. Excommunicate them!!!!!

If this had been a commercial institution (well lets pretend it is not), like say Walmart (and yes I know Walmart has nothing at all to do with this), imagine the fallout. BUT, simply because it is a church, I feel the fallout should be bigger! it will be in heaven, and hell....

Now press the report button if you will, but the truth is the truth.

Pope's Letter

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

There is never enough that can be done to repair the damage done by adults who are trusted members of society who prey upon children. They have been robbed of their innocence, their childhood - often their belief in God ... they live with a life-long shame of betrayal and powerless against what happened to them as children. Money doesn't fix it - apologies don't fix it - It is obviously a failed and flawed system and is rift with corruption. God help these people who have been hurt as the result of this horror.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

Greetings,

I left my first church, not because of the pastors, but because I was seeking a church who leader strives to teach and live accordingly to Gods word, and where the gifts of the Spirit was being manifested, not just read in the Bible. I wanted the whole 9 yards, where members are held accountable of their actions by the Word. I know there are problems everywhere and that theres no perfect church. But there are churches, leaders and members who are living victorious lives and get a "kick" out of serving God.

Here we see members that have no idea weather their priest will be next in this sad and disturbing situation. I know we have seen world known pastors rock the Christian world because of their wrong doing revealed. Sadly, I know of one who members received him back after the "I'm sorry" moment, only to be caught again, and is still an overseer. I don't know about them, but I know I would leave and not look back!!

My question is...are the members in the C Church so powerless that they can't demand change? Is there no way that some of the power the pope has, along with his board be replaced by an elected group of members to oversee and be able to know what going on in their churches?

Being a parent and grandparent, if I was part of a denomination who was having problems as this, I would seek to distant myself for the safety of my own.

This leaves a bad taste in my mouth!!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  415
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/02/1945

The Pope has apologized for the abuse thousands of children suffered at the hands of Catholic "priests" in Ireland in a letter.

In my opinion he has not gone far enough, and that this church has done immense damage to all true believers. He also has not addressed child abuse elsewhere in the world, which he knows to exist.

"The letter is specific to Ireland and did not address similar scandals now coming to light in other European countries like Austria and Germany. Lombardi said the pope is aware of the situations in those countries, but did not think it was appropriate to address all of them in Saturday's letter."

Of course not. his spin doctors would have told him that St Patrick's day was a good day to issue the letter and hope for some diffusion.

"I know some of you find it difficult even to enter the doors of a church after all that has occurred," he says.

"I pray that, by drawing nearer to Christ and by participating in the life of his church -- a church purified by penance and renewed in pastoral charity -- you will come to rediscover Christ's infinite love for each one of you."

Next in the letter, the pope turned his attention to the priests and religious officials who have abused children. He sharply criticized them and said they must answer to the authorities.

"You betrayed the trust that was placed in you by innocent young people and their parents, and you must answer for it before Almighty God and before properly constituted tribunals," he says. "You have forfeited the esteem of the people of Ireland and brought shame and dishonor upon your confreres."

He added, "Together with the immense harm done to victims, great damage has been done to the church and to the public perception of the priesthood and religious life." (WHAT about unbelievers perceptions Mr Pope! Again the statements are all about the church and protecting it. And nothing about the lost, nothing about Jesus! The lost are running away thats why!) Oh I am sooooo angry.

The pope urged guilty priests to "take responsibility" for their sins and "seek to atone personally" for their actions.

"Openly acknowledge your guilt, submit yourselves to the demands of justice, but do not despair of God's mercy," he said.

I await the letter to the European Catholic church with interest. I am actually finding it hard to contain my anger at this. Not at my Catholic brothers and sisters, but at this church! The apology does not go far enough. It is a smoke screen trying to hide a problem that many have known has been going on for years, and the "mighty church", approaches it in almost a secular, business way manner. Excommunicate them!!!!!

If this had been a commercial institution (well lets pretend it is not), like say Walmart (and yes I know Walmart has nothing at all to do with this), imagine the fallout. BUT, simply because it is a church, I feel the fallout should be bigger! it will be in heaven, and hell....

Now press the report button if you will, but the truth is the truth.

Pope's Letter

Forbidding to marry in the catholic church doctrines does a lot of harm. Priests, nuns, etc. have sexual desires. God made them that way and many cannot crucify their flesh. It is the commandment of God to marry rather than to burn. Unfortunately many thousands of children are victims to this lust by "people of God" forbidden to marry or have normal sexual relationships. Demons take over in their lives many times, it is unnatural. I believe the pope is a lot more worried about the disgrace to the church than what happened to those kids. I thank God if every church closed its door tomorrow, true christians realize that they are the church. The gates of hell will not prevail against the true church of Jesus. It makes me want to break down and cry to see so many deceived. The pope needs to speak out against sin, abhor it completely and forsake it. He is a father to so many people who believe every word he says like he is Go. Sad to me.

I think there are people who prey upon children in every denomination - not just the catholic church - but it has seen more notoriety than most. From daycare centers to little league and scouting - where there are innocent children, there will be those who are sick predators who take advantage of them. They are in a position of power and trust... and they are evil. As parents, we have heard enough of these stories that we listen more closely to what our children may say about adults - or at least we should.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Greetings,

I left my first church, not because of the pastors, but because I was seeking a church who leader strives to teach and live accordingly to Gods word, and where the gifts of the Spirit was being manifested, not just read in the Bible. I wanted the whole 9 yards, where members are held accountable of their actions by the Word. I know there are problems everywhere and that theres no perfect church. But there are churches, leaders and members who are living victorious lives and get a "kick" out of serving God.

Here we see members that have no idea weather their priest will be next in this sad and disturbing situation. I know we have seen world known pastors rock the Christian world because of their wrong doing revealed. Sadly, I know of one who members received him back after the "I'm sorry" moment, only to be caught again, and is still an overseer. I don't know about them, but I know I would leave and not look back!!

My question is...are the members in the C Church so powerless that they can't demand change? Is there no way that some of the power the pope has, along with his board be replaced by an elected group of members to oversee and be able to know what going on in their churches?

Being a parent and grandparent, if I was part of a denomination who was having problems as this, I would seek to distant myself of that it, for the safety of my own.

This leaves a bad taste in my mouth!!

Mine too, Joyful, and the awful thing is that it's been known to the church for decades. They only decided to do something when it became public. The Vatican is a business and they obviously care nothing for their flock. I think those that support the grandiose, almost obscenely so, lifestyle of the Catholic hierarchy should be able to get rid of their corrupt and ungodly church leaders. I don't think it's possible though.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

Church leaders admit and issue sorries when there is no other way. The real apology is when there is an effort to do something about it. The priests and nuns at every level know what the Bible says and apply it. They have decided to dedicate their lives to serve God but choose other paths. They will appear to be Judged by Him, as all of us will be. Therefore they should ask sorry to God.

Blessings

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I did - a few times in the last few days, and..

7. To priests and religious who have abused children

"You betrayed the trust that was placed in you by innocent young people and their parents, and you must answer for it before Almighty God and before properly constituted tribunals. You have forfeited the esteem of the people of Ireland and brought shame and dishonour upon your confreres. Those of you who are priests violated the sanctity of the sacrament of Holy Orders in which Christ makes himself present in us and in our actions. Together with the immense harm done to victims, great damage has been done to the Church and to the public perception of the priesthood and religious life.

I urge you to examine your conscience, take responsibility for the sins you have committed, and humbly express your sorrow. Sincere repentance opens the door to God

• 3 weeks later...

I am incensed by this continuing cover up. There are demons "preying" on children in this organisation. He says "submit yourselves to the demands of justice".

No Mr Pope, you do it, you have your own investigators, Vatican police, Swiss guard (your own army). You weed them out, you take them before the courts yourself, and then perhaps I will believe you are serious. This letter is a carefully worded platitude that leaves doors open for this to happen in the future. It glosses over the hurt done to these children (many of them now adults!)

Fez,

I read the letter also and think it leaves huge loopholes in a system that is very corrupt already. The Pope needs to do more than mouth platitudes - he needs to make the millions and millions of Catholic children around the world safe - by availing himself of all the means at his disposal to identify and prosecute these pedophiles. The Catholic church (among other organizations) has for years covered up, moved pedophile priests from church to church and paid off huge sums of money to those adults who suffered this abuse as children. Others who offer lip service and babble on about things they've never actually experienced and those who are paid to make this 'all go away' are no better than the people who hurt these children. The Pope has unbelievable power within the Catholic Church and he needs to put a stop to this ages-long coverup immediately - he can do it.