AnotherTraveler

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,009
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  3

I'm not "standing in the place of God" but merely stating an opinion. Plenty of strong opinions being aired here, not too sure why mine are less acceptable than others.

I'm more than happy to share my burden of Canada's taxes so that people end up not dying.

There were some people who obviously weren't especially sick in the Emergency Room, but the sickest people are seen first, not first come first serve. It ends up helping many, many people.

Passage Matthew 25:35-40:

35'For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; (F)I was a stranger, and you invited Me in;

36naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.'

37"Then the righteous will answer Him, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink?

38'And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You?

39'When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?'

40"The King will answer and say to them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.'

I thought that sounded like I'd heard it somewhere before.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

I'm more than happy to share my burden of Canada's taxes so that people end up not dying.

Yes, and wouldn't it be nice to do so in compliance with the Word of God and a heart full of Love rather than a Government mandating Social Justice which is clearly not Biblical?

It's a dangerous concept to allow Government to dictate what defines Social Justice. :noidea:

Peace,

Dave

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,009
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  3

Grace to you,

Yes, and wouldn't it be nice to do so in compliance with the Word of God and a heart full of Love rather than a Government mandating Social Justice which is clearly not Biblical?

It's a dangerous concept to allow Government to dictate what defines Social Justice. :noidea:

Peace,

Dave

Problem being that there is little in the way of an effective system in place for people to go out of their way and care for the sick in America on any major scale. Free Healthcare Clinics cost millions, requires hundreds of thousands of donors and hundreds of qualified volunteers. And they treat thousands-tens of thousands. There are tens of millions of people in America who need that.

At what point is it specified in the Bible that we are not to pay taxes so that people can get healthcare? I seem to remember something about render unto Ceasar. Government Run healthcare hasn't been so dangerous in Canada.

The other problem being that, simply, people don't care or do enough to help. In this situation the most good is not done by having circumstances were people desperately need charity who cannot pay for healthcare themselves, but by having healthcare for people who would otherwise need a massive collective charity effort, but end up not getting the care they need.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Grace to you,

Peace,

Dave

Problem being that there is little in the way of an effective system in place for people to go out of their way and care for the sick in America on any major scale. Free Healthcare Clinics cost millions, requires hundreds of thousands of donors and hundreds of qualified volunteers. And they treat thousands-tens of thousands. There are tens of millions of people in America who need that.

At what point is it specified in the Bible that we are not to pay taxes so that people can get healthcare? I seem to remember something about render unto Ceasar. Government Run healthcare hasn't been so dangerous in Canada.

The other problem being that, simply, people don't care or do enough to help. In this situation the most good is not done by having circumstances were people desperately need charity who cannot pay for healthcare themselves, but by having healthcare for people who would otherwise need a massive collective charity effort, but end up not getting the care they need.

Are you telling us how we should pay taxes and what our people need now? You should really leave these things to people who actually know what the heck they're talking about. :noidea:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

BE -

I was wondering if your cities have the Inner City culture that our cities have?

Grace to you,

You should really get your info from somewhere else than the HuffPo. :P

There aren't millions of folks going without Health Care in the U.S. There also aren't folks laying around dying in the streets.

In most States in the Union one can walk into any Hospital and not be refused care. It's against the Law. It's paid for by those whom do pay in higher premiums. In effect we already have Socialized Medicine. :)

However, on your second account that no one really cares. You ought really investigate Catholic Charities alone and the Catholic Hospital system to see expenditures on Charitable health care. That's just one Nationwide charity too. :24:

The Lord never advocated looking to the State or the Government for your care and neither did He ever advocate that we render unto Ceasar to take care of the poor. He actually manndated that you yourself feed the masses and knowing that you couldn't feed them with five loaves and a few fish. He showed you that He was with you and would multiply your efforts through the miracle of His Grace.

Barack OBama nor the Canadian Premier do not and cannot walk on water or feed the masses. :emot-hug: What will happen to America as has happened in Canada is that we will find out that when we rely on men that we will be soorly dissapointed. Our resources will actually dry up and rationing will occur. :laugh:

When you tie yourself into the Government there are strings attached. You won't like them when they bear fruit, like fully funded public health care abortions. Or directives on what to eat and when.

Sadly, you really have been misled and misinformed.

Peace,

Dave

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Hi Dave

However, on your second account that no one really cares. You ought really investigate Catholic Charities alone and the Catholic Hospital system to see expenditures on Charitable health care. That's just one Nationwide charity too. thumbsup.gif

You know what would really help? A report that quantifies private donations in the states (especially to health) and quantifies the cost of health care for those who are in genuine need and cannot fund their own health care. Then take into account inefficiency, and see how close the figures are. I say the states, only because this is about American health care. I'd also have no idea how to calculate this for Australia. I'm a skeptic, I will admit, but this next statement of yours got my attention

The Lord never advocated looking to the State or the Government for your care and neither did He ever advocate that we render unto Ceasar to take care of the poor. He actually manndated that you yourself feed the masses and knowing that you couldn't feed them with five loaves and a few fish. He showed you that He was with you and would multiply your efforts through the miracle of His Grace.

Quite true. This doesn't completely negate government provided services, but that faith is in the Lord and not man.

Blessings,

Andy

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Grace to you,

You should really get your info from somewhere else than the HuffPo. :P

There aren't millions of folks going without Health Care in the U.S. There also aren't folks laying around dying in the streets.

In most States in the Union one can walk into any Hospital and not be refused care. It's against the Law. It's paid for by those whom do pay in higher premiums. In effect we already have Socialized Medicine. :)

However, on your second account that no one really cares. You ought really investigate Catholic Charities alone and the Catholic Hospital system to see expenditures on Charitable health care. That's just one Nationwide charity too. :24:

Barack OBama nor the Canadian Premier do not and cannot walk on water or feed the masses. :emot-hug: What will happen to America as has happened in Canada is that we will find out that when we rely on men that we will be soorly dissapointed. Our resources will actually dry up and rationing will occur. :laugh:

When you tie yourself into the Government there are strings attached. You won't like them when they bear fruit, like fully funded public health care abortions. Or directives on what to eat and when.

Sadly, you really have been misled and misinformed.

Peace,

Dave

Absolutely true. B.E. means well, I'm sure, but he just doesn't KNOW.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Aren't you aware of the fact that the Media has been telling us for years that Canada and Cuba have the best Health Care in the world? :emot-hug: The media wouldn't lie. :)

Why, I bet Lil' Il' Pappa Chavez is applauding too. I think we may actually be following his economic model. :P

This Canadian had to go to The ER on thursday. I had excruciating pain on my right side, and vomited a few times due to how bad it was, could barely walk.

I got top rate medical care, Morphine, Ibuprofen, Blood and Urine Tests, CAT Scan, Ultrasound, and got Surgery on Friday. I got out of the hospital yesterday.

The cost to me? Nothing. I can now focus on continuing to start my small business into the next phase of it's operations, which was the thing I was currently working on, rather than worry about massive medical bills, which would have doomed my entrepreneurial efforts.

So yeah, we have pretty darn good healthcare here.

I am with you on this one BE. Almost the same symptoms three years ago (at 3 am), almost the same treatment (might have been same problem :24: ), in hospital for three days, two after procedure in operating theater. Cost to me, zip, Nada, nothing. Do I pay health care insurance? You bet I do. Willingly. Oh and I had the choice of two good private hospitals because I pay more. Less (if I was a non earner for instance), I would have had to go to a state hospital, (which operate off taxes) which is not such a good idea here, (with the exception of a few well managed ones), but still provide health care to the poor, from hip transplants to heart transplants, as well as traveling ante natal clinics, primary health care education, etc...

Even visits to my GP, and prescribed medicine he might issue can be claimed....

Andy,

Then take into account inefficiency,

I am a Business Student and I will tell you something that any first year student knows without having to be told. The private sector is always more efficient than the Federal Government. Be it Charity or not. Simply because a private affair operates under the principle of Stewardship and understands that it is profit motivated and that efficiencies are paramount. That's the whole basis of Business in Capitalism. Business has been working towards efficiencies from day one. if it doesn't generate a profit it ceases to exist. if you fail in executing efficiencies and good stewardship you will fail in your efforts and ceas to exist as a Charity or a Business.

However, the Government looks at the resources of others as their own. :laugh: They will continue to take or ration as they see fit. They will not look for efficiencies.

The Charitable organizations understand that the resources belong to God and therefore they operate under the principles of Good Stewardship.

If you do not generate a profit for the Business as a Manager you will be fired. There is no threat of removing Government officials for poor performance. :P

We simply disagree. :)

The Lord has not asked us to look to the Government for resources. He has asked us to rely on Himself. He is the Lord of our lives, not the Government. There is no third leg in the relationship between God and man. :24: That said, the Lord has also said that He stores up the riches of the wicked to give to the Righteous. If you are looking to the Government to take care of you. You will have the Government to be your Lord.

It is my opinion that God is currently mocking an American Idol to teach us much like the Israelites in the desert that man does not live by bread alone but by every Word that proceeds forth from the mouth of God. :emot-hug:

Peace,

Dave