WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.44
  • Content Count:  44,488
  • Content Per Day:  7.19
  • Days Won:  2

"I do not want the world to wake up to a conflict between Israel and Iran, because the international community has been incapable of acting," French President Nicolas Sarkozy said in an interview to CBS during his visit to the US to attend the Washington nuclear summit.

http://www.worthynews.com/top/ynetnews-com...875115,00-html/

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I was thinking of congratulating his statement . . .

Until I saw this:

The French president said the "best way to avoid this disaster scenario is to take measures in order to get Israel to understand that we are determined to ensure its security...

:blink:

...And Israel, furthermore, must equally make the necessary effort in order to bring about a fair and lasting peace with their Palestinian neighbors."

Great way to develop trust there. :thumbsup:

I thought, "Wow, the French President is actually making some sense." when I saw the headline. I agree with Neb's comment on the article, though.

I don't remember who said it, but:

"Israel is under no obligation to commit national suicide in the name of peace than any other nation on the face of the planet."

-- author unknown.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

I thought, "Wow, the French President is actually making some sense." when I saw the headline. I agree with Neb's comment on the article, though.

"Israel is under no obligation to commit national suicide in the name of peace than any other nation on the face of the planet."

-- author unknown.

Well, whoever it was, they were smarter than most of the world's leaders, walla.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  0

-- author unknown.

Israel has a right to defend itself against aggression. I'm not so sure an Israeli strike on Iran would be a bad thing. After all, Israel is the country who is under immediate threat from them (Iran's missiles certainly can't reach the united states). Apart from all of the posturing and rhetoric, it would probably be fairly successful. Israel's air force is far more modern and adept. It would likely be reminiscent of their strike on the Osirik reactor in Iraq in 1982, surgical to remove a threat. Iran has no real recourse of retaliation aside from scud missile launches, which Israel can defend itself from and which would like invite far harsher punitive actions from Israel than Iran could ever threaten. I'm not advocating it one way or the other, simply saying that Israel has a right to defend itself and other countries don't have a right to tell them that they can't.

-- author unknown.

Israel has a right to defend itself against aggression. I'm not so sure an Israeli strike on Iran would be a bad thing. After all, Israel is the country who is under immediate threat from them (Iran's missiles certainly can't reach the united states). Apart from all of the posturing and rhetoric, it would probably be fairly successful. Israel's air force is far more modern and adept. It would likely be reminiscent of their strike on the Osirik reactor in Iraq in 1982, surgical to remove a threat. Iran has no real recourse of retaliation aside from scud missile launches, which Israel can defend itself from and which would like invite far harsher punitive actions from Israel than Iran could ever threaten. I'm not advocating it one way or the other, simply saying that Israel has a right to defend itself and other countries don't have a right to tell them that they can't.

Plenty of countries make noises about such a strike but few would really worry if it happens. It's all about oil but, when it comes right down to the wire, even Saudi Arabia wouldn't lift a finger to help Iran.

-- author unknown.

Plenty of countries make noises about such a strike but few would really worry if it happens. It's all about oil but, when it comes right down to the wire, even Saudi Arabia wouldn't lift a finger to help Iran.

None of them could help them if they wanted to really. Even with Obama being president, etc. Even if there were a massive coalition assembled from Islamic countries with the purpose of punitive retaliation against Israel, there are tens of thousands of American troops in Iraq. Whether or not America would act to defend Israel is certainly in question, however, those countries probably wouldn't be willing to take that risk. Even if they did, the last three attempts at the invasion of Israel (and without Israel obtaining direct military help from outside countries) by Arab coalitions ended in catastrophe for the Arabs lol (1948 War of Independence, 1967 Six Day War, 1973 Yom Kippur War).

None of them could help them if they wanted to really. Even with Obama being president, etc. Even if there were a massive coalition assembled from Islamic countries with the purpose of punitive retaliation against Israel, there are tens of thousands of American troops in Iraq. Whether or not America would act to defend Israel is certainly in question, however, those countries probably wouldn't be willing to take that risk. Even if they did, the last three attempts at the invasion of Israel (and without Israel obtaining direct military help from outside countries) by Arab coalitions ended in catastrophe for the Arabs lol (1948 War of Independence, 1967 Six Day War, 1973 Yom Kippur War).

And the next one would as well....no one could possibly believe the Israelis could defeat a coalition of countries in 1948 without divine reinforcement. They didn't even have an army at the time! Whether the U.S. would intervene...I don't know. But, if this country fought against Israel....I would leave it.

And the next one would as well....no one could possibly believe the Israelis could defeat a coalition of countries in 1948 without divine reinforcement. They didn't even have an army at the time! Whether the U.S. would intervene...I don't know. But, if this country fought against Israel....I would leave it.

I agree. In 1948 they were fighting against tanks and artillery with rickety world war II surplus and hunting rifles. I believe that the swift and utter defeats of the Arab coalitions in 67 and 73 were at the very least extraordinarily impressive as well.

I agree. In 1948 they were fighting against tanks and artillery with rickety world war II surplus and hunting rifles. I believe that the swift and utter defeats of the Arab coalitions in 67 and 73 were at the very least extraordinarily impressive as well.

I've read up on those battles; even an article by some Syrian general that stated he SAW beings that were not Israeli soldiers on the battlefield. I need to find that; can't remember where I read it. But God was definitely with the Israelis every time their 'neighbors' attacked them. Of course, we can't discount their military prowess either. The Israeli military is second only to our own.