~candice~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Who are they, and what (practically speaking) does it take to be an ally?

Both major parties in our government supposedly are pro-Israel, but I don't know that plays out in practice in world politics.

Ideas?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

The US has historically been Israel's most staunchest ally.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

The US has historically been Israel's most staunchest ally.

Anyone else?

I mean... if Obama fully turns his back on Israel, I wonder what other allies are left?

I fear that my own country would remove allegiance because they don't have the military power to go it alone or to oppose a change in position by a world super power...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

God is their, like everybody elses,ally but yet to fully accept it.

Blessings

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I was always with the understanding that Israel was going to end up standing alone in the last days and only the return of the Messiah. It seems though this is exactly whats happening. They are fighting wars and threats of war from every direction and now i keep hearing that they are going to engage Iran and its nuke plants.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

I was always with the understanding that Israel was going to end up standing alone in the last days and only the return of the Messiah. It seems though this is exactly whats happening. They are fighting wars and threats of war from every direction and now i keep hearing that they are going to engage Iran and its nuke plants.

This is what is written in the book of Ezekiel... and all the pieces of the puzzle are coming together.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Both major parties in our government supposedly are pro-Israel, but I don't know that plays out in practice in world politics.

Ideas?

I think it is a question the Israelis themselves often wonder!

Ultimately what makes an ally?...perhaps some of the voting at the UN over the last 50 years, goes some way to showing who is a practical ally to Israel....I think Micronesia comes out pretty well.

My country the UK is supposed to be an Ally, but has never shown what I consider any real support.

As EricH says, the USA is always supposed to be the biggest supporter...but at crucial times has shown double standards...for example the case of the political prisoner Jonathan Pollard, who felt forced to spy internally for Israel, because he knew the US was breaking a promise and commitment to share important satellite information with Israel....he is still languishing in a US jail, for so-called 'treason', after over 20 years.

I think a true ally to Israel is someone, or a collection of people, who take G-d's view of the people He specially chose to be a light to the nations, and sticks by them through thick and thin, praying for them to truly know the Shalom of G-d, and that all that He has intended for them, will come to pass.

• Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

Who are Israel's allies?

I am. :o

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.90
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

:thumbsup:

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  0.99

Ideas?

Israel is in a mutual defense treaty with no country, to my knowledge. Meaning that technically they have no allies. The United States and a few other countries (Australia being one of them) tacitly claim to back Israel against potential foes. I wonder about this, though, as Israel has had 3 invasion attempts on it in the past 62 years and none of these countries actually intervened with their military. So I'll just go ahead and make the claim that Israel's only true, and by far most important, ally is God.

Eze 39:1 Therefore, thou son of man, prophesy against Gog, and say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against thee, O Gog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal:

Eze 39:2 And I will turn thee back, and leave but the sixth part of thee, and will cause thee to come up from the north parts, and will bring thee upon the mountains of Israel:

Eze 39:3 And I will smite thy bow out of thy left hand, and will cause thine arrows to fall out of thy right hand.

Eze 39:4 Thou shalt fall upon the mountains of Israel, thou, and all thy bands, and the people that is with thee: I will give thee unto the ravenous birds of every sort, and to the beasts of the field to be devoured.

Eze 39:5 Thou shalt fall upon the open field: for I have spoken it, saith the Lord GOD.