• Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Updated April 15, 2010

Tea Party Protesters Descend on D.C. With New 'Contract From America'

FOXNews.com

Thousands of protesters descended on the nation's Capitol for April 15 tax deadline protests as activists offered up a new "Contract From America" aimed at using the winning formula of the 1994 Republican revolution while also developing a direction for the burgeoning movement.

<snip>

Those behind the document say that by asking visitors to the Web site http://www.contractfromamerica.org to propose and vote on the agenda, the results are a list not "handed down from on high by old-bull politicians, but one handed up from the true grassroots in this country."

Read here

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.90
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

What, no racism or spitting. They must have been faked events.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Dick Armey made a great point....if the Tea Party movement wasn't worrisome to the far left (and it IS the far left, not just every day Democrats) then they wouldn't be trying to sabotage that movement by would-be spy antics and dirty tricks. How pathetic they are....and they're telling the world that they are. Stupid.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  0.99

Dick Armey made a great point....if the Tea Party movement wasn't worrisome to the far left (and it IS the far left, not just every day Democrats) then they wouldn't be trying to sabotage that movement by would-be spy antics and dirty tricks. How pathetic they are....and they're telling the world that they are. Stupid.

I certainly agree with your point. However, I think that the republican party is just as much trying to corrupt and use the movement to its advantage, though in a different manner.

I certainly agree with your point. However, I think that the republican party is just as much trying to corrupt and use the movement to its advantage, though in a different manner.

Good point; the Republicans want to associate themselves with the Tea Party movement as a way of differentiating themselves from the Democrats in the upcoming elections. I don't blame them for doing it but I don't think it's good for the grass-roots movement.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  828
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  12/28/1980

I went to my first tea party last night and it was awesome- really exciting and really glad Im a Texan.

Good point; the Republicans want to associate themselves with the Tea Party movement as a way of differentiating themselves from the Democrats in the upcoming elections. I don't blame them for doing it but I don't think it's good for the grass-roots movement.

Indeed. I think it's awful for it. I think the best way for the republicans to dissociate themselves from the democrats would be by bringing a truly constitutional outlook back to Washington and then winning based on that, and continuing to build on that by actually doing what they say, not by tricking a movement into voting for the same old people with the same old agenda that will have the same old outcomes.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.90
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

In reality, we Tea Partiers aren't falling for it. We are vetting and supporting new conservative candidates, those who will support the Constitution. The old party dogs are on the way out, from both parties, and new blood will win in the primaries. If we all have the courage to vote the vagabonds out.

In reality, we Tea Partiers aren't falling for it. We are vetting and supporting new conservative candidates, those who will support the Constitution. The old party dogs are on the way out, from both parties, and new blood will win in the primaries. If we all have the courage to vote the vagabonds out.

So you're basically saying that if Mitt Romney, Mike Huckabee, or Sarah Palin were to get the nomination in 2012 that most of the tea party vote will be going third party or independent?

Indeed. I think it's awful for it. I think the best way for the republicans to dissociate themselves from the democrats would be by bringing a truly constitutional outlook back to Washington and then winning based on that, and continuing to build on that by actually doing what they say, not by tricking a movement into voting for the same old people with the same old agenda that will have the same old outcomes.

Same old needs to go.....these two parties have become a bunch of losers paddling the same leaky canoe down a river of our money. Good riddance to all of them.