IGNORED

Discipline and Forgiveness

That kid sounds like a regular little monster. It sounds like that was the only option that might get mom's and especially the kid's attention at this point. It sounds like the kid is totally out of control and mom doesn't have a clue what she's doing. Hopefully they both will get a wake up call. There must be consequences, or the kid will never see a reason to change his behavior.

I believe you did the only thing you could in that situation.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

By the way I am raising two children as a single mother.

They know their limits and they have set boundaries.

I don't cut them any slack. I know many single moms who are strict with their children and let them know their mothers won't tolerate any nonsense.

I don't take nonsense from any child living under my roof. Period. Father or no father.

Some single parents stop parenting and behave like children themselves and expect their children to parent THEM. The love and affection they should be getting from an adult mate and partner, they try to receive it from the child. Very wrong. I know a single mom whose son is always the "victim", "innocent." He got his girflfriend pregnant and the mother said the girlfriend trapped her poor son. He is now 27 years old and getting in touble with the law all the time, getitng into fights and getting arrested,. losing his jobs, not taking care of his child.... and sleeping in his mother's bed because his mom doesnt like sleeping alone.

:emot-highfive:

Bottom line is. Do what is right.

:(

It's all about boundaries. The huge difference is that your children are being raised in a Christian environment, and the youngster, Luke, is not. That coupled to the fact that his mother has no control over him whatsoever.

Just another thing. They broke in on Saturday. I was at home most of the day and should have heard something. I am ultra aware security wise (past life made me so :emot-pray: ). His grandfather phoned me a few minutes ago (He is a Christian), and said this is the Lord allowing this to come to a head so the child can be saved from himself, and his mother can be made to realize just how her neglect of any discipline at all is affecting him.

When I had them in the house that had been broken into there were drawers pulled out of dressers and strewn all over the floor.

Her comment to Luke? "Lukie, I have told you when you pull out a drawer you must always push it back in!" :emot-highfive:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

.... and sleeping in his mother's bed because his mom doesnt like sleeping alone.

:emot-pray:

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

It is a challenge being a single parent - being a parent at all is a challenge at times. I think you did the right thing - he should know better at 12 not to do these things and his mother is not loving him by letting him get away with such behavior. I think you did the right thing - she may well still be visiting him in jail one day - but he needs to know that there are consequences to his behavior.

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

Theres a possiblity the mom is afraid of the son, giving in to his whims and ignoring the behavior. Some parents think things like that are just phases. The mom may hold all her hopes and dreams into this kid also, I have seen so many attach themselves to their children which gives way that their children can do no wrong. I think you did the right thing Fez, you spoke to them both a number of times it seems and eventually every one of us has to stand up and take the consequences of our actions. I can just imagine what this kid would be like as an adult, running with gangs and worse.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

Her comment to Luke? "Lukie, I have told you when you pull out a drawer you must always push it back in!" :emot-pray:

If not for the fact that this a tragic situation, this would be highly comical.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Fez, you did the right thing by allowing the apt. owner to make the decisions he had to make. :emot-pray:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  69
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  04/06/1961

Fez..do you think perhaps the Lord has put this child in your path for a reason. Not only for his benefit..but yours also. May the Lord be with you always..may His mercy and peace rest upon you..covering you completely!

The rod and reproof give wisdom,

But a child who gets his own way brings shame to his mother. Proverbs 29:16 (NASB)

>>>>>()<<<<<

.... I wonder if I should have let it slide, they will be gone in a couple of weeks, and it won

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

The rod and reproof give wisdom,

But a child who gets his own way brings shame to his mother. Proverbs 29:16 (NASB)

Thanks Joe :emot-pray:

There is a whole sermon in that verse! Once things have taken their course in this thing, I will try again, and again to witness to them, and this verse will be the anchor!