• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Trying.....to....resist...... :thumbsup:

What??? And disappoint your fans?? Besides, all that resisting might cause you to strain something.

Okay..........you asked for it.

The cat is obviously spoiled rotten. I suggest a strict regimen of starvation and beatings for about a week or so to show it who's boss. If that doesn't work, buy a cat-hating dog.

:laugh:

You have dropped into a cat lover's thread, wyguy....after the above, I would back away slowly and then run like like you're training for the Olympics! :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,138
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Trying.....to....resist...... :)

What??? And disappoint your fans?? Besides, all that resisting might cause you to strain something.

The cat is obviously spoiled rotten. I suggest a strict regimen of starvation and beatings for about a week or so to show it who's boss. If that doesn't work, buy a cat-hating dog.

:thumbsup:

You obviously don't know much about cats. If you starve one and beat it, you'd better kill it, for cats don't really get mad, they get even..... they are not satisfied until retrobution is carried out. My neighbors tried the dog thing about 50 years ago. After 115 stitches, the dog decided that cats were not so bad to have around. I watched that fight and boy was it ugly.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Trying.....to....resist...... :thumbsup:

:laugh:

You obviously don't know much about cats. If you starve one and beat it, you'd better kill it, for cats don't really get mad, they get even..... they are not satisfied until retrobution is carried out. My neighbors tried the dog thing about 50 years ago. After 115 stitches, the dog decided that cats were not so bad to have around. I watched that fight and boy was it ugly.

I think Wyguy was kidding (I hope!) but what you say about cats is true. My late baby Amanda, a 12 pound Birman, attacked both of my dogs at once and drew blood from both! They NEVER messed with her again. I would hate to think of the damage the 25 pound male I have now could do to a dog. Yeah, you have to give a cat his due respect. Or else he won't let you live with him anymore. :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

Other one:

thanks a lot... thats what i thought too. She has access to the balcony now, but it is very small. My apartment is in a building so I dont have access to a yard.

Elkie:

I wish you were around here too because I am about to just give her away. It is all the high expectations about being a pet owner and treating pets like they are the apple of your eye that I can't handle....

I have been to cat forums and they seem to all love their cats as much as they do their own children!!! so the mere suggestion of giving your cat away is getting people lashing out at you and calling you a monster....

I am giving this a couple more weeks and then will have to do what I have to do...

I pray God guides me through this....

:cool:

Wish I was nearby ya, too. I sure would try to help out and find what your kitty is needing or trying to tell you.

Maybe some cat owners nearby you could be a good help? Some great cat pet owner will volunteer at second chance adoption centers, might find someone there if you don't know anyone in person to help you out.

Sorry it has been so difficult for you.

I do love my pets. But, I won't lash out at you . I just wish I could be more help to you and your kitty relationship. I do hope you can keep you kitty and most of all that your kitty has a good home and not given up on entirely.

What breed is your kitty or what does she look like?

The thing is they are cats and they speak cat language, not only in sound, in body language and how the think..cat-thoughts :35: if you will.

Animals do need to be treated differently than people. They understand things in similar, but, different ways in some areas.

In understanding cats, or any animal, it helps a lot to learn how they tick. When we understand them, they will notice it ,too. We can them reach the min ways they will understand well.

Best to you, best to kitty, too,

elkie

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  04/30/1971

:noidea: I am hoping the cat lovers and experienced owners will give me suggestions.

My kitten is a 10-month-old female. I got her when she was 9 weeks old. She is fixed and de-clawed. She is very good using her litter box. Except once in a while she will pee in the middle of our beds (my daughters, mine). It is always right in the center of the mattress, always at the same spots where she sleeps.

I have had her checked and its not urinary tract infections. It is definitely behavioral...

She is a spoilt kitten, sleeps in my bed with me, gets cuddled a lot. I dont leave her alone much, given that I work from home 65% of the time.

Well, last thursday, she peed on the sofa (at the spot where she likes to nap)... next day, did the same thing.... On the third day I caught her digging with her paws on my sofa and getting ready to squat to pee... She tried the same thing on my bed as I was lying there!!!

I just moved into a new apartment and animals arent allowed and the whole floor is carpeting and if she pees on it I am in big big trouble.

I am getting exasperated. It looks like she is marking her territory for some reason...

I am thinking of giving her away to someone who has the patience and space and the financial resources!

Need your advice help....

Diapers :noidea: here kitttty kittttty here kittty :sneaking:

OK what do you do with the tail :cool:

Well, I don't know about kitty diapers, but I used to put one on my Bulldog and it had a nice, convenient hole for her tail to poke out of. Of course, she's a Bulldog, meaning she's built like a tank and couldn't reach her tail or rear end with her mouth if her life depended on it. She used to rub up against the furniture in an effort to get the thing to fall off. :35:

Kitties are a little more dexterous. You'd have to fit one with a plastic cone and have it completely declawed to keep it from shredding a diaper. Even then, it would probably just wiggle its way out. They're master contortionists, you know.

Edited by winsomebulldog

Don't play with me..... you know you want to say it...... can't hardly hold it back..... but don't do it.... don't make me say bad words LoL.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

I think Wyguy was kidding (I hope!)

You would think you'd know me by now. :noidea:

Of course I was kidding. I would never harm an animal - not even Michael Moore. :P

I think Wyguy was kidding (I hope!)

You would think you'd know me by now. :noidea:

Of course I was kidding. I would never harm an animal - not even Michael Moore. :P

Well, I didn't think you were serious..... but just the thought brought up some traits that just had to be brought out......

aaaaaahhhhhhh, I'm not sure about the Michael More thing though. Sometimes their behavior gets so bad that correction is needed.