• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

I'm just full of them today! :whistling:

I have these tracts that I want to put on the table at work for clients to read. It's called God Allows U-Turns. It's a great tract and I think that it may save clients. I work in a law firm and we see a lot of very disturbed people on a daily basis.

The problem is that my boss is a buddhist. I think he is because he has a lot of buddhist stuff in his office. I have this feeling if I ask him to put these tracts out he will say "no".

Would it be wrong if I just put them out in front without asking him?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I have these tracts that I want to put on the table at work for clients to read. It's called God Allows U-Turns. It's a great tract and I think that it may save clients. I work in a law firm and we see a lot of very disturbed people on a daily basis.

The problem is that my boss is a buddhist. I think he is because he has a lot of buddhist stuff in his office. I have this feeling if I ask him to put these tracts out he will say "no".

Yes it would. He is your boss, and it would be best to check company policy first.

Your time would be better spent praying for him. The results of him accepting Jesus would be far better, for him, and for the office, and the clients he will meet.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,180
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Isn't this what your asking- Respect to my idol worshiping boss or Christ who tells us to witness?

Acts 4:19-21

19 But Peter and John answered and said to them, "Whether it is right in the sight of God to listen to you more than to God, you judge. 20 For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard." 21 So when they had further threatened them, they let them go, finding no way of punishing them, because of the people, since they all glorified God for what had been done.

NKJV

What FEZ has said you may have already agreed to not do this by policy! You are between a Rock and dark place! Love Steven

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  283
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1983

I believe you should definitely pray, but also put out the tracts. "Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men." Acts 5:29

Still be careful you need your job.

• Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Put it for you this way. 90% of the people I worked with in my previous workplace were professed atheists including my boss. I was a openly practicing Christian and shared Christian books with my co-workers. Well, everyone found out about this and it created some resentment among my co-workers towards me. My boss didn't want to get involved in the office gossip so refrained from it.

However, there was one guy who really hated me, not only was he an atheist but gay too. I never spoke against him or did anything wrong to him but he just hated me for who I was. Because I would talk about God to my coworkers he conspired against me to get me fired. I asked God to protect me and he did. The battle was fierce for me because it would knock me into depression (because I worried about their salvation) but I endured some how. Going to the gym almost everyday really helped release the stress from that hostile workplace. Eventually though, when the economy went bad and they wanted to let go of some people, I was the third person to be laid off. I probably could have stayed on if I prayed to God but by this time I was so hurt in my spirit that I wanted out and God allowed it to happen. I prayed to Him "If you want me to leave then I won't resist"...

But because of how badly they treated me, it was real hard for me to have the passion and the desire to look for work again. Your probably not like me... but I would be careful about how to approach people about God in the workplace. I think the best way is to pray to God to give you a strategy instead of trying to make something like myself... like if God would move one of them to ask you about your faith so that they can get saved and that opens doors with other people for you?

Anyway, I'm all for what you are doing.. just beware, if it goes bad the whole office can turn against you. I would pray to God for a strategy, he knows best how to protect you and save the souls of those who are lost. Even though I went through a hard time, I don't regret it. I can sense in my spirit that I had really influenced some of them heavily because of not just what I said and shared but the way I acted. I made real sure that my walk with the Lord was straight so that they could not accuse me of anything.

I know some of them are or are going to be saved as a result of that real soon.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  615
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

That is a tough one. Jesus said render unto Ceasar the things which are Ceasers. In the case the boss would be Caesar. I would ask your boss. Many buddhists do not oppose Christianity. They view it as a path to a god. Where we disagree is we believe it is The only path to The Only God.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Yes it would. He is your boss, and it would be best to check company policy first.

Your time would be better spent praying for him. The results of him accepting Jesus would be far better, for him, and for the office, and the clients he will meet.

I have read the other comments.

I manage a large staff and we have a front office. If someone put anything out there, advert, new age tract, etc, they would be going against policy and I would have to act.

In this case the content of the media matters not as much as policy. (as hard as that might be to accept). If someone put out satanistic content, or JW Watchtower, how would you feel?

Leave the tracts and pray.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I don't know what the success rate of tracks are to winning souls.

Has anyone heard any testimonies form anyone that included, "I saw this Christian track...."

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  519
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/28/1980

I think that they can work, or at least make one think. Go ahead put a few out at work hide them in magazines. or put on in the bathroom stall. odd places, are always good places My dad use to work as a painter and wall paper installer part time, he would put a gospel message on the wall before hanging the wall paper.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I think that they can work, or at least make one think.

You think they can - but do they?