BlindSeeker

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Too bad this topic died, but it's no wonder because Biblically there's little scripture to back a 7 year tribulation period. However, over and over again the Scriptures are full of lengths of time based on 3 1/2 years.

What's really great -- is that the Lord's coming back soon and is going to correct all of our doctrine! :-) I think the favorite word in Heaven will be -- Duh! ;) As He begins to teach us His ways perfectly in our glorified bodies!

:cool:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Personally, I study the Word and let the Word speak for itself. The Bible declares out of the "voice of 2 witnesses" shall a word be established. If someone can show definitively JUST 2 verses that show a 7 year tribulation period then I'd be more inclined to think there is a 7 year tribulation period. Only 2 verses. Should be pretty easily I would suspect considering there are 31,173 verses. When you consider how important this doctrinal position is for some people, then you should have the Scripture to back it up.

Only 2 verses. :)

The 2 verse challenge starts now! :)

Nice challenge George! I have read that there are two schools concerning the first 3 1/2 years. The first school that speaks about the first half of the 70th week, spoken of in Daniel 9, pertains to the time of Christ on earth, while another school speaks of it as the tribulation (beginning of sorrows) before the great tribulation, as spoken of in Matthew 24. Yet, to answer your challenge, there is only one place that we can find the time of a week, being 7 years, and that is in Daniel 9. Yet, there are many places were we read about the 3 1/2 year time of the great tribulation.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

No other takers?? :noidea:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

There are, I will show you them later. I did let you know that I had posted these answers on a different thread called Temple of God. Page 8 of 28 post 74.

For everyone's benefit, this is e lansing's post in reference -

Parker, how do you know for sure that the rapture will happen before the last 7yrs? Scripture need to interpret scripture. All theories need to back up with scripture. For Example: Daniel 9:24-27 It talks of an amount of time given to the Jewish people. 70 weeks. Now for the sake of time i will just give you this out line as short as possible. How many days are in a week? right, 7 days in a week. 7 days times 70 weeks comes out to 490. 490 day do not add up to anything so it must mean 490 years. It says in Dan 9:25 this time of 490 years will start when the decree is given to rebuild the temple. This happen in 444bc. Confirmed in Nehemiah 2:8. In verse 25 of Dan 9 it gives another set of numbers. 69 weeks plus one week. 69 times 7 is 434. one week times 7 is 49 add them together we get 483 yrs. We are 7 years short of 70 weeks. A time period was given for the Jewish nation of 490 years and it started 444bc when the decree was given to rebuild the temple. so what stop the clock? In Daniel 9:26 is says until the time of massiah will be cut off. When Jesus died on the cross it was 483 years later to the day. Just like it was prophecied. We are in a time gap, why? In Dan 9:26 it referrs to a time of wars, this is speaking of Israel being in a time of wars. The next thing to happen and what most teacher are waiting for is this new temple. Why? Because when this new temple starts to be built it will be the beginning of the last seven years. How do know that this temple has not been built, the 490 years has not been complete yet. Because it stop at the death of Jesus. There is more but for the sake of time i will end this here.

The only thing that even looks like a rapture is at Matthew 24:31 It looks like the raptures happens after this new temple is built and the antichrist commits the abomination of desolation.

Will you provide your position with scripture so we can see a time line?

TO E LANSING:

haven't finished the thread so i'm still looking to see how it plays out and doing some investigation of my own, but i did not want to miss complimenting you on how well you laid out the explanation. i have seen it laid out before of course, but never so concise and to the point. i have a lot of admiration for that since it's something i can never seem to manage. :)

and to BlindSeeker, thanks for posting it here. very helpful to someone like me who is usually short on time. i'm looking forward to this whole new topic of study.