Matthitjah

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,229
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

This is typical bee behavior. They were just hanging out while scouts went looking for a good place to set up their new hive. Clearly, they were smart enough to realize that they wanted nothing to do with Obama's White House! :laugh:

Thoausands of bee's just hanging out?

Is this normal bee behavior? I'm asking because I don't know. :cool: Do you work with bee's?

Peace,

Dave

It happens all the time in one place or another. hives move around from time to time and this is normal. The bees could have moved on, or they might be in the attic. I've seen them move into a house attic and it might be a long time before people notice them.

Honey bees seldom sting unless you get aggressive with them unless they are the African bees. My uncle used to have several hives around his farm in one place or another to help pollinate some of his plants and trees.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Does anyone else find it odd that it happened Sunday morning at 10:00 AM and that the President was on his way to a basketball game at that hour on that day? :cool:

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

This is typical bee behavior. They were just hanging out while scouts went looking for a good place to set up their new hive. Clearly, they were smart enough to realize that they wanted nothing to do with Obama's White House! :laugh:

Is this normal bee behavior? I'm asking because I don't know. :cool: Do you work with bee's?

Peace,

Dave

It happens all the time in one place or another. hives move around from time to time and this is normal. The bees could have moved on, or they might be in the attic. I've seen them move into a house attic and it might be a long time before people notice them.

Honey bees seldom sting unless you get aggressive with them unless they are the African bees. My uncle used to have several hives around his farm in one place or another to help pollinate some of his plants and trees.

He should be grateful he isnt in Arizona then, where all the native bees have been recolonized with africanized bees.

Several years ago in Phoenix, a man parked his jeep and went into the mall. He came out an hour or so later to find a swarm of bees had taken over his jeep lol. The fire department had to be called out to deal with it lol.

With proper protection dealing with regular bees is not a big deal, and I know some native americans who don't even use the screen protection...... but Americanized bees are a whole different story..... and since I can't tell the difference by looking at them, I don't want anything to do with any of them..

Does anyone else find it odd that it happened Sunday morning at 10:00 AM and that the President was on his way to a basketball game at that hour on that day? :cool:

Not really...... now if they had attacked him, that might raise an eyebrow

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  04/30/1971

This is typical bee behavior. They were just hanging out while scouts went looking for a good place to set up their new hive. Clearly, they were smart enough to realize that they wanted nothing to do with Obama's White House! :P

Is this normal bee behavior? I'm asking because I don't know. :whistling: Do you work with bee's?

Peace,

Dave

Yes, hubby and I have 2 hives right now and friends who have many, many more. If an established hive gets too full of bees, they'll make a new queen and split off to go make a second hive elsewhere. The bees will cluster in a group around the queen and wait for scouts to go out and hunt up a new location. They'll gather all sorts of places. They are also at the their most gentle during this time, meaning they can be handled pretty easily because they're not defending their hive. Anyway, the scouts will go out and look for a new home and when they find it, they'll come back and get the rest of the hive and off they'll all go. Hives that are swarming don't hang around for long, usually. Here are some shots I've taken of our bees if anyone is interested: Bees

• Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

Does anyone else find it odd that it happened Sunday morning at 10:00 AM and that the President was on his way to a basketball game at that hour on that day? :emot-highfive:

No at 10:00 Sunday...I was in bed watching TV....

What else should he have been doing? :noidea:.... :P

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Yes, hubby and I have 2 hives right now and friends who have many, many more. If an established hive gets too full of bees, they'll make a new queen and split off to go make a second hive elsewhere. The bees will cluster in a group around the queen and wait for scouts to go out and hunt up a new location. They'll gather all sorts of places. They are also at the their most gentle during this time, meaning they can be handled pretty easily because they're not defending their hive. Anyway, the scouts will go out and look for a new home and when they find it, they'll come back and get the rest of the hive and off they'll all go. Hives that are swarming don't hang around for long, usually. Here are some shots I've taken of our bees if anyone is interested: Bees

But the Lord can and has used what is "natural" to get a point across. The trick is the timing and the location. :emot-highfive:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Does anyone else find it odd that it happened Sunday morning at 10:00 AM and that the President was on his way to a basketball game at that hour on that day? :emot-highfive:

How did you figure it was 10am?

• Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Does anyone else find it odd that it happened Sunday morning at 10:00 AM and that the President was on his way to a basketball game at that hour on that day? :noidea:

How did you figure it was 10am?

It was reported in another article I saw on the incident. :24:

It's not unusual for the Obama's to exercise on the Lord's day. On Christmas morning they both went and played some sport or another together.