Guest Calamity

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

George...That is a great idea and should solve the immediate problem which was not so much the rascals coming onto the Forum and looking for Christians to taunt...but mature Christians who want to debate difficult issues...sometimes quite heatedly...but hopefully in an overall spirit of love...(eventually).

I think the volume issue has been covered sufficiently by the other mods here, but I thought I'd chime in anyhow. Saints we are getting around 1,000 new members per day here. If we figure a very conservative 10% of those new members who post just once, then that's 50 new posts a day. But we know that most folks don't post only once. A new member may post 15 or 20 responses within the course of just a few hours. Think of how many new posts that have the potential of problems.

GymRose wrote...

One thing I have noticed of late on a couple of threads that were closed was the comment "This has been discussed for 16 or 17 pages now and after that all views should have been voiced". I know there were debates in those threads but there was no rudeness that I saw and I kinda felt it was wrong to close them based on the number of pages because new comers ( people who have only just seen the thread, not new to the board ) come to read it and want to say something and can't and it has only been locked because all views should be there withn the 16 or 17 pages.

I think that in light of the amount of new-comers and the quantity of posts it is hardly a feasible argument to delete posts because the subject has been covered to such a great deal in previous posts and besides people enjoy the freshness and immediacy of participation rather than being referred to old threads however good they might have been...after all if it has been done to death don't participate,but I am sure there will be plenty of newbies who will be only too happy to do so.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  728
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

Interesting topic!  As I was just praying about this particular topic, I believe I have found a suitable medium for those wanting to debate serious issues.  Before I implement the change I will spend some time in prayer making sure it's the right decision.

The forum -- Controversial Issues -- is truly for controversial issues, but perhaps it should be limited to those who have been around for some time who understand how we run our forums.  I believe I'll allow only those who have 250+ posts to post in Controversial.  By the time someone gets to 250+ posts, if they have been around that long then they will have spent time reading through the forums and understanding how we like to discuss issues.

Our desire here is to not only provide a place of fellowship, but also a place to disciple and learn.  I'll spend some time praying specifically about how we can provide a better atmosphere for everyone desiring to fellowship.

Your brother in Christ with much agape love,

George

Good idea George.

Not to beat a horse BUT I would suggest that a Header Message or a Text Box pops up prior to posting asking the poster what James asked his readers? "Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show it by his good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom." James 3:13

Another passage to put in the "do you really want to post this" popup:

Jam 1:19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:

Jam 1:20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

;)

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

Calamity hurt someones feelings? I just can't see it...sorry I can't :il: I remember a time that I got hurt in a thread...who helped comfort me...and wrote to me immediately? Calamity did. I appreciated that I really did. I wish everyone could handle themselves as well as you do. :hug:

Love and Blessings,

Angel

I think that 250 posts is a great idea...

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  728
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Hey, Calamity, I think I know exactly what you mean. I just had a thread I started completely deleted with no explanation and not even a PM. I think we are under assault by the Fuzzy Purple Butterfly Brigage.

[Edited per the request of the mods]

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  307
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  11/02/1972

I think all topics should be left to run there course unless it is not edifieing God or is abusing to someone. Once a topic has been hammered enough it will aventually dissapear.If people are posting in it then it must still be relevent.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

What's all this nicey-nice stuff?? :t2:

The Purples have been abusing their power for many years now and need to be crushed!! :P

They have no shame.

Grind them to the ground and live in freedom!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, just kidding.

The Mod Squad has a lot of work to do every day. So many newer members want to just come on, post a few abusive statements, then sit back and watch the fireworks fly. I think those entrusted with the daily upkeep here are doing a wonderful job controling that.

Of course, some toes will be stepped on during the course of editing.

I think that Georges idea is a good one so that they can weed out the ones that have no intention of actually listening and repenting.

Maybe the Mods need help too. More Mods would help, and we can do our part by keeping watch and "getting" on the offenders we see them in a loving, warning kind of way. Be sure to report those that are really bad to help the Mods.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that THAT"S over, back to the front!

t.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Report a post

Dear moderator,

Please see ted's comments about crushing the power of the purple.

:hug: Ted, Im just teasing. I love the good natured ribbing that goes on in here. Laughing is a great way to start or end a day.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

I think we are under assault by the Fuzzy Purple Butterfly Brigage.

:oww: ;);):P

Why don't no one like us??? :down:

Oh well..... :tongue: :)

Guest Called
I think we are under assault by the Fuzzy Purple Butterfly Brigage.

:oww: ;);):D

Why don't no one like us??? :down:

Oh well..... :tongue: :)

I like you even though you are a purple and therefore must be destroyed by the blues... :P:D

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I can't say that I am here enough or read enough of the posts to get the feel of "change". But I do know there are a lot of people who post here and the topics get into multiple pages really quickly. It is sometimes a bit hard to follow simply due to the large volume! I enjoy reading the discussions, even the 'heated' ones. I read a lot of the posts that I do not reply to simply because I don't have a question or don't know enough about the subject to really discuss it, or feel someone else has already written basically what I would say so if I were to add a comment it would be redundant. I would be disappointed if I could not read the posts in "controversy" forum but I can see the reason. Seems like a good idea to solve people just dropping in to start trouble.

For all that there may be some problems to deal with at this site, it remains a wonderful resource to the Christian community on the web, and for others who are seeking.

edited to say I note I do have over 250 posts! Or at least I think that is what the number out to the side means....