IGNORED

Does God Use Pain....?

Marilyn777

Guest kitkat

I have examined my heart and reviewed what i said in all my posts here and I don't feel that I am in error for anything I said.

I posted the experience that I had about how my Mother's death and the pain it caused me, drew me closer to God. Eric replied to me and I didn't take offense to what he had to say in his first post back to me, however I posted back to him to clarify what I meant in my post, if I didn't make myself clear and I feel that that both responses he gave me were calm, civil and polite.

I stand by what I said in my other post as well. I don't want to see anyone leave the board over a heated argument, whether they are a new member or have been a member for quite some time.

As far as apologies go, I don't feel I have anything to apologize for. My post to tess in the CIAO thread was genuine and I want her to stay and not let a heated debate cause her to leave. It should be no surprise to anybody here that I would post to tess and try to console her, knowing she was upset and saying she was leaving. I think most who know me here, know that I am a supportive person and that I try to encourage those that need encouragement. I don't regret making that post to her at all and I hope she reads it and knows how much we all love her and need her here. At the same time, it should be no surprise to anybody that I would encourage eric to stay, because I don't want to see eric leave either. He's a long-time member and it isn't anything new that sometimes threads become heated and someone may say something or do something and then someone winds up getting their feelings hurt over it. It happens all the time on here.

If someone is in the wrong, I think it's best to leave it in the hands of the Lord to take care of and deal with.

Love in Christ,

Kat

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shadow2b
- And to the pie throwers this was really not the right time for that, forgiveness should of been the first priority and then the levity. Some people are still hurting and that needs to be corrected first. The pie throwing in this situation was in poor taste, I know you were trying to lighten the mood, but first things first. And thank you to the mods for not pulling it yet. We need to do some soul searching first.

-pie.jpgpie.jpg

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Brothers/Sisters........

I just spent the last 1 1/2 hrs taking my time slowly reading through this entire thread.

My final conclusion? 

Saints.....we need to be ashame of ourselves.  There were saints pointing fingers at one another, saints speaking down to one another, rudeness, disrespect, etc, etc, etc.

The topic is a great choice for discussion (when we allow the HOLY SPIRIT to lead).  I understood Marilyn's disgust.  She was only trying to choose a topic to stimulate good wholesome discussion.  It NEVER should have gone beneath that!

Now.....I am NOT going to sit here and point out who was at fault.  Deep within our individual hearts YOU KNOW if you were, and this is something YOU will have to deal with,  WITH our FATHER (1 John 1:9).  So I'm not going to call out individuals, nor am I going to close this thread for now.  I find it rather interesting that the topic of this thread  is EXACTLY what we have caused here.......PAIN.

We lost clear and concise COMMUNICATION with one another on this thread, and it turned real ugly, real fast.  The sad part is it hurts every Christian on this Board when we act this way folks.  We're ONE BODY of BELIEVERS headed by our LORD/SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST.  If I was unsaved and "lurking" trying to see what the Christian faith is truly all about, and I happened upon this thread, what might I think? 

Would I find the kind of "spiritual fruit" I'd love to taste/eat?  Would I find the kind of love our FATHER wants YOU and I to display outwardly from an inner growth?          (1 Corinthians 13)

Would I want what YOU have by reading this thread?? (John 13:34-35...Romans 12:9-10....1 John 2:10; 3:18....Colossians 3:12-13).

No Saints.....I'm not going to let any of us off that easy this time.  I'm NOT going to close this thread.  Instead, I'm going to ask each of YOU reading this who partook in it to EXAMINE YOURSELF.  Reread this ENTIRE thread over again, but prior to doing so ask our LORD to truly (and I do mean truly) open YOUR spiritual eyes, mind and heart as you read through each and every posts. 

Then...act upon what ever our FATHER places within your heart.  It is YOU who has a personal relationship with HIM.  This is HIS Board........deal with it.

Concerning those who wish to leave the Board.....that is a choice which has to be made between YOU and the LORD.  I WOULD NOT want to see any of you go, but that is a CHOICE you have to make.  Sometimes it helps to take some time off to collect your thoughts.  However, WHATEVER the choice is that you make I would ask that you do so prayerfully, and NOT impulsively.  Heated discussions/debates have a tendency to cause emotions to oftentimes cloud one's thinking, and cause actions he/she may later regret.

GOD didn't have to cause any pain here.......we did!  The fact HE allowed it should make us all do some individual soul searching.  What we may not know about one another HE already does. 

Again, I am asking my fellow MODS NOT to close this thread.  Under the guidance of the HOLY SPIRIT, let's (as a family) work our way out of this mess! :t2:

Good words WISDOM. :P When I left the board last night I thought this issue was settling down, when it looks like it was only heating up.

Mat 5:9 Blessed [are] the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Where were the peacemakers in this case? Instead of backing off and laying down your weapons (tongues) you continued to try to prove your points. Now, whether or not your point was right or wrong is mostly irrelevant now. Who wins if you can prove your position was correct only to trample on a family member in the process? And if you were offended, are you to throw your own rocks because you're justified? What did Jesus do when he was mocked? Or beaten? Did He say, "But Father, they offended me." NO. He asked for forgiveness for them. And what of Job's friends, the ones that said all kind of incorrect things about him. God told Job to ask for forgiveness FOR THEM.

I think it's time to go into our own prayer closets and ask forgiveness of our Father. Whether we participated in this mess or watched it happen, we should be in mourning that the Body of Christ is so wounded. Whether you realize it or not, we are all part of a larger body, and when part of a body is damaged, the whole suffers.

Jhn 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Lay down his life? hmmm... can we lay down our pride? Our arrogance? Our opinions? Our self? If we are offended, does this scripture still count, or is it null and void?

1 Corinthians 6

When you have something against another Christian, why do you file a lawsuit and ask a secular court to decide the matter, instead of taking it to other Christians to decide who is right? 2 Don't you know that someday we Christians are going to judge the world? And since you are going to judge the world, can't you decide these little things among yourselves? 3 Don't you realize that we Christians will judge angels? So you should surely be able to resolve ordinary disagreements here on earth. 4 If you have legal disputes about such matters, why do you go to outside judges who are not respected by the church? 5 I am saying this to shame you. Isn't there anyone in all the church who is wise enough to decide these arguments? 6 But instead, one Christian* sues another-right in front of unbelievers!7 To have such lawsuits at all is a real defeat for you. Why not just accept the injustice and leave it at that? Why not let yourselves be cheated? 8 But instead, you yourselves are the ones who do wrong and cheat even your own Christian brothers and sisters.*

If a lawsuit is to be handled this way, what of disagreements?

People, you are held to higher standards because you are a child of God. Think on this.

Guest LCPGUY
- And to the pie throwers this was really not the right time for that, forgiveness should of been the first priority and then the levity. Some people are still hurting and that needs to be corrected first. The pie throwing in this situation was in poor taste, I know you were trying to lighten the mood, but first things first. And thank you to the mods for not pulling it yet. We need to do some soul searching first.

-pie.jpgpie.jpg

Gary, my dearest Bro... Sheesh, dude, that last pie(s) of yours were uncalled for Bro. Marilyn made a very valid point. She is trying to promote healing, and I applaud her for that and I stand with her. This is not the time for levity. It is a time for prayer, reflection, confession and forgiveness. Pleeeeeease Bro, this is neither the time nor place for pie tossing.

Sorry if I offended you Bro, but you NEED to hear this. This was not an issue of doctrine, false or true. Rather it was personal between members of the body. Some were hurt very deeply. All involved need to do as WISDOM suggested. It is not a funny or light thing when members of the body are personally hurt and hurt other members, especially over non-essential issues.

I pray that the love, grace and mercy of the Lord touch all hearts that were involved in this matter.

In His Love,

Bro John

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  684
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you Wisdom, Marilyn and Traveller for your words that are genuine and true. I don't know how you guys do it but you have a way of correcting people without offending them - amazing!

I would like to apologize for my part in this. I was short with Eric when I said "bye". Of course I don't want him to leave nor do I wish anyone else to leave. I don't know anything about Eric or his history - I was going by this thread only. Anyway, I shouldn't have been so short with him and I apologize to those I've upset like Calamity and I'm not sure who else. (trying not to go through this whole thread again :sweating: )

My prayer is that the Lord moves within the hearts of others involved to confess to Him and to others.

:hug: to everyone

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  187
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  678
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  05/23/1959

-pie.jpgpie.jpg

Gary, my dearest Bro... Sheesh, dude, that last pie(s) of yours were uncalled for Bro. Marilyn made a very valid point. She is trying to promote healing, and I applaud her for that and I stand with her. This is not the time for levity. It is a time for prayer, reflection, confession and forgiveness. Pleeeeeease Bro, this is neither the time nor place for pie tossing.

Sorry if I offended you Bro, but you NEED to hear this. This was not an issue of doctrine, false or true. Rather it was personal between members of the body. Some were hurt very deeply. All involved need to do as WISDOM suggested. It is not a funny or light thing when members of the body are personally hurt and hurt other members, especially over non-essential issues.

I pray that the love, grace and mercy of the Lord touch all hearts that were involved in this matter.

In His Love,

Bro John

Thanks John another voice of reason from out of the wilderness. :t2: I choose not to respond to Gary I'll let God do that. I just hope that some of you new people to Worthy will not read through this topic and get the wrong impression of us here, we are not always this callous to our brothers and sister's in Christ. It can happen when we let self take over our mouth instead of listening to His voice. And I am just as guilty because I let my anger take over for awhile and for that I deeply apologize to anyone that was offended by what I said. We should always try and look at the big picture instead of how it effects us. There are always other people watching and evaluating our every move, not just God but new Christians and those seeking to understand what the Christian life is all about. Thank you to those who took the high road and backed off, that was really the only way to go. That shows maturity in your walk with the Lord and letting Him take over, not self.

From the Song: Only A God Like You - By Tommy Walker

Only A God like You, could be worthy of my praise

And all my hope and faith, To only a King of all kings

Do I bow my knee and sing, Give my everything

Only a God like You, Could be worthy of my praise

All my hope and faith, To only a King of all kings

Do I bow my knee and sing. Give my everything

To only my Maker, my Father, my Saviour,

Redeemer, Restorer, Rebuilder, Rewarder

To only a God like You----DO I GIVE MY PRAISE

Our God Reigns!!

Marilyn

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  92
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

wow, that's many a pie wasted....but sure was funny looking at the pic.s!!!

(ducking....missed me!!!) :oww:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Don't worry about defending me..it isn't worth it. I'm not going to be posting here anymore anyway. No message board (especially a christian one) should leave a person in tears. I'm done. Ciao.

We have a saying in Australia:

There is no use closing the gate when the horse has already bolted.

Yes very fine words WISDOM and DR LUKE gate well closed.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  179
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

:rofl:

Seems to me bad things happen to lots of people no matter what they believe...

Ive had some bad things happen myself and.. honestly, I really dont care who or what caused it, why or how.. it happened, its over. Id rather move on than analize it...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest idied2
Replying to Does God Use Pain....?

Luke 13

2 And Jesus answered and said to them, "Do you suppose that these Galileans were worse sinners than all other Galileans, because they suffered such things?

3 I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.

De 32:39 -

'Now see that I, even I, am He, And there is no God besides Me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; Nor is there any who can deliver from My hand.

In CHRIST JESUS :hug: :hug: :hug: