IGNORED

Does God Use Pain....?

Marilyn777

Guest Calamity

I had just started reading on this thread when this happened. I am sorry for Tess and sincerely hope she doesn't leave. But, being flippant to eric about saying Bye and/or Later, doesn't make it right. That was a hard-hearted response that could have been left off completely, or else talked to him about why, or something. Not just "bye". It's disrespectful, cold and not a way to treat anyone. Even if you believe he did wrong, doing wrong back to him isn't right. I'm done with this now.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21
  • Days Won:  0

I had just started reading on this thread when this happened. I am sorry for Tess and sincerely hope she doesn't leave. But, being flippant to eric about saying Bye and/or Later, doesn't make it right. That was a hard-hearted response that could have been left off completely, or else talked to him about why, or something. Not just "bye". It's disrespectful, cold and not a way to treat anyone. Even if you believe he did wrong, doing wrong back to him isn't right. I'm done with this now.

I would take your words with more sincerity had you also used the same ammount of to keep Eric accountable. I agree, saying "later" wasn't a wise thing to do. At the same time, I must ask again, where were you earlier in this thread? Does it not bother you that more controversy has been created over how two people said "goodbye" than over how a man made a 15 year old girl cry? Do you not see the backwardness of this?

• Topic Count:  120
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

I am not going to encourage him to stay or leave. It is his choice. That has (and always has been) my viewpoint with people. It is their choice. If they come back, I am happy. If not, I move on. I feel it is not my place to try to encourage or discourage someone from making a decision unless they happen to be an extremely close friend.

My position stands, that is a difference of opinion here...

It doesn't make it any less wrong. I would hope from that expirience you would seek to change the way people are handled. We have a sister in the Lord who was hurt by the topic and cried because of it, we our advice is to "Suck it up" and "turn the other cheek"?

She and I both do. That is why my first post was to ask tess to stay and my second post was to question Eric's position...as far as "turn the other cheek" I can't speak for called, but I assume she was talking to Eric...

Christ would not have the attitude of "I am not going to encourage him to stay or leave. It is his choice. "

You might want to consider that viewpoint.... :)

Christ would not have the attitude of "I am not going to encourage him to stay or leave. It is his choice. "

You might want to consider that viewpoint.... 

Prodigal son :)

Biblically I know it is not the proper viewpoint and it is something I will seek to change.

In case it was missed:

Does it not bother you that more controversy has been created over how two people said "goodbye" than over how a man made a 15 year old girl cry? Do you not see the backwardness of this?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Has anyone here died to themselves? It is required for speaking a Truth.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Topic Count:  120
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

Of course it bothers me, I think Eric and I would have had a discussion on that if I had seen it sooner... :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Hi everyone,

I have not read the entire thread here, but Ive read the last few pages, and seen the hurts here. I am deeply saddened at how the body has been hurt.

It only takes a few posters to make a difference, for good and for bad. (This is not to say newbies are bad......so many can contribute so much to us.) If you feel that things are degrading, then please stay and help build the body back up. Leaving may make you feel good, but it doesnt help the rest of us here. Lets all concentrate our efforts to making our posts in love, with firmness to His truth, with compassion to others. Lets squelch our ego, our personal desires to be proved right or knowledgable in posting, and put the emphasis on our Lord. He desires we love one another. For those who feel the need to leave, please reconsider. There is also an ignore feature on this board.....er.....I think......Ive never actually used ignore.

Please dont leave, Tess, Eric, Calamity, anyone else. Stay please.

(Frustrated by thunderstorm...I will have to add more later when I can come back online.)

Guest Calamity

Jade, as for me, I just need a break I think. I can't really contribute anything positive right now. It's almost a task now to try and post or reply, not a joy anymore. I am not angry or anything, just need a break.