• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,478
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/11/1972

" God does this, God does that"..... well, there goes the "Free Will" theory!

It's amazing how people are able to fabricate a God that reflects themselves instead of accepting responsibility for what happens in their life.

Do any of you believe that you reap whatever you sow? Do you think that every cause has an effect? That whatever you do today will bring you consequences tomorrow that you will have to deal with? That whatever a man thinks, he also becomes?

The church has caused great confusion by teaching the doctrine of divine providence, that God is sovereign and everything is just part of one big master plan, and you and I are living out a pre-written script. But then, they turn right around and insist that we also have free will!

Well folks, if God is sovereign he has alot of explaining (and apologizing) to do. But the fact is, God cannot be sovereign if we have free will. To claim so, would be saying that God is responsible for every sin ever committed, because it was all planned. Yes, if God is sovereign, then every abortion that takes place is the will of God and you should praise the abortion doctor instead of attacking him, because God obviously did not want that fetus to be born.

And what is this about God using pain to teach us? What an awful thought! Oh, I know, we often hear preachers at funerals, claiming that God has called his loved one home, even though the loved one may have just died of a horrible long suffering desease such as cancer, AIDS, or some other painful illness.

Is this your concept of God? Well, personally, I trust God to lead me around adversity, NOT into it. And if I have problems, it is because I wasn't listening, not because God wanted me to suffer, for what whatever reason. If God is everywhere at all times, then grace must also be everywhere at all times. And by the way, Grace means blessings. So if I am not being blessed every second of every day, then it is because I am not in communion with God, not because God is not talking to me.

However, in the Christian society, we have learned to use God as a scapegoat. I've actually heard people say that God always answers prayers, but sometimes his answer is no. Huh? Jesus said that whatever we ask for in prayer, believe we have already received it and it will be ours. Ok, so how am I supposed to believe I have already received something, if I also believe that sometimes God says no?

There is no pain, suffering or poverty in the kingdom of God, and if you are experiencing these things, you are not experiencing God. Oh, I know that this compromises our standing in the church. How would it look if brother or sister so-and-so is experiencing adversity? Instead of admitting they are not in harmony with God, it is much easier to claim that it is God's will that they suffer. That way, they can keep their saintly status.

:) Not sure I like where this is going..... :suspect:

There is no pain, suffering or poverty in the kingdom of God, and if you are experiencing these things, you are not experiencing God.

Really ? How about this then -

Hebrews 12:1-13

1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.

2 Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

3 Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

4 In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood.

5 And you have forgotten that word of encouragement that addresses you as sons: "My son, do not make light of the Lord's discipline, and do not lose heart when he rebukes you,

6 because the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes everyone he accepts as a son."

7 Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father?

8 If you are not disciplined (and everyone undergoes discipline), then you are illegitimate children and not true sons.

9 Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of our spirits and live!

10 Our fathers disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, that we may share in his holiness.

11 No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

12 Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees.

13 "Make level paths for your feet," so that the lame may not be disabled, but rather healed.

Seems to me that refutes everything you just said....and I didn't have say a word....I love quoting scripture :P God's so smart :il:

God bless,

Bob

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  557
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  09/21/1976

Do any of you believe that you reap whatever you sow? Do you think that every cause has an effect? That whatever you do today will bring you consequences tomorrow that you will have to deal with? That whatever a man thinks, he also becomes?

Truly I believe that, but so many people do not understand true blessing, and do not understand God makes people do different things, now yes, let us sow to righteousness, so that we can reap more. God is not unjust to forget our works of righteousness, when we believe in Jesus Christ, we receive Him, and He gives us power to become Sons of God. When we are born again, we are born in the womb, but when we come out of the womb then we are totally born again, and God will help us in everyway to do His Will, because we are in His total will, but when we are not in His total will, it is God's choice, He can allow satan to do evil against us, or have mercy upon us, and bring us unto Him, so we would do things which are correct, so we would be sowing to The Holy Spirit, and getting more of The Holy Spirit inside of us. Even if we are perfected, and walk as Jesus Christ our Lord, and God, we are still blessed because God has had mercy upon us, and does continually, we rely upon God's Mercy totally. God bless us all in Jesus Christ Name, the name which is above every thought, and name.

• Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,478
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  04/11/1972

Thanks guys ! You just explained why your prayer lists are so long. Excuses excuses.

"Look at me, I am so righteous. It must be God's will when I suffer, cuz I am so righteous it couldn't be my lack of faith. It's gotta be God"

And to the bible quoters above....if you know God as well as you profess to, why do you need to quote what somebody else wrote?

You alright ? ;) Seem kinda angry about something....PM me if ya want - we can talk....ok ?

God bless,

Bob

• 14 years later...

• Group:  Members *
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  341
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

On 8/13/2004 at 6:19 AM, Orr v'emet said:

I agree whole-heartedly, Tess. The breaking point is where He wants us.

Littleladyinblack, you know we care about you here. Let me tell you that happiness is fleeting. It comes and goes with life's ups and downs. The awesome thing is though that God can give you a peace that passes all understanding. You can be going through your most difficult time in life and have a peace and joy from God that can't be explained. I have shared with you privately and I will say again that God loves us all so much and desires everyone to accept Him. What holds you back? God can fill in all the empty holes and fill you with Himself. All you have to do is let Him. Let Him fill you with His love and joy. Then you will understand why we all have the hope that we have and why our perspectives are different from the world. God Bless you! :hug:

why would happiness be fleeting, doesn't God want us to be happy of coarse he does and i am happy everyday because of him