• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.22
  • Content Count:  4,274
  • Content Per Day:  4.70
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Maybe you guys would prefer this administration do nothing then....

We'd prefer him do what is effective.

What do you think of a doctor who administers a band-aid where stitches are needed?

What do you think of a doctor who is MIA completely? For years?

I would think that he is no longer president - I mean doctor.

True, he's not. He's not President anymore but it's not even just about him (meaning GWB, it's ALL of them. Congress doesn't want to control the border, our last four Presidents didn't want to control it either. They won't do it unless they are forced.

And I totally agree. All they care about is the Hispanic vote.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LadyC

axxman, i don't know about you, but i think if i was a member of the military and they sent me down to the border to push a pencil while illegals crossed over carrying drugs and ammo, i'd be a mite bit angry.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

axxman, i don't know about you, but i think if i was a member of the military and they sent me down to the border to push a pencil while illegals crossed over carrying drugs and ammo, i'd be a mite bit angry.

Yeah...especially since most of the troops will be from the border states and they know exactly the issues surrounding the crisis. I'm sure they will do everything in their power to assist and process the information they are given...but its still a far cry from the necessary response that is needed.

Just last year 6,000 people were killed and that violence spills over the border (23,000 have died in the 4 years of Calderon's presidency.) We don't need 1500 officer workers, thats for sure.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.06
  • Days Won:  78

Maybe you guys would prefer this administration do nothing then....you know, much like President Bush did. Those that hate this President find fault with everything he does. Why not find fault with real problems. How many of you say he doesn't listen to the people? Now, apparently, he's hearing the people but sending troops there just isn't enough. I don't get what's happening in this country, but I don't like it. :laugh:

C'mon MG...I know you like to be an equal opportunity hater ( :emot-hug: )...but Prez. Bush tried like crazy to stop illegal immigration.

Pres. Bush doubled the number of Border Patrol agents during his presidency...from 10,000 to 20,000. He agressively tried to pass immigration reform that would have built a wall and security perimeters all along the 2000 mile border...which would have actual gone a long ways to reducing illegal immigration. Unfortunately the RINO's stopped him. Most of the so-called conservatives on these forums were against him in his efforts too. Pres. Bush sent 6000 US troops to the border!

The administrations own words tell how insignificant these 1500 troops will be. They will take a "backseat role." They will be working in "back offices" and "processing information." Thats sounds like a far cry from what President Bush accomplished when he sent his 6000 soldiers to the border. They arrested 176,000 illegals in 2 years! Over 300,000 lbs of pot was seized! Almost 30,000 hours of aerial patrols and assistance. Obama's 1500 "back office processors" is a joke in comparison!

President Bush didn't really want to stop the influx of illegals any more than Obama does. Let's consider the facts; illegal infiltration doubled during Bush's eight years. Cross border crime went unabated. It's the same thing now; and Congress is right there fighting every attempt to rein in the flood of 'immigrants'. If you believe one party, or the other, will confront this problem....you're dreaming. They don't WANT to stop the flow of cheap labor and new voters. And yes, illegals ARE voting.

Meaning they will basically do nothing to stop the problem. :laugh::emot-hug:

No matter what Obama proposes, it has always been the opposite of solving a problem. He is quite predictable in that way.

Why do you think he doesn't want to solve problems?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.17
  • Days Won:  58

It keeps him in power. Lets not forget that martial law thing hanging in the background.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Days Won:  19

Meaning they will basically do nothing to stop the problem. :laugh::laugh:

No matter what Obama proposes, it has always been the opposite of solving a problem. He is quite predictable in that way.

I really question the veracity of anything a President does who is responsible for a quadrupling of the national Debt in less than 1 1/2 years. We are spending 90% of GDP this coming year. That is unsustainable and if you think there's a mindset to cut spending while his party is on the single largest spending spree in the Nations history, I really don't know what else to say. No one is that stupid. Jimmy Carter may have truly been close, but no one is that stupid. I honestly believe the man wants to fundamentally change the U.S. :blink:

This is way beyond Politics as usual.

It's what he campaigned on. :emot-hug:

Left with this factual evidence he is either really stupid or he is doing this on purpose. Which one do you think it is at this point? :wub:

I know he's not stupid. :thumbsup:

Meaning they will basically do nothing to stop the problem. :57_57::laugh:

I really question the veracity of anything a President does who is responsible for a quadrupling of the national Debt in less than 1 1/2 years. We are spending 90% of GDP this coming year. That is unsustainable and if you think there's a mindset to cut spending while his party is on the single largest spending spree in the Nations history, I really don't know what else to say. No one is that stupid. Jimmy Carter may have truly been close, but no one is that stupid. I honestly believe the man wants to fundamentally change the U.S. :blink:

This is way beyond Politics as usual.

It's what he campaigned on. :rolleyes:

Left with this factual evidence he is either really stupid or he is doing this on purpose. Which one do you think it is at this point? :vader:

I know he's not stupid. :laugh:

No, he's not stupid. But not trying to solve problems will not get him reelected. It seems to be counter to the way politicians do things.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

President Bush didn't really want to stop the influx of illegals any more than Obama does. Let's consider the facts; illegal infiltration doubled during Bush's eight years. Cross border crime went unabated. It's the same thing now; and Congress is right there fighting every attempt to rein in the flood of 'immigrants'. If you believe one party, or the other, will confront this problem....you're dreaming. They don't WANT to stop the flow of cheap labor and new voters. And yes, illegals ARE voting.

I think thats crazy talk...lol. Yeah, the first few years of Bush's Presidency saw a rise in illegal border crossings and less deportations...lets not forget that he was slightly distracted by the act of war against America. But to say he didn't do anything, or to remotely compare him to Obama...thats just silly. He wanted to build a wall, with a secure perimeter, along a 2000 mile stretch of the US border. He doubled the amount of agents patrolling the border. Bush was criticized for "militarizing" the border with his Operation Jump Start that was wildly successful in almost every area. How can you say that he didn't want to stop them? He did alot, he tried to do more, and was stopped. He did more than Obama would ever consider.