• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,790
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  223
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

I have a problem I don't have any religion and I want to choose between christianity and islam. Islam has a book that hasn't changed by any one for more than 1400 years but christianity has been changed by priests does this mean that God has chosen islam for everyone over the world?

Welcome and I am so glad that you are seeking but " chosing a religeon" isnt like chosing a pair of shoes ...they only last a season your FAITH will last ( or should ) for eternity.

Try reading both the Bible and the koran .... do you think that God who loved the world He created so much that He fashioned people in His image to live here would really want to see such anger and murder that the koran demands ? I admit that I am not an expert but from what I have read if you follow the teachings from the koran then you are little more than a slave if you are a man and worthless if you are a woman whilst the bible shows the love of God ....He loves us so much that He wants only the best for us to the extent that He allowed His only son to die for OUR sins ....WOW

PRAY and ask God to open your heart and your mind :emot-pray::emot-pray::emot-pray::emot-pray:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

I have a problem I don't have any religion and I want to choose between christianity and islam. Islam has a book that hasn't changed by any one for more than 1400 years but christianity has been changed by priests does this mean that God has chosen islam for everyone over the world?

You must be joking, or have been hiding somewhere....why do you think Salman Rusdie remains in hiding with a Fatwa still out on him....because he dared mention a passage that promoted Polytheism by the so-called prophet Mohammed. Dig a little deeper and you will find there have been numerous revisions to the Qu'ran. Don't believe all the Islamic propaganda that claims their Holy Book is untainted....find out for yourself the truth of the matter.

The minute changes that have taken place in the Jewish Scriptures are mostly concerning grammatical and linguistic error in translation...no priest has the authority to just change Scripture because he wants to.....and apart from slight differences in word order and sentence structure, I can't recall any drastic changes that contradict any passage.

I like the picture of the three kids...are they yours?

Kindly. Botz

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Try this. Pray to Jesus. tell Him that you want to know Him. Ask Him for forgiveness of your sins. Tell Him you are knocking and ask Him to open the door to you. Tell Him you accept Him as your God and Saviour:-

Mat 7:7 "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

Mat 7:8 For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened.

Then if you really must, pray to Allah and ask him to accept you as a believer.

Then wait. Then when the one and only, the Alpha and Omega, has answered, post here again and tell us of your experience.

I already know the answer if you are sincere in your seeking.....

Islam may have a book, but the bible is the living, breathing, inspired Word of God - every Word.

Blessings

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/18/1994

Is there a right and wrong way to publically pray? Should it be a structured outline or straight from the hip? I know that we are taught to model our prayers after The Lord's Prayer, but just repeating that prayer would seem unoriginal. Why is it some people can get up there and just pray and pray and pray,and folks like me just stammer and hunt for what to say? I want to get better at public prayer so people won't snicker at me when I pray.

I use to be a lot like this, and I always thought that because I cant publically pray, I would be judged

But by who, God?? No.

Who cares if other people look at us weird, and laugh at us, or anything when we pray.

It is a prayer to our Lord, and He wont judge us over what we say.

speak from your heart, being open to understanding and knowledge of the Lord, and let His holy Spirit lead you in prayer.

My church is strong in Baptisim in the Spirit, and being baptisied in the spirit allows you to speak in tounges! Not sure if you know what that is or not??

But speaking in tounges in Gods language, and its when His spirit speaks through you, like, we dont understand it, but God does.

I pray that the Lord would baptise you in His spirit, that you would rejoice in His ways and allow His spirit to speak through you and lead you in prayer, that you would step out in awe of Him and declare His love over all nations, and pray from your heart with peace

Bless you

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Is there a right and wrong way to publically pray? Should it be a structured outline or straight from the hip? I know that we are taught to model our prayers after The Lord's Prayer, but just repeating that prayer would seem unoriginal. Why is it some people can get up there and just pray and pray and pray,and folks like me just stammer and hunt for what to say? I want to get better at public prayer so people won't snicker at me when I pray.

I use to be a lot like this, and I always thought that because I cant publically pray, I would be judged

But by who, God?? No.

Who cares if other people look at us weird, and laugh at us, or anything when we pray.

It is a prayer to our Lord, and He wont judge us over what we say.

speak from your heart, being open to understanding and knowledge of the Lord, and let His holy Spirit lead you in prayer.

My church is strong in Baptisim in the Spirit, and being baptisied in the spirit allows you to speak in tounges! Not sure if you know what that is or not??

But speaking in tounges in Gods language, and its when His spirit speaks through you, like, we dont understand it, but God does.

I pray that the Lord would baptise you in His spirit, that you would rejoice in His ways and allow His spirit to speak through you and lead you in prayer, that you would step out in awe of Him and declare His love over all nations, and pray from your heart with peace

Bless you

I remember my first public prayer many years ago, when asked by the minister to give the opening prayer before services. I was a little nervous when asked but was keen to speak to God on behalf of those present on that day. From memory, because I said it quite often it went something like this.

Heavenly Father, I come before you in Jesus Holy Name to ask you first of all to forgive us all here in your presence this day all of our sins. We know we are sinners and we all deserve nothing more than eternal damnation, but thanks to you, our saviour Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit, we know we are saved by His precious shed blood. We know your beloved Son, Jesus, willingly and freely suffered to be brutally murdered by the likes of us because of all our sins. Thank you Father for allowing your beloved Son to be taken away from you, to be made sin for us, and although innocent of all sin allow Him to undergo such an horrific painfull death on our behalf. Three days and three nights you had to turn away from Him untill you finally said, "Enough," and raised Him from the dead. He now sits at your right hand as Lord of Lords, and King of Kings, all power is given unto Him and a name is given unto Him far above all other Names! and every knee shall bow before Him eternally.

Thank you for forgiving us all our sins. Thank you for hearing our daily prayes, and thank you Father for answering our prayers. In Jesus Holy Name, Amen.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  258
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I've seen a couple of replies that I quite agree with.

I gotta say, if you are concerned about people snickering, then I suspect you are praying to people.

I say that with empathy because it is something that I struggle with when I pray publicly.

So often our public prayer contains a component that is intended to bring others closer to God, and thats good.

Where it becomes a problem is when that, rather than our approach to God becomes the focus , because then the fear of not impressing people with our eloquence settles in and we become focused on that. We then become, self - centered, rather than God centered.

Check out John 16:26, you should look at that in the context of the surrounding verses and other scripture that says to..' ask in Jesus name'. What is Jesus saying about our prayer and whats behind it? How does it fit in with us "signing off"..."in Jesus name".

I say this because I see a lot of things in prayer that we do because we think that its the "proper "way to pray and we aren't thinking of the important reason of why we are praying.

Personally I feel blessed that I am nervous about public prayer. When I am, I'm concerned about my motivation and if I would be honoring God when I speak.

Blessings,

mike2

Hi Alaandme,

Jesus said "No one comes to me unless the father draws him" (John 6:44)

God does this in many ways and more often than not very gently. He also said that if we move towards Him he will move towards us (James 4:7 -8.)

I think God is drawing you, it is evident you are moving toward Him and I believe that as long as you do He will make Himself better known to you.

In your quest may I suggest to you that you look at what Christianity and Islam tell you to do in order for you to come into the presence of a perfect God.

Keeping in mind that perfection cannot be tainted.

Christianity is the only faith that I know of that states 'it is not by our works that we get to God'.

As you seek God may I suggest you keep that in mind and consider a logical explanation of why that is so.

You can start in Genesis with Adam and Eve. Its not what they did that got them into the garden, its what they did that got them...

How do you (or any man) relate to that story.

If you think I may be of any help in your journey feel free to e-mail me privately.

May you feel Gods thoughts ( his Holy Spirit) working in your life as you seek Him out.

mike2