IGNORED

The Book of Life

Guest agua

What does it mean to have one's name blotted out of the book of life?

Revelation 20

15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

Ok, but how does this explain what the Book of Life is and what it means that names are blotted out?

I suppose it defines the Book as a book of the living. If ones name is found in that book, they will never suffer death. If ones name is blotted out from it's pages, that individual is basically banned from ever entering the Kingdom of Heaven. Eternal death in the Lake of Fire.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Rev 3:5 KJVA) He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

(Rev 22:19 KJVA) And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Do these scriptures mean a believer can lose salvation?

Now I'm gonna stir the pot. :thumbsup:

I don't think ones salvation is determined until the day we stand before the Lord.

Unless of course one is alive and caught up to meet the Lord in the air upon His coming.

Mate..every saint will be with the Lord in the air.The living and the risen.How does this fit into not knowing we are saved until we stand before the lord?

You have a point, but let's look at this.

Colossians 2

4 Now this I say lest anyone should deceive you with persuasive words.

5 For though I am absent in the flesh, yet I am with you in spirit, rejoicing to see your good order and the steadfastness of your faith in Christ.

6 As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him,

7 rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, as you have been taught, abounding in it with thanksgiving.

8 Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ.

Paul is giving us a warning that there's a chance we could be deceived if we are not careful. If someone is deceived into believing something other than the Truth, would that individual know prior to Judgment Day?

Matthew 7

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,246
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

OK enoob?

How does this explain what the book of life is, and what it means that names are blotted out?

The Book of Life in its fullest definition it is Christ and like His body also there is a book (as we understand book) with the names of those who have been given life.

First our origin of concept:

BOOK OF LIFE

(cepher chayyim; he biblos tes zoes , "book of life"): The phrase is derived from the custom of the ancients of keeping genealogical records (Neh 7:5,64; 12:22-23) and of enrolling citizens for various purposes (Jer 22:30; Ezek 13:9). So God is represented as having a record of all who are under His special care and guardianship. To be blotted out of the Book of Life is to be cut off from God's favor, to suffer an untimely death, as when Moses pleads that he be blotted out of God's book-that he might die, rather than that Israel should be destroyed (Ex 32:32; Ps 69:28). In the New Testament it is the record of the righteous who are to inherit eternal life (Phil 4:3; Rev 3:5; 13:8; 17:8; 21:27). In the apocalyptic writings there is the conception of a book or of books, that are in God's keeping, and upon which the final judgment is to be based (Dan 7:10; 12:1; Rev 20:12,15; ). See APOCALYPSE ; BLOT ; BOOK OF REMEMBRANCE ; JUDGMENT, LAST .

(from International Standard Bible Encyclopaedia, Electronic Database Copyright

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

A year ago I would have said yes, but now I have to say no. I believe the names that are to be blotted out are blotted out on the day of Judgment.

Only the Lord knows and if we are bought by the blood and accept Jesus as our Savior our name will be in the Book never to be removed.

Do you think there might be people penciled in the Book, the names of the unbelievers will not be found.

Revelation 20

15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

Ok, but how does this explain what the Book of Life is and what it means that names are blotted out?

I suppose it defines the Book as a book of the living. If ones name is found in that book, they will never suffer death. If ones name is blotted out from it's pages, that individual is basically banned from ever entering the Kingdom of Heaven. Eternal death in the Lake of Fire.

That person blotted out was never a Christian to start with.

Revelation 20

That's true.

What is your view of this passage? Apparently they weren't christians either, but deep down in their hearts they thought they were. Do you think they believed their names would never be blotted out of The Book of Life?

Matthew 7

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,246
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Revelation 20

That's true.

What is your view of this passage? Apparently they weren't christians either, but deep down in their hearts they thought they were. Do you think they believed their names would never be blotted out of The Book of Life?

Matthew 7

21 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

22 Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'

23 And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'

I believe this mystery kept from our minds, for now, by the greatness of His truth which is hinted at here

Matt 13:11-13

11 He answered and said to them, "Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given. 12 For whoever has, to him more will be given, and he will have abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him.

NKJV

Love Steven

A year ago I would have said yes, but now I have to say no. I believe the names that are to be blotted out are blotted out on the day of Judgment.

Only the Lord knows and if we are bought by the blood and accept Jesus as our Savior our name will be in the Book never to be removed.

Do you think there might be people penciled in the Book, the names of the unbelievers will not be found.

What is your interpretation of this passage?

Romans 11

19 You will say then,

Revelation 20

That's true.

Matthew 7

21 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

22 Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'

23 And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'

I believe this mystery kept from our minds, for now, by the greatness of His truth which is hinted at here

Matt 13:11-13

11 He answered and said to them, "Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given. 12 For whoever has, to him more will be given, and he will have abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him.

NKJV

Love Steven

What mystery?

Revelation 20

That's true.

Matthew 7