• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

If Jesus is promising that He will not blot out the names of the overcomers, that can only mean that names are blotted out. Else what good is the promise?

Hmmm nebula.

I am for the first time trying to understand the "blot out" scripture so forgive me if I muddle my way around.

You say Jesus promising He will not blot out names=names will be blotted out?This is an assumption and not stated .

So possibly are you doing the same as what you claim I am?

If names are not blotted out ever, why say, "Your name won't be blotted out"?

What good is the promise if it wouldn't happen anyway?

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

That's it ,I'm done with this converstation.......before it out turn out in a argument and that's probably going to happen :wub:

Hey, I'm not trying to argue. :emot-handshake:

I'm trying to get to the meaning of this verse and this expression.

I don't go for the theologies of "Once Saved Always Saved" vs "Once Saved Not Always Saved"

I'm just seeing what Jesus said.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

If Jesus is promising that He will not blot out the names of the overcomers, that can only mean that names are blotted out. Else what good is the promise?

Hmmm nebula.

I am for the first time trying to understand the "blot out" scripture so forgive me if I muddle my way around.

You say Jesus promising He will not blot out names=names will be blotted out?This is an assumption and not stated .

So possibly are you doing the same as what you claim I am?

If names are not blotted out ever, why say, "Your name won't be blotted out"?

What good is the promise if it wouldn't happen anyway?

Perhaps for assurance. We know from Scripture that some names will not be added, and we know that some names will be added. Then perhaps for assurance Jesus is saying "I won't blot your name out." just as He said, "I will never leave you or forsake you."

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

That's it ,I'm done with this converstation.......before it out turn out in a argument and that's probably going to happen :)

Hey, I'm not trying to argue. :emot-handshake:

I'm trying to get to the meaning of this verse and this expression.

I don't go for the theologies of "Once Saved Always Saved" vs "Once Saved Not Always Saved"

I'm just seeing what Jesus said.

I know your don't want to arque,but somebody will.

If Jesus promised us eternal life to be with Him, who are we to question if He is going to keep His promise?

Why would Jesus go all the way to thew cross to die for us if He knows people might put Him on the cross over and over again... one day saved -other lost-next week saved again--do you know what I mean? That's why I said did Jesus pencil our name in the book of life :wub:

Nice colors.

:emot-handshake:

"he that overcomes" is not a condition of "I will not." See, you are presuming that the texts says, "he that does not overcome I will..." That simply is not in the text, nor is it the intention of the author to impart to the reader.

What happens if an individual does not overcome? The Lord says that he who overcomes will be clothed in white and their will not be blotted out. What happens if they don't overcome and are not clothed in white?

See, the problem with the OSNAS (Once Saved Not Always Saved)

I don't subscribe to that theology. I don't believe someone can be saved and unsaved repeatedly. It doesn't make sense and it cheatens the Word.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

I don't believe in OSAS. I believe in Perseverance. And I'm not a Calvinist.

Hebrews 3:12-14 MKJV

12 Take heed, brothers, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. 13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called today, lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. 14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end,

Can brothers depart? Yes they can. Are we partakers of Christ? Yes, IF we persevere.

I don't believe in OSAS. I believe in Perseverance. And I'm not a Calvinist.

What is the difference between OSAS and Perseverance besides the name? :emot-handshake:

I don't believe in the calvinist form of 'P' either, LOL. But the wiki article explains it well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perseverance_of_the_saints

I do believe we are 'saved, being saved, and will be saved' so which of these 'save' tenses do you apply to OSAS?

I don't subscribe to that theology. I don't believe someone can be saved and unsaved repeatedly. It doesn't make sense and it cheatens the Word.

I am moving more and more into the Calvanism camp. I don't believe in OSAS as most Baptist preach, but I can see a Biblical case for being chosen by God to be saved or lost.

I can see that, but I have to ask, would one know they are chosen prior to coming face to face with the Lord?

I don't think they would.

I guess so, although I am not 100% on what you mean by conditional security.

I think that the Lord helps us to endure and persevere and has placed the Holy Spirit within us as a seal.

Eph 4:30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you are sealed until the day of redemption.

2Co 1:22 And He has sealed us and having given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

Jud 1:24 Now to Him being able to keep you without stumbling, and to set you before His glory without blemish, with unspeakable joy;

I do not think He can lose us, or that we can be snatched out of His hand. But I do believe we can chose to harden our hearts and walk away and depart from the faith which saves us.

I am moving more and more into the Calvanism camp. I don't believe in OSAS as most Baptist preach, but I can see a Biblical case for being chosen by God to be saved or lost.

I can see that, but I have to ask, would one know they are chosen prior to coming face to face with the Lord?

I don't think they would.

They wouldn't.

We're in the same boat. :emot-handshake: