• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

The scripture Onelight has provided is a proof that the day MAY have been changed, it certainly is proof that the Seventh day no longer hold s its importance.

I have provided scriptures and proofs but they are being convieniently sidestepped or dismissed. As i have admitted there is no direct command but this is just the wisdom of God at work, and there is sufficient proofs for guilt if refused.

I did not use the car illustration as a proof, only an illustration and to think otherwise is just plain uncharitable.

I only point to Finney as a proof on the baisis that God used him to bring unparralled revival and influence accross America and the U.K when he visited there.

For you to refuse to take this into account or atleast go and read some of his works is beyond my understanding.

What is wrong in asking if anyone has sppecifically asked the Holy Spirit about this specific doctrine? I am not accusing anyone of not being saved or not having the Holy Spirit, but all here admit fallibility so have already admited to lacking in some areas why not this one?

I am not attacking anyones character, are we here to find truth or just defend our beliefs? please dont read into my posts things that are not intended and if unsure love gives the benefit of doubt, assuming the best untill it is beyond doubt that malice is present.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the eyes of some, the day of the Sabbath is a doubtful thing.

We'll have to disagree on this one statement then.

The way a greco-roman gentile should observe the Sabbath might be a doubtful thing...but the word "sabbath" means 7 so there is no doubt that the 7th day is the Sabbath.

It's just intellectually dishonest for anyone to say otherwise.

Yod i have stated that Sabbath means a seventh part of and used the example of other seventh parts of time being called holy Sabbaths as proof, but you have not refuted or answered this. Can you prove that Sabbath means 7, you have previouusly stated that the days are only known as 1,2,3...7 to name one of them Sabbath is a contradiction is it not?

. Have you asked the Holy Spirit to confirm or correct you ?

That question alone is an insult. You think we do not pray or study? Are you the one who has been led to the truth by the Holy Spirit . . . away from what is written?

So much for making all nice earlier.

Men unaided by the Holy Spirit never do come to the truth, and this is what Jesus said of the Pharissee`s.

Yet you have made it your boast that one of your greatest aides has been Finney. Where has Yod leaned on a mere man for confirmation on what is written? Yet in your arrogance you stand on what isn't even written . . . because of a man.

The Jews rejected further light and did not have any prophet for 400 yrs before Christ, it is sin to reject light that God has provided. Dont get me wrong im not saying you are sinning or do sin by rejecting Finney.Have you honestly laid the question before the LORD with no conditions asking Him to correct you if your wrong?

I was asked the same thing by JCISGD but also got what was bolded above. It is a shame when the words of men are taking above the words of G-d. I did ask and will ask again, how could I even remotely be sinning against Finney who was a man?

How on earth do you get this from what i said? I was saying that it is sin to reject proof but i was not saying this meant one had to read Finney.

I will not (again) deal with someone who is intellectually dishonest

Sorry to hear that you have retreated into your cave, resorting to calling me dishonest. I thought you had more metal than that brother.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

It's all downhill from here.