• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  283
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1983

Lilly, may I say first I greatly admire you for your courage of telling other of Christ that is just AWESOME! You are following the command to preach (Romans 10:13-15) unfortunately many saints never speak a word for there saviour. I also admire the way you care for others.

But as Isaiah says it is the Holy Spirits job to bring someone to Christ, you have done everything you can. Now just let the Holy Spirit so shine from you (Philippians 2:15) that he may see this. I would just remind him that God loved him so much, that He gave His only begotten Son for Him. Also if you are talking to him, just tell him what wonderful things Jesus has done for you. But don't comment on his religion.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Hey Lilly :thumbsup:

I know how you feel - completely.

It's hard not to try to argue someone into correction, but more often than not that only drives the purson further from you and further to their own beliefs.

Try putting that energy into praying for him. Obviously, there's a lot of deception to break through. And that never comes easy.

As for tongues, even a lot of Christians don't understand it. As for him, how can someone who does not understand knowing God have any concept of the Holy Spirit - through whom we get to know God?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  11/06/1994

Thanks for the replys guys. Your advice is priceless. I understand what you are trying to tell me Isaiah, but you have to understand that God is so great, you sometimes have to tell the world. :101::):thumbsup::horse:

I'm glad you can relate, Nebula.

Now i don't mean to gloat, God is visible through me. I share two classes with him, one english honors class, and one ap class. (ap means advanced placement) In fact, i have two ap classes, and he only has one. (i try to be humble, but that sentence was not very humble..sorry) and i was number one in the ap class i shared with him, and number two in the honors english one. I think it's pretty evident God is in my life, but i don't think he thinks that way....I don't think he acknowledges God is the one responsible.

I guess all that's left is to pray.

With complete graditude,

Lilly

Edited by time-keeper

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  191
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  02/15/1971

Just a quick thought...

Listen to him. Just let him do all the talking the next time you two get on this discussion. Ask God to open your ears to hear how God IS working in his life. You may be doing more for him than you realize but people's pride gets in the way of them acknowledging it. God's word penetrates. Not all of your seed lands on good soil, but SOME of it does. If he doesn't know the difference between knowing God and knowing God, then chances are, he doesn't recognize when God is speaking in that oh-so-quiet voice of His. But His word is doing its work-it never returns to Him void. So listen to him, and look for God.

Letting him do most of the talking will also help him 'see' what he believes in a better light. For myself, things make a lot of sense until I start talking about it. I also know that a lot of the time, the truth is in me, but I have to do a lot of talking before it comes to the surface. You don't have to argue with him. Jesus will guide him in truth. Just be there for him when God does reveal it to him. It can be an exciting time, to be sure, but sometimes, it can be unsettling. You are there with him. God knows that, and He'll use you to help him. He already is.

If he's willing, have him read Matthew, chapters 5,6,and 7. That pretty much gives the basics of what Christ is all about.

I wouldn't push too hard. Let him make up his own mind.

Here's something to consider.

1 Corinthians 3

5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers through whom you believed, as the Lord gave to each one?

6 I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase.

7 So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase.

8 Now he who plants and he who waters are one, and each one will receive his own reward according to his own labor.

9 For we are God