• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

So today I was heading home after a hard day at work. Ringing headache, exhausted, annoyed that I didn't meet my sales quota and really worrying about the state of my job come next month. I was sitting in the bus just clearing my mind of everything that happened and looking forward to being home so I can rest when about half way in my route the man sitting next to me tapped me and asked me, "Excuse me, where are you from? Are you a Muslim?"

I said no with a laugh and decided against saying what I believe so as not to start a confrontation. He knew with my laugh that I was most likely a christian and didn't want to ask any further questions. So then he started to ask me friendly questions and I was answering him in a friendly manner, though a littlte stand offish.. then I realized that God might want me to share with this guy the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I quickly prayed "God tell me what I should do".. and change my manner to be a little more open with him. After a little conversation, he revealed to me that he was looking for a job and that he was having a hard time finding something to pay his bills. I saw through through the desperation in his eyes. I got a nudge in my spirit at this point that maybe I was supposed to share contact information with this guy so I can help him. I resisted and instead shared with him information on a youth program I did when I was in the same position as him but I'm not sure if he was paying attention.

And with that he gave me a final "nice to meet you" and confirmed what my name was again, how to pronounce it and left. I think I blew it.. but what do you think is best to do in situation like this? I know sharing contact information should have been what I should have done since I instantly knew God was pushing me to do it.. but what else? How could you have shared the Gospel in a similar situation?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  615
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

So today I was heading home after a hard day at work. Ringing headache, exhausted, annoyed that I didn't meet my sales quota and really worrying about the state of my job come next month. I was sitting in the bus just clearing my mind of everything that happened and looking forward to being home so I can rest when about half way in my route the man sitting next to me tapped me and asked me, "Excuse me, where are you from? Are you a Muslim?"

I said no with a laugh and decided against saying what I believe so as not to start a confrontation. He knew with my laugh that I was most likely a christian and didn't want to ask any further questions. So then he started to ask me friendly questions and I was answering him in a friendly manner, though a littlte stand offish.. then I realized that God might want me to share with this guy the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I quickly prayed "God tell me what I should do".. and change my manner to be a little more open with him. After a little conversation, he revealed to me that he was looking for a job and that he was having a hard time finding something to pay his bills. I saw through through the desperation in his eyes. I got a nudge in my spirit at this point that maybe I was supposed to share contact information with this guy so I can help him. I resisted and instead shared with him information on a youth program I did when I was in the same position as him but I'm not sure if he was paying attention.

And with that he gave me a final "nice to meet you" and confirmed what my name was again, how to pronounce it and left. I think I blew it.. but what do you think is best to do in situation like this? I know sharing contact information should have been what I should have done since I instantly knew God was pushing me to do it.. but what else? How could you have shared the Gospel in a similar situation?

Yeah, you blew it. We all blow it at times. I wish I were perfect. :huh: The best thing is to learn from it and do not let it happen again. Do not beat yourself up about the past, just learn from it and move on.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

It is so true that we make mistakes many of them and we can learn from them. When it comes to wittnessing you have to take charge and keep the conversation going toward where they are faced with making a decision yes or no for making Christ as their Lord and Saviour. You also need to run interference of things that distract the person/persons attention away from the gospel message.

You just have to be bold and take charge as Satan will be there to distract. You have to have a plan to leading a person/persons to the Lord you need to be prepared if they accept Christ as their Saviour and be ready also with a plan for those who do not accept Jesus as Lord. You can be assured the Spirit will be there with you be sensitive to the Spirit. Be sure you are in charge bringing the conversation back on target if it drifts away stick by your goal which is to lead them to making a desicison for Christ.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

There are moments when God and Jesus talks to us through another person. As time passes you realise that it was wonderfull experience.

Blessings

Trust

In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness. Psalms 31:1

Rejoice

For our heart shall rejoice in him, because we have trusted in his holy name. Psalms 33:21

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me?

I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD. Psalms 116:12-13

Love, Your Brother Joe

>>>>>()<<<<<

Be Patient Beloved, Be Patient

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

Praying!

Hallelujah!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  437
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/20/1979

Pray for that guy, and leave it in DADDY's Hand. You did what you thought was best at that time. DADDY knows you Love HIM, and he understands. I'll be praying as well for that guy & you. Don't beat yourself up anymore.

GOD bless. You are a Designers Orinigal, fearfully & Wonderfully made.

yr sister in CHRIST

Lomi

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  540
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,935
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  232
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

:) so I am going to be the one that says in this day and age you also have to be VERY careful about how much personal info you give to strangers. Why would he ask if you were a muslim ???

Praying for you both :taped::24::cool::wacko:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

:) so I am going to be the one that says in this day and age you also have to be VERY careful about how much personal info you give to strangers. Why would he ask if you were a muslim ???

Praying for you both :taped::24::cool::wacko:

Muslims are like that, they don't care where you are from, if your a Muslim your a friend.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  550
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2

We all error, but I believe we learn from the experience and become more prepared with an answer the next time. I recently became upset withan Mormon. The individual did nothing wrong, it is just I hate the lie. Afterwards I was a little introspective and felt guilty of the way I acted and my feelings of hostility. Since I have begun to read The Book of Mormon. Next time the situation comes up I will be better prepared and more rational.

My hostility is because of the divisions it causes in the church.