IGNORED

Robbing of salvation

Guest agua

I think we can influence someone to go one way or the other, but to rob them of their salvation, I don't believe we can.

Guest LadyC

i don't believe we can rob someone of their opportunity to accept Christ. i often hear that argument used against the death penalty though. but God gives us countless opportunities throughout our lives. the inmate on death row has countless opportunities. in no way is anyone guilty of "robbing" him of his opportunity to know Christ.

same is true though whether it's lethal injection (in which case, the inmate knows he's going to die, knows when he's going to die, and knows he's running out of time to accept Christ), or whether a person is killed unexpectedly, no matter how that happens. for instance, if a person is killed in a car accident, or in a drive by shooting, did that person miss his chance to know God?

of course not. God had been there the entire time, and for however many days that person had lived prior to their unexpected demise, that person had still chosen to reject Christ.

none of us know the time or day of our death (except the person on death row). it is our responsibility to accept Christ, and nobody else can be held accountable if we choose to reject Him.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

:laugh:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I say we can not,and do not,have this power.

I would respectively agree.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  08/17/1957

Recently on the news, here in England, there was a report about a certain Medical Doctor who was doing something to end the life of alot of patients who had diseases like cancer, etc, without their permission or their knowledge.

And the first thing I thought of was, what if these persons didnt know God and wouldve had a 'deathbed conversion' had he not taken their lives?

I think that people can rob others of their salvation, yes.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

God knows our days before we are born. He knows and sets when and where we are born, and when and where we die. Each of us are 'without excuse' when we die.

No, we can't rob someone of their salvation.

But, yes, we do have an obligation to salt our words with grace at all times (Col 4:6) and walk in a manner worthy of our calling, and to let our light so shine before men, that they would see our good deeds and glorify the Father. We are to make disciples.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Don't you find that a little strange.That the most treasured thing God gives to man can be taken away by a man?

I find it most unsettling...If my salvation can be taken away by another person, I must be the one keeping it. Then, a man stronger than, or smarter than myself can steal it away from me. BUT if my Father is the one that keeps, I am convinced (by His word) that no man is stronger or smarter than Him.

:emot-hug:

Guest LadyC
Recently on the news, here in England, there was a report about a certain Medical Doctor who was doing something to end the life of alot of patients who had diseases like cancer, etc, without their permission or their knowledge.

And the first thing I thought of was, what if these persons didnt know God and wouldve had a 'deathbed conversion' had he not taken their lives?

I think that people can rob others of their salvation, yes.

don't you think God knew how and when these people were going to die? don't you think God knows every outcome? even the "alternate endings"?

if God knows a person is going to give his life to Jesus on his deathbed on january 5, but someone comes along on january 4th to kill him, don't you think God has enough control over the situation to intervene?

nobody can rob another of the opportunity to know Christ.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

I have often said, because He sure showed me this lol, that as we cannot save someone neither can we prevent them from being saved.

When witnessing to someone once, I watched that person be swayed by words and actions of others away from Christ, and I agonized over it. But then out of nowhere, without anything I said, I watched that person be drawn to Christ. She eventually did get saved. It didnt matter what I did or say. He drew the person, as the bible tells us. All Im supposed to do is present the gospel message. I am not supposed to get them to believe. That part is His work.

Really witnessing is much easier when you recognize that its His work, His doing, and nothing you say can change it. You stop worrying about your words and let Him take over what you say. You rely on Him and not on yourself.