so wrong

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

YES I do know many people who are homosexual..my next door neighbour is one of the nicest people that I know and I DONT condemn him for his sexual preferences just as I dont condem anyone who choses to have ANY sexual relationship before marriage BUT I also know several people who were brought up by homosexual parents and how much it hurt them when others had a mum and a dad and they had two people that they loved but were confused about.

If you do not believe the bible because it is not to your liking then how can you call yourself a follower of Christ ??

We are called to belief in ALL the bible NOT just in the bits that make us feel good.

Called to believe in ALL the Bible, eh? So you believe that a wife must submit to her husband at all times, even sexually? Indeed, according to Christianity it's impossible for a husband to rape his wife. The Bible also advocates selling a disobedient daughter into slavery, capital punishment for a variety of crimes and teaches that eating shellfish is an abomination before the Lord. I don't know of any Christian that believes in any of that, but it's all there in Exodus, along with the line about not lying with a man as with a woman.

I genuinely don't understand why half of that stuff is even in moden Bibles, since they've removed all manner of books in the past, some of which have a far more useful message than dietary tips.

Ladypeartree, you personally might not condemn gay people, but a lot of people here were doing so, and apparently denying them the option to ever have a partner, a sexual relationship or any kind of romantic connection. These are pretty basic human desires, yet because a person is born gay, without the ability to choose another way, they just can't ever have that? What are they meant to do, confine themselves to a monastery? Wear hair shirts to mortify the sinful flesh? What is this, the middle ages?

Well David, that all depends if you are living by the law of the word or by the spirit of the word. How many times did Jesus speak a word that had spiritual meaning and was not to be taken literally? When scripture speaks of the wife being submissive to the husband, what does it say about how the husband should treat the wife? Is forcing the wife into a sexual encounter loving her as Christ loved the church? Oh how cultist it is to take one verse and pound it into someone with a biblical sledgehammer. If you wish to discuss being submissive, take all that is said about the marriage and place it side by side to get the full picture.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/18/1994

We can only hope and pray that the children really are brought up in a bible teaching church. The parents are a bad role model for christian behavior, but never under estimate the power of the Holy Spirit.

Amen ~Candice~

Hope and prayer

that is all we need :)

I'm praying for this family and for these children

That they will have an encounter with the Lord

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  110
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/29/1961

Scratching my head and wondering what "As a Chrsitian family ...." means to them.....

Christian by what definition?

Certainly not followers of Christ Jesus.....

They want their "kids" to make their own choices regarding religion, yet being "mothered" has been denied them - which is a basic right of all human beings.

The only good I can see here is that, for the children, it's better to be christened than not.

Where did Jesus or any of His Apostles tell us to christen anybody?

This ceremony is just another way of men trying to worship God after thier own traditions.

What could possibly be good about that?

False religion, is this not why ten tribes of Israelites were kicked off the Holy Land?

These men should be kicked out of the church, not out of hatred, but to teach them repentance,

and to have godly sorrow,once thay have renounced thier sins, seperated,and taken steps to remedy the situation and live godly,

only then should they be allowed to have fellowship and be yoked together with the brethren.

As a member of the body of Christ, I hereby cut this part off and cast it away until God sees fit to restore it.

Those who disagree may join them.

Edited by 1Mind1Spirit

....The only good I can see here is that, for the children, it's better to be christened than not....

....Where did Jesus or any of His Apostles tell us to christen anybody?

This ceremony is just another way of men trying to worship God after their own traditions.

False religion, is this not why ten tribes of Israelites were kicked off the Holy Land?

These men should be kicked out of the church, not out of hatred, but to teach them repentance,

and to have godly sorrow, once they have renounced their sins, separated, and taken steps to remedy the situation and live godly,

only then should they be allowed to have fellowship and be yoked together with the brethren.

As a member of the body of Christ, I hereby cut this part off and cast it away until God sees fit to restore it.

Those who disagree may join them....

Oh No!

Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not. Romans 12:14

>>>>>()<<<<<

Many Men Have This Tradition Or That

Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctines the commandments of men.

For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.

And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition. Mark 7:7-9

And Sanctify The Naming Of Their Children With Ordinary Tap Water Called Holy

And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost. John 1:33

Whereas When The LORD Jesus Does The Baptizing

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. John 3:3-7

The Christened Name Is Forever

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

And Ever

And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads. Revelation 22:3-4

Amen!

>>>>>()<<<<<

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Hebrews 12:1

Be Very Blessed

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.

Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin. Hebrews 12:2-4

Love, Your Brother Joe

....The only good I can see here is that, for the children, it's better to be christened than not....

....Where did Jesus or any of His Apostles tell us to christen anybody?

This ceremony is just another way of men trying to worship God after their own traditions.

and to have godly sorrow, once they have renounced their sins, separated, and taken steps to remedy the situation and live godly,

Oh No!

Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not. Romans 12:14

>>>>>()<<<<<

Many Men Have This Tradition Or That

Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctines the commandments of men.

For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.

And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition. Mark 7:7-9

And Sanctify The Naming Of Their Children With Ordinary Tap Water Called Holy

And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost. John 1:33

Whereas When The LORD Jesus Does The Baptizing

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. John 3:3-7

The Christened Name Is Forever

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

And Ever

And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads. Revelation 22:3-4

Amen!

>>>>>()<<<<<

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Hebrews 12:1

Be Very Blessed

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.

Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin. Hebrews 12:2-4

Love, Your Brother Joe

Why the oh no,Joe?

I don't feel persecuted by homosexuals or by a church practising false religion, do you?

Why the oh no,Joe?

:)

Not That I Disagreed

Why the oh no,Joe?

:)

Not That I Disagreed

Thought maybe so just wasn't sure. :48:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  122

More than just pondering, "what does God think of this couple and what they are doing?"

I would be even more concerned with; "what does God think of this church for it's actions?'

For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? 1Peter 4:17 NKJV

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  119
  • Days Won:  2

firstly, I have gays in my family & ones who I know. All were tampered with sexually at early age and as opposed to the being born gay theory I have the theory that its actually sexual interferance that causes a great many to go this way.

That and fleshly desire that is no longer held as offensive & people are proudly wearing their gay pride. whereas before it was something to be ashamed of. Now girls are kissing girls proudly in clubs to turn on guys and this is disgusting but its cool. We no longer have sexual boundries... I shudder to think where society will become complacent next.

With all that being said, I'm curious what makes the gay couple who want to christen their child any worse than the assistant pastor who tempted by satan slept with the piano player... what makes one more forgivable than the other?

I think that if these gays truly are born again of the spirit christians then they will be convicted of their err and they will either ignore or listen. I could never question their salvation but know, when one is born of the spirit it truly is hard to continue in this way & I shudder to think of being so grievous to the Holy Spirit.

With all this being said, the question shouldnt be whether they have the right to christen their children... its are they SUPPOSED to even have those beautiful little souls. Talk about confusing family values. I would be interested to see studies of children brought up by gay parents & the effect of that on them as adults.

I know I'm a bit of a contradiction. I think this comes from loving these people so very much. How do we love them but be intollerant of their sinful lifestyle? fortunate for me my gays dont profess Christianity as I'm certain I would have no idea how to address that.

I suppose I was such a wretch before I was saved and only deserved condemnation... I thank God for the Christians who loved me when I didnt deserve it and I suppose I try to just love my cousin & nephew & their partners as well and pray that they receive salvation and turn from their sin.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  540
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,860
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  228
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

These two men BOUGHT 5 human beings...they chose the mother but didnt want her to carry the child ( children ) so chose someone else and rented her body then they had two babies implanted ( one from each of them ) so they could both be " fathers " and refuse the child to right to know who their mother is by putting both their names on the birth certificates. They couldnt get it done here so they went to the American courts claiming that the child was half American ( even though the biological mother was in fact Russian ) Can you say EGOTISTIC ???

They claim to want their children brought up to know the teaching of the Christian church which if they do will leave the children feeling even more hurt / confused / betrayed as they struggle with the conflict of loving a parent/parents who are clearly disobeying one of the most basic teachings of Christ

This was my first post after waiting to see what others thought ( NOT that it made any difference to my thoughts but I wanted reactions to the story rather than a " double thread "

I know several homosexual people including very loving " couples " ...one couple also have a child ( one of the women deliberatly got pregnant by the son ofone of the neighbours as she desperatly wanted a child ) The child is now almost 20 years old and is a very kind and caring boy but he also has many many difficulties due to the parenting he had. He has no " father " He has Mum and Mary .. he was engaged to a lovely girl but they split up as a direct result of the problems she couldnt face from having a mother in law openly living with another woman and how it would affect her children. He has had several girlfriends since but he now introduces them to his family right from the start as he cant face going through that rejection again. In some ways he finds it easier being a boy that a girl would find it having a lesbian mother as she may feel pressured into a lesbian lifestyle so as not to look as if she is condemning her mother ( his words not mine ) :emot-fail::emot-fail::emot-fail::emot-pray::emot-pray: