• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.22
  • Content Count:  4,274
  • Content Per Day:  4.71
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

It is referring to the Trinity. And it may not have been a physical image but more than likely a spiritual image. None-the-less, we won't know until we get to Heaven and can see for ourselves.

Look at Jesus. Whom do men say that I am? If he was a man when he lay down for a rest; then He was God when He was awakened and commanded the wind and waves to be still...............

Render unto Cesar those things that are Cesars and He took a coin and asked who's circumscription is on this........ and He held a child in the midst and beloved know this: the child is in the image of God and render unto God those things that belong to God - better tie a millstone about your neck and cast yourself into the depth of the sea than to hurt one of these little ones.

To sit and type this has tears streaming down my face to know that God loves us and we are now one of HIs little ones. The Lord is soon to come gather to harvest all you can as the time is near, even at the end. How do we know this: the Word of God. The Holy Ghost reveals the inspired word of God and reveals the mystery along with the love of God. Yes; the scriptures are hidden to many and anti-Christ are many today and the beast is ready to devour. Prepare ye the way of the Lord - I do believe His return is at the door.

What in the world are you talking about? And what does it have to do with what I said?

Guest shiloh357
Genesis 1:26 Then God said, "Let us make humankind in our image, after our likeness, so they may rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move on the earth."

Who is the "our" God speaks of here? The angels in heaven?

Angels are never ascribed to have creative abilities. It is the plurality of the Godhead spoken. The only persons EVER spoken of to have pure creative ability in Scripture are the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  90
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Hello Shalhevet:

Genesis 1:26 Then God said, "Let us make humankind in our image, after our likeness, so they may rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move on the earth."

The Hebrew 'Elohim' is God and the hosts of heaven (but not all of them). Read Jeremiah 1.5 for more proof, and that is just about as short of an answer as I can think of.

edit: for spelling.

Edited by hayahtowb

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.06
  • Days Won:  78

I believe "us" is Jesus and the Father and "image" is abilities and nature..ie..thinking,reasoning,imagining,creative,emotional beings.There must be some reason to our shape too though eh.

Good point, agua. :24:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  04/18/1974

"our" is God and Jesus. Both always have been and always will be. Translation is great, but in this case the meaning needs no further study. God was talking to His Son.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

I too believe the "our" was God and Jesus, all creation was for Jesus, I do believe Jesus was God's foremen for when the world was created.

I've heard people say that there are those who don't realize how big God really is and these people are right. I will add to that by saying there are those who don't realize how big Jesus is, They see him as a man that once walked this earth, but that is just the tip of the iceberg. Jesus is much, much more than some realize. Just my humble opinion, what do I know, I,m just a redneck. :24:

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.88
  • Days Won:  33

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Joh 1:2 He was with God in the beginning.

Joh 1:3 All things came to be through him, and without him nothing made had being.

Joh 1:4 In him was life, and the life was the light of mankind.

Joh 1:5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not suppressed it.

Joh 1:6 There was a man sent from God whose name was Yochanan.

Joh 1:7 He came to be a testimony, to bear witness concerning the light; so that through him, everyone might put his trust in God and be faithful to him.

Joh 1:8 He himself was not that light; no, he came to bear witness concerning the light.

Joh 1:9 This was the true light, which gives light to everyone entering the world.

Joh 1:10 He was in the world

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  90
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

God told more than Jeremiah that He knew him before he was in his mother's womb, He said the same about Jacob and Esau, you can read it in: Romans 9.11 or the whole story dealing with the brithright in Genesis chapter 25.

Christ told Nicodemus (John chapter 3) that he had to be born from above; "born again" = 'born from above' (please get the Greek dictionary out people). Christ explains this very well in this chapter; we also have the lawyer Paul teaching about two bodies in: 1st Corinthians chapter 15.

I hope this helps more?

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

The angels are not the "our" spoken of in Genesis 1:26 but instead it is speaking of the Trinity being Father, Son and Holy Spirit and just as the Trinity is a three part being we also are a three part being. The three parts of our being is our Spirit, Soul and Body (1 Thessalonians 5:23)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  287
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  01/07/1967

The angels are not the "our" spoken of in Genesis 1:26 but instead it is speaking of the Trinity being Father, Son and Holy Spirit and just as the Trinity is a three part being we also are a three part being. The three parts of our being is our Spirit, Soul and Body (1 Thessalonians 5:23)

Exactly, and it is powerful evidence of the triune Godhead.