• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/22/1993

People have told me over and over again only by hating my sin will I be able to stop sinning.

How do you hate something you have found enjoyable for any amount of time?

I'm also afraid if I become hateful towards sin I will fall and judge the sinner instead of hating the sin only.

I'm not sure what I should do here.

Any scriptures would be hugely helpful.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Ask the Lord to change your heart, to make you hate it.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

You should hate sin, God hate's sin so much he finds it deplorable.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

People have told me over and over again only by hating my sin will I be able to stop sinning.

I'm also afraid if I become hateful towards sin I will fall and judge the sinner instead of hating the sin only.

we tend to view hate as strictly an emotional thing. In the bible had means not having a preference for the object hated (in other words you prefer obeyinig God to sinning)

I couldn't finish my last post on this thread because Mrs. OldZimm had some chores for me to do, well I'm back and I can finish. :laugh:

I think I may have mentioned this on Worthy a few months back, but I will mention it again.

If one does not hate some sins, how can one repent and be saved? We all sin and that is a fact, if one knowingly sins and it doesn't bother him, then that person has a problem. That is when that person must pray to God so he can straighten himself out.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

You must realise what the sin you are doing. This is not the same as doing or knowing the sin. Once you 'see' the sin then you are not tempted again or have a laugh at it if it appears since you are stronger with Jesus.

Blessings

• Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

</h2>

<h2 id="passage_heading" style="font-weight: bold; font-size: 16px; ">Hebrews 11:23-27 (New King James Version)

The Faith of Moses

23 By faith Moses, when he was born, was hidden three months by his parents, because they saw he was a beautiful child; and they were not afraid of the king

• Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Hi Gregor.

I don't believe with the best will in the world you can just muster up a hatred or dislike of something that you find pleasurable...or that your body and your mind has become used to.

It is one thing to recognise sin....it is another thing to want to stop sinning....and it is yet another thing to actually stop and have the victory.

I believe the key to victory over any sin, begins by seeing G-d's heart on the matter, and understanding how He views whatever you are into...realising that He is not some sort of spoil-sport, but as our Heavenly Father, only wants the best for us.

Secondly we must understand that through Jesus we are over-comers, because of the blood that saved us, and now sanctifies us....many times in the world, sin is not even perceived as such, which is why we need to constantly decide whether we are going to conform to the standards of this world (the broad easy path), or follow Jesus (the narrow path). This is something we face every day of our lives, until one day we breathe no more and our life here is over.

When one sees sin for what it is, and learns to be an overcomer through the blood of Jesus....it is far more likely that rather than condemn or judge sinners, you will understand that all of us are like the rest of us...'Sinner's saved by Grace' and will want to see them set free to move on in G-d, just as you will be if your love for righteousness, grace and truth, out-ways the transient pleasures of sinful moments.

Romans 12:1 Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.

I have always found this Scripture particularly helpful, as it indicates changing the way I think about something, and helping to take stock and get G-d's perspective, and allow my mind to be changed, and no longer thrown open any door it fancies.

1Thess 4:1 Finally then, brethren, we request and exhort you in the Lord Jesus, that as you received from us instruction as to how you ought to walk and please God (just as you actually do walk), that you excel still more. 2 For you know what commandments we gave you by the authority of the Lord Jesus. 3 For this is the will of God, your sanctification; that is, that you abstain from sexual immorality; 4 that each of you know how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor, 5 not in lustful passion, like the Gentiles who do not know God; 6 and that no man transgress and defraud his brother in the matter because the Lord is the avenger in all these things, just as we also told you before and solemnly warned you. 7 For God has not called us for the purpose of impurity, but in sanctification. 8 So, he who rejects this is not rejecting man but the God who gives His Holy Spirit to you.

In Paul's time there were plenty of diversions to give people pleasure and gratification, not least the numerous Temple prostitutes that would tout for business...things are no different now, and as I said before, conforming to this world is easy....it is like free-wheeling down-hill on a bike. The thing with sanctification is that it is up to us to choose to allow the Holy Spirit to have His way in us, and to develop spiritual muscles....no one can do it for us (bit like studying for exams) there is a certain amount of dedication and effort needed on our part....dying to self for a start....and guess what this body of ours does not like it, and will fight tooth and claw to dictate to our spirit.

1 Corinthians 9:24 Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win. 25 Everyone who competes in the games exercises self-control in all things. They then do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. 26 Therefore I run in such a way, as not without aim; I box in such a way, as not beating the air; 27 but I discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified.

Paul is such a great example...although he was an amazing steadfast, resolute man, he was no different to you or me, and was well aware of the things that could stifle the Spirit, and sought to instil in his listeners, key points that would help them in their walk with the L-rd....he was a realist, and did not shy away from saying things as they are....he is an absolute hero of mine, and has helped me throughout my walk with the L-rd, that has had more than its fair share of ups and downs, sin, failing and at times despair and despondency.

In Messiah. Botz

• Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

Its kind of like drinking or smoking. Once you stop and conquer it, the loathing comes automatically, but you tend to empathize with the one doing the sinning because you already have been through it.

Its kind of like drinking or smoking. Once you stop and conquer it, the loathing comes automatically, but you tend to empathize with the one doing the sinning because you already have been through it.

Good answer, I think that might be one of the reasons God does not want us to forget where we have come from. For those that are fighting to put a sin behind them, we can help because we can say yep, been there, done it and this is what I did to over come the sin, it may help you too.