Matthitjah

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Our governor wants them to be used on the border. The feds say no, they can only be used for a back up support system. In past times the feds said they couldnt use their weapons on the border. The feds call the shots with the national guard in some way.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

Our governor wants them to be used on the border. The feds say no, they can only be used for a back up support system. In past times the feds said they couldnt use their weapons on the border. The feds call the shots with the national guard in some way.

It's tricky Jade. That would be an international border. Also, no doubt allot of funding comes from the Feds for your National Guard, also access to Federal Depot's for ammunition, equipment and parts.

I prayed for your state and all the people involved last night.

On a personal note....if I were Governor, I'd back my troops off about 5 miles from the border and conduct continuous emergency drills and other military field maneuvers.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Good ol' "Sheriff Joe" (Arpaio) is in his 70's now, and I was wondering if there was anybody who could step into those big shoes. This young fellow shows promise!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Nah Babeu seems to lack some sense. He appeared on at least 2 racist radio talk shows, claiming ignorance of them later. I havent decided yet whether or not he is a decent sheriff.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

It's tricky Jade. That would be an international border. Also, no doubt allot of funding comes from the Feds for your National Guard, also access to Federal Depot's for ammunition, equipment and parts.

On a personal note....if I were Governor, I'd back my troops off about 5 miles from the border and conduct continuous emergency drills and other military field maneuvers.

That is SO sneaky! I like the way you think, H.P. and the feds wouldn't be able to do a thing about it. :cool:

That is SO sneaky! I like the way you think, H.P. and the feds wouldn't be able to do a thing about it. :cool:

:cool:

The feds could cut off their pay and other funding. The feds could also disallow them from using the military equipment needed for the drills.

Not really Katy....they could play with the funding, but it would be hard for them to do that, because the Guard is required to be in a state of readiness..also, the equipment is purchased by the state so the state owns it.

The feds could cut off their pay and other funding. The feds could also disallow them from using the military equipment needed for the drills.

Not really Katy....they could play with the funding, but it would be hard for them to do that, because the Guard is required to be in a state of readiness..also, the equipment is purchased by the state so the state owns it.

The National Guard comes ultimately under the authority of the Dept Of Defense. They could be ordered to stand down their drilling by the fed. If they refused they could be court martialed for disobeying orders. It would be interesting to see what would happen, in such ways revolutions begin..though I really do not wish for it to go that far.

"Well, Katy, it's hard to explain. Maybe read my other post. I would be curious as to your take on State Sovereignty.