A Disciple

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  1

I've noticed that the things we disagree about seem to get discussed a lot more than the things we agree on.

So let's start a list of the most fundamental Christian beliefs just for fun. Let's do it as if we were getting a new Christian started growing in the faith. In other words, leave the controversial stuff till page 10 or 12 at least.

If you don't mind, each person introduce one point at a time. That way it won't seem as if one person is trying to dominate the conversation and maybe we can prevent anyone getting their dander up for a while.

Remember to keep it simple - like a newly saved Christian were going to read this - after all, we all hope they will!

A Disciple

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,758
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  221
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Jesus Christ is the Son of God

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  1

Guess I should put one in myself, so here goes:

God is the supreme power in the universe - or creation. He is in control of it's beginning, it's end, and all things between.

A Disciple

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Jesus died as the final sacrifice for our sins and rose from the dead!

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

I think the most important issues are who Jesus was (and is), and what He did.

A few very simple verses to explain what Jesus did...

1 Cor 15

3For (F)I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died (G)for our sins (H)according to the Scriptures, 4and that He was buried, and that He was (I)raised on the third day (J)according to the Scriptures, 5and that (K)He appeared to (L)Cephas, then (M)to the twelve.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Jesus, Son of God, was born of the virgin Mary, was crucified for our sins, and rose from the dead on the third day. Without His sacrifice, none of us could hope for salvation.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  10

God's smarter than we are and He has a plan!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

The Basics.....

1. We have broken God's Holy Laws (The 10 Commandments) By lying, stealing, committing adultery in our hearts through lusting, blaspheming by taking God's name in vain, murdering in our hearts through hatred of others, etc. (Bible says all liars will have their part in the lake of fire. No theif, no adulterer, no murderer etc., will ever set foot in the Kingdom of God)

2. And so, we are wretched sinners and God's enemies - doing nothing but storing up wrath for the day of judgment.

3. Jesus came to reconcile us to the Father by dying on the cross on our behalf, taking our punishment upon himself, to pay the price for our sin in his life's blood. (i.e., Sin = death. No forgivness of sin without the shedding on blood).

4. By repenting of our sins (asking forgivness and turning away from our lifestyle of sin) and placing our faith in JESUS ALONE to save us, we will be born again and become children of God and citizens of Heaven.

5. We are then commanded to share the Gospel with everyone we can.

And that, my friends, is that! ;)

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

The Basics.....

1. We have broken God's Holy Laws (The 10 Commandments) By lying, stealing, committing adultery in our hearts through lusting, blaspheming by taking God's name in vain, murdering in our hearts through hatred of others, etc. (Bible says all liars will have their part in the lake of fire. No theif, no adulterer, no murderer etc., will ever set foot in the Kingdom of God)

2. And so, we are wretched sinners and God's enemies - doing nothing but storing up wrath for the day of judgment.

3. Jesus came to reconcile us to the Father by dying on the cross on our behalf, taking our punishment upon himself, to pay the price for our sin in his life's blood. (i.e., Sin = death. No forgivness of sin without the shedding on blood).

4. By repenting of our sins (asking forgivness and turning away from our lifestyle of sin) and placing our faith in JESUS ALONE to save us, we will be born again and become children of God and citizens of Heaven.

5. We are then commanded to share the Gospel with everyone we can.

And that, my friends, is that! ;)

:amen:

Remember to keep it simple - like a newly saved Christian were going to read this - after all, we all hope they will!

Mark 12

29 Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is: Hear, O Israel, the LORD our God, the LORD is one.

30 And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength. This is the first commandment.

31 And the second, like it, is this: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. There is no other commandment greater than these.

It doesn't get any more basic than that.

Treat people the way you want to be treated.