IGNORED

Thoughts advice for unanswered prayer...

Guest HIS girl

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Just want thoughts/advice from those who have had prayer unanswered for a sick family member that ended up dying.

Thanks heaps. :wub:

I am up close and personal watching someone I love very much die an agonizing death. My greatest comfort is the fact that he loves God so much and is a dedicated and faithful Christian ... and it is that thought alone that keeps me from further anguish and despair. God knows (because I've told Him) that I would gladly give a year of my life to heal the person I love... but, God doesn't make 'bargains' and this time for me and my family is very much a test of our faith that we talk about. There are days where I'm 'whistling' in the dark... not knowing what is next or what to expect. There are yet other days when blind faith is all we hold on to - it's those days that I realize God is in control and I have to just let Him be in charge and rely on His promises. This is not my first experience with seeing someone I love die in front of me - but having had those experiences and to know clinically what is happening does not make it any easier. Hold on to the good times and let the people you love know it. :broken_heart:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

Our prayers are allways answered. The suffering and death of our most loved ones hits hard on us. There are no words to compensate. The only answer is to remember how Jesus suffered for all of us.

Praying

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Sometimes prayers are not answered because they are not prayers. I am definitely not saying that this is the case here. But this might help answer some questions for others that read the post as well

Here is something from a while back that I did with my home group...

1 Not seeking to please the Lord

1 John 3:22

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  540
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,953
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  233
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

She was saved a week before passing away yet in the 11 months prior she suffered immensely. There were 3 Churches praying for her daily....it pains us (family) to know she was in immense pain for most of her illness, she had to endure so much for a 15 year old.

I see what you are saying LP - so thanks, but it doesn't lessen the pain and yes I know I will see her again...:wub:

Have you thought that it took 11 months of suffering to bring her to the point where she was ready and willing to accpet salvation ??

Had she not suffered would she have accepted Christ ??

had she died earlier would she have avoided an eternity of hell ??

It looks to me as if she was relieved of her pain as soon as she had allowed God to ensure her eternal safety :noidea::emot-hug::emot-hug::emot-hug::emot-hug::emot-hug:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  283
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1983

God has a perfect will, it is definitely hard to understand, but if your niece (I think this is who you are talking about) was that sick maybe He was saving her from suffering anymore.

Isaiah 57:1

The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart: and merciful men are taken away, none considering that the righteous is taken away from the evil to come.

Her death was precious to God.

Psalms 116:15

Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of His saints.

But try to remember it is better for her to be with Lord as Paul stated;

Philippians 1:23

For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:

I wish I could think of something to say to comfort you and your family, but the sorrow of losing a love is just a time to weep (Ecclesiastes 3:2-4). But glory in the fact that "God is not ashamed to be called" her "God" (Hebrews 11:16).

• 5 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

I had a dog named Shilo and she was diagnosed with cancer a year and a half ago. We prayed and prayed and prayed. Each and every day we had prayed for her. She got her leg amputated and she lived happily for eight months. Then things started to go badly, she was constantly pucking and you could see that she was at the end of her rope. She had given up hope. At least thats what we thought, so that day my parents took her in when I was at school. I came home and I asked how she was doing and my mom was upset right then my heart went into my throught and I cried like a baby. A few weeks past by and we had no idea why, why got took her. It was because we had given up on God. God came to my dad and talked to him in a dream and told him that if we would have had a little bit more faith in him that she would have still been alive. So out of our ignorance she died, because we were to stupid to see that God was there for here we listened to man and heeded the date at wich they "recromended" her death. To this day I out her death upon me and my family. So listen, and listen good no matter how much you want ot trust man take god first. Belive in him until there is nothing left, until the end...its a wound that my family and I have to head and heal from.