• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  642
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

(Continued)

FresnoJoe said:

When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. Matthew 25:31-22

Everything!

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal. Matthew 25:40-46

When Jesus refers to "my brethren" (Matthew 25:40) and "these" (Matthew 25:45), he isn't just referring to Christians who are genetic Jews, but to any obedient Christians (Matthew 12:49-50, Luke 8:21, John 20:17, Matthew 23:8, Matthew 28:10), regardless of whether they're genetic Jews or genetic Gentiles (Romans 8:29, Hebrews 2:11-18, Acts 15:23, Romans 1:13).

Matthew 25:41-46 means that a saved person can in the end lose his salvation if he wrongly employs his will to not help a Christian in need, without repentance.

FresnoJoe said:

And What Does His Coming Judgement Have To Do With Those Proud Wolves Who Know Not God But With Their Rules And Traditions

Regarding "His Coming Judgement", some Christians will lose their salvation at the coming judgment of the church, at the second coming of Christ, because of unrepentant sin (Matthew 24:48-51), or because of unrepentant laziness (Matthew 25:26,30), or because of apostasy (Mark 8:35-38). That's why Christians know the "terror" of the coming judgment of the church (2 Corinthians 5:10-11), why they must remain in fear of being cut off the same as unbelievers if they don't continue in God's goodness (Romans 11:20-22, Luke 12:45-46), why they must be careful to work out their ultimate salvation with fear and trembling (Philippians 2:12, 1 Peter 1:17, Romans 2:6-8).

Regarding "Those Proud Wolves", Christians should avoid arguing ad hominem (2 Timothy 2:24).

Regarding "Who Know Not God", who doesn't know God, and how has it been proven that he doesn't know God?

Regarding "Their Rules And Traditions", can you give an example of a non-scriptural rule which has been posted in this thread?

There are New Testament/New Covenant rules (1 Thessalonians 4:2) and traditions (2 Thessalonians 2:15) which all Christians must obey (John 14:15, 1 John 5:3) unto the end if they are to obtain ultimate salvation (Hebrews 5:9, Revelation 22:14, Romans 2:6-8, James 2:24, Philippians 2:12, 2 Corinthians 5:9, 2 Peter 1:10-11, Hebrews 6:10-12, Philippians 3:11-14), but there's no assurance that they will choose to do that (Matthew 25:26,30, John 15:2a).

FresnoJoe said:

But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ. Matthew 23:8-10

Amen.

But who's being addressed as "Rabbi", "My Father", or "Master"?

FresnoJoe said:

Beat Upon The Faith Of The Born Again

Who's beating upon the faith of the born again, and how has it been proven that he's doing that?

Regarding initial salvation, being born again (John 3:3,7, 1 Peter 1:23-25, 1 Peter 2:2), it's both present salvation and a contract for ultimate salvation, just as the birth of an infant is both present life and a contract for life as an adult. Just as children can know that they are actually alive, so initially saved people can know that they are actually saved. But just as there's no assurance that children will reach adulthood, so there's no assurance that initially saved people will obtain ultimate salvation. Just as there are conditions placed on children, like not running into traffic and not drinking the Drano under the sink, if they are to reach adulthood, so there are conditions placed on the born-again, the initially saved, if they are to obtain ultimate salvation:

Initially saved people will obtain ultimate salvation only "if" they continue in the faith unto the end (Colossians 1:23, Hebrews 3:6,14), and there's no assurance that they will choose to do that (1 Timothy 4:1, 2 Thessalonians 2:3, Matthew 24:9-13, Luke 8:13, John 15:6, Hebrews 6:4-8, 2 Timothy 2:12, Mark 8:35-38, Hebrews 10:38-39, 2 Timothy 4:3-4).

Also, even if they do continue in the faith, initially saved people will obtain ultimate salvation only if they also patiently continue in good works and obedience unto the end (Romans 2:6-8, Hebrews 5:9, James 2:24, Revelation 22:14, Philippians 2:12, 2 Corinthians 5:9, 2 Peter 1:10-11, Hebrews 6:10-12, Philippians 3:11-14), and there's no assurance that they will choose to do that (Matthew 25:26,30, John 15:2a).

Also, even if they do continue in both faith and good works, initially saved people will obtain ultimate salvation only if they also continue to repent from every sin they might commit unto the end (Hebrews 10:26-29, 1 Corinthians 9:27, 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, Galatians 5:19-21), and there's no assurance that they will choose to do that (Matthew 24:48-51, 2 Peter 2:20-22, Romans 8:13, 1 John 5:16, James 5:19-20).

Also, initially saved people will obtain ultimate salvation only if they help Christians in need (Matthew 25:34-40), and there's no assurance that initially saved people will always choose to do that (3 John 1:10).

Also, initially saved people will obtain ultimate salvation only if they provide for their families (1 Timothy 5:8), and there's no assurance that initially saved people will always choose to do that (1 Timothy 5:8).

Also, initially saved people will obtain ultimate salvation only if they don't commit the unforgivable sin, which is blaspheming the Holy Spirit (Mark 3:29). An example of blaspheming the Holy Spirit is saying that an act performed by the power of the Holy Spirit is performed by Satan (Mark 3:22-30). There's no assurance that initially saved people will never choose to say that (cf. 1 Corinthians 14:39, 1 Thessalonians 5:19).

Also, initially saved people will obtain ultimate salvation only if they don't remove words from the text of the book of Revelation, and then publish the altered text as if it were the original, without repentance (Revelation 22:19). There's no assurance that initially saved people will never choose to do that (cf. 2 Corinthians 4:2).

Initially saved people will obtain ultimate salvation only if they continue in God's goodness unto the end (Romans 11:20-22), and there's no assurance that they will choose to do that (Luke 12:45-46). Initially saved people will obtain ultimate salvation only if they overcome unto the end (Revelation 3:5, Revelation 2:26), and there's no assurance that they will choose to do that (Revelation 21:7-8).

FresnoJoe said:

Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;

And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 1:1-8

Amen.

But regarding 2 Peter 1:5-9, note that it gives no assurance that an initially saved person will choose to give diligence to actually do all of the things listed there. It even shows that it's possible for an initially saved person to wrongly employ his will to not do any of those things (2 Peter 1:9), meaning that it's possible for an initially saved person to fail to obtain ultimate salvation (Matthew 25:26,30, John 15:2a,6). For doing all of those things is required in order to obtain ultimate salvation (2 Peter 1:10-11, cf. 1 Peter 1:17, Romans 2:6-8).

FresnoJoe said:

Child Of Grace?

Regarding grace, Hebrews 10:26-29 refers to people who after they get initially saved wrongly employ their will to commit sin without repentance. By doing this, these saved people are unwittingly trampling on Jesus and his sacrificial blood and doing despite unto the Spirit of grace (Hebrews 10:29), turning the grace of God into lasciviousness (Jude 1:4), so that their ultimate fate will be worse than if they had never been saved at all (2 Peter 2:20-22).

FresnoJoe said:

And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Galatians 4:8 [sic, should be Galatians 4:6]

Amen.

But regarding Galatians 4:6, we mustn't think that being God's children means that we don't have to repent when we commit a sin, for under the Old Covenant Mosaic law, a father was commanded to have his own child stoned to death if his child refused to repent (Deuteronomy 21:18-21), and under the New Covenant, God will be even harsher to unrepentant sin than he was under the Old Covenant Mosaic law (Hebrews 10:26-29).

FresnoJoe said:

Everything!

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Matthew 7:21-23

>>>>>()<<<<<

Matthew 7:21 shows that both faith and actual obedience is required for believers to enter into ultimate salvation (Romans 2:6-8, Hebrews 5:9, James 2:24, Revelation 22:14, Philippians 2:12, 2 Corinthians 5:9, 2 Peter 1:10-11, Hebrews 6:10-12, Philippians 3:11-14), but there's no assurance that they will choose to obey (Matthew 25:26,30, John 15:2a).

Matthew 7:23a could be hyperbole, for Matthew 7:22 could refer to true believers who truly performed many wonderful works for Jesus, but they at the same time had some unrepentant sin in their lives (Matthew 7:23b), so they had to be completely rejected by Jesus in the end despite their faith and good works (1 Corinthians 9:27, Hebrews 10:26-29).

FresnoJoe said:

The Will Of The Father

Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent. John 6:29

Amen.

But John 6:28-29 means that for people to work the works of God they first must believe in Jesus, for apart from Jesus, people can work no works of God (John 15:5).

And (as was pointed out earlier) in order to obtain ultimate salvation, believers in Jesus must patiently continue in good works (Romans 2:6-8, Hebrews 5:9, James 2:24, Revelation 22:14, Philippians 2:12, 2 Corinthians 5:9, 2 Peter 1:10-11, Hebrews 6:10-12, Philippians 3:11-14), and there's no assurance that they will choose to do that (Matthew 25:26,30, John 15:2a).

Also, in order to obtain ultimate salvation, believers in Jesus must patiently continue to believe unto the end (Colossians 1:23, Hebrews 3:6,14), but there's no assurance that they will choose to do that (1 Timothy 4:1, 2 Thessalonians 2:3, Matthew 24:9-13, Luke 8:13, John 15:6, Hebrews 6:4-8, 2 Timothy 2:12, Mark 8:35-38, Hebrews 10:38-39, 2 Timothy 4:3-4).

FresnoJoe said:

Believe

Who doesn't believe, and how has it been proven that he doesn't believe?

(Continued)

• Group:  Senior Member

(Continued)

FresnoJoe said:

For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day. 2 Timothy 1:12

Amen.

God is able to keep that which Christians have committed unto him against that day (2 Timothy 1:12). But at the same time, God isn't willing to destroy the will of saved people, turning them into robots, or into macabre flesh puppets, mere marionettes whose strings God pulls to make them dance across the stage. Thank God that, instead, he leaves all saved people as his real children with free wills. And because he leaves them with free wills, they themselves have to choose each and every day for the rest of their lives to deny themselves, to take up their crosses themselves, and to continue to follow Jesus (Luke 9:23) unto the end. But there's no assurance that they will choose to do that (Luke 8:13).

FresnoJoe said:

And Be Blessed Beloved

For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. Romans 10:11

Amen.

But (as was pointed out earlier), note that in the full context of the New Testament, retaining our salvation will be ultimately conditional on our continued belief (John 15:6, Colossians 1:23, Hebrews 3:6,14), our continued good works and obedience (John 15:2a, Romans 2:6-8, Hebrews 5:9), and our continued repentance from any sin that we might commit (Matthew 24:48-51, Hebrews 10:26-29, 1 Corinthians 9:27).

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

Paul exhorts us through Timothy:

14But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;

15And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16All scripture is given b inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

------------ and through Titus:

7In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity . . . 12Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; 13Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; 14Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

15These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

You guys are being ridicules please get back to the topic before it gets closed.

Yes, it has been sidetracked a few time, but this is not ridicules. Maybe it is time for another thread on what is proper etiquette for online teaching.

Yes differently a different thread. Besides, we are not here to online teach but to have an open-ended online discussion about a topic. Online teaching sounds more like your only here to lecture others instead of participate in an open discussion. We are not here to teach but to openly discuss and exchange views about our faith and doctrine so that we can learn and grow from each other. I learn from the youngest and most inexperienced Christians and even from those who I disagree with. If your just here to online teach then I would say that you're defeating the purpose of a discussion forum.

You have been here since 03 and you have not figured out that when you say something on these boards you are teaching someone? I don't know if that is more sad then scary. Iron sharpens Iron brother. Just as you are trying to teach me that we are not to teach, which I do disagree with.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

You guys are being ridicules please get back to the topic before it gets closed.

Yes, it has been sidetracked a few time, but this is not ridicules. Maybe it is time for another thread on what is proper etiquette for online teaching.

I agree. A lot of us access these forums at work and don't have the time to look up passages to find the exact meanings. It's common courtesy to quote your references. Not having the time to do it FOR the poster is not being lazy. A new thread would be a good idea.

• Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

You have been here since 03 and you have not figured out that when you say something on these boards you are teaching someone? I don't know if that is more sad then scary. Iron sharpens Iron brother. Just as you are trying to teach me that we are not to teach, which I do disagree with.

You misunderstand what I am saying. We are here to learn from each other through discussion. Online teaching is more of I speak everybody else listens and learns. Teaching is more of one-sided discussion and no room for debate. This is not the purpose of online discussion such as Worthy Forums. Online discussion on the other hand is everybody participating in discussion and learns from each others comments. It's not a one-sided lecture but a open-ended discussion and allows for a health debate. Like I said if you here to teach then your here for the wrong purpose.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

You misunderstand what I am saying. We are here to learn from each other through discussion. Online teaching is more of I speak everybody else listens and learns. Teaching is more of one-sided discussion and no room for debate. This is not the purpose of online discussion such as Worthy Forums. Online discussion on the other hand is everybody participating in discussion and learns from each others comments. It's not a one-sided lecture but a open-ended discussion and allows for a health debate. Like I said if you hear to teach then your here for the wrong purpose.

This is the last post I will make in this thread an I will start another on this subject. If you see teaching in such a manner, I am sorry. All teaching I have done, and those who taught me, brought the material with them, presented the material they teach, and then a discussion/debate arose. That is healthy teaching. I have also seen first hand the teaching you speak of. First was from teaches who did not want to discuss, but to force you to accept their way of thinking, so only a few learned. The next was in the Navy where there was no real discussion. You were told what you would think and do, where the only questions allowed were those that would bring you to a better understand what is being taught. You never debated, or discussed another idea in either environment.

The Prince Of Peace

Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means.

The Lord be with you all. 2 Thessalonians 3:16

My LORD

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalms 139:23-24

And My God

For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. 1 Corinthians 11:31

>>>>>()<<<<<

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. Revelation 3:20....

Those addressed in Revelation 3:20 had also become so shamefully sinful

The

Church

So Faithless

Of sin, because they believe not on me; John 16:9

And So Full Of Themselves

Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. Revelation 3:17-19

That They Just Refuse To Trust In Him

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

And So Some Looking At Their Own Works, Refuse His Peace

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. Matthew 11:28-30

And Attempt To Destroy The Faith Of The Little Ones

For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.

How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray?

And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray.

Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish. Matthew 18:11-14

Not Believing Jesus Alone Saves

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. John 6:47

Really

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

I and my Father are one. John 10:27-30

Saves

>>>>>()<<<<<

Believe

Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. 1 Peter 2:24

And Be Blessed Beloved

For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. Romans 5:10

Be Very Blessed

Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. Romans 5:9

Love, Joe

What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me?

I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD. Psalms 116:12-13

• Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

The flood was 4990, take 2011 subtract 4990 and minus one year, because there is no year Zero and you have 7000 years. Moreover, when your look at the Hebrew month of that time with our days calander, they point to the date of May 21, 2011 which is the day of Christ return, of whom He will come without sin but unto savation

Good theory but.........

Mat 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

• Group:  Senior Member

FresnoJoe said:

The Prince Of Peace

Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means.

The Lord be with you all. 2 Thessalonians 3:16

Amen.

But we should never have the false, man-made peace of the mistaken doctrine of OSAS, for there are multiple ways for us to lose our salvation in the end:

One way that a saved person can in the end lose his salvation is if he wrongly employs his will to commit apostasy (Hebrews 6:4-8, John 15:6, 2 Timothy 2:12, Mark 8:35-38, Matthew 24:9-13, Colossians 1:23, Hebrews 3:6,14, Matthew 13:21, Luke 8:13, 1 Timothy 4:1, 2 Thessalonians 2:3, Hebrews 10:38-39, 2 Timothy 4:3-4).

Another way that a saved person can in the end lose his salvation is if he wrongly employs his will to become utterly lazy without repentance (Matthew 25:26,30, John 15:2a, Romans 2:6-8, James 2:24, Philippians 2:12, 2 Corinthians 5:9, Revelation 22:14, Hebrews 5:9, 2 Peter 1:10-11, Hebrews 6:10-12, Philippians 3:11-14).

Another way that a saved person can in the end lose his salvation is if he wrongly employs his will to commit sin without repentance (Hebrews 10:26-29, 1 Corinthians 9:27, Matthew 24:48-51, 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, Galatians 5:19-21, 2 Peter 2:20-22, Romans 8:13, 1 John 5:16, James 5:19-20).

Another way that a saved person can in the end lose his salvation is if he wrongly employs his will to not provide for his own family, without repentance (1 Timothy 5:8).

Another way that a saved person can in the end lose his salvation is if he wrongly employs his will to not help a Christian in need, without repentance (Matthew 25:41-46).

Another way that a saved person can in the end lose his salvation is if he wrongly employs his will to commit the unforgivable sin, which is blaspheming the Holy Spirit (Mark 3:29). An example of blaspheming the Holy Spirit is saying that an act performed by the power of the Holy Spirit is performed by Satan (Mark 3:22-30).

Another way that a saved person can in the end lose his salvation is if he wrongly employs his will to remove words from the text of the book of Revelation, and then publishes the altered text as if it were the original, without repentance (Revelation 22:19).

A saved person can in the end be cut off the same as an unbeliever if he doesn't continue in God's goodness (Romans 11:20-22, Luke 12:45-46). A saved person can in the end have his name blotted out of the book of life if he doesn't overcome unto the end (Revelation 3:5, Revelation 2:26).

FresnoJoe said:

My LORD

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalms 139:23-24

Amen.

Psalms 139:23-24 brings to mind that if saved people commit a sin, even if they are unaware of it, Jesus will send them warning and chastisement to make sure that they know they've sinned and need to repent (Revelation 3:19, Hebrews 12:6-8), and he will give them time to repent (Revelation 2:21). It's only if they wrongly employ their will to waste the time they are given and ignore the warning and chastisement, and refuse to repent (Revelation 2:21) until death (1 John 5:16) or Jesus' return (Matthew 24:48-51), that they will in the end lose their salvation because of unrepentant sin (Hebrews 10:26-29, 1 Corinthians 9:27, Matthew 24:48-51, 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, Galatians 5:19-21, 2 Peter 2:20-22, Romans 8:13, 1 John 5:16, James 5:19-20, Hebrews 5:9).

FresnoJoe said:

And My God

For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. 1 Corinthians 11:31

Amen.

But 1 Corinthians 11:31 is referring only to the present, temporal judgment of chastisement (1 Corinthians 11:32), not to the future, second-coming judgment of everyone in the church at the judgment seat of Christ (2 Corinthians 5:10-11). At that time, some Christians will lose their salvation because of unrepentant sin (Matthew 24:48-51), or because of unrepentant laziness (Matthew 25:26,30), or because of apostasy (Mark 8:35-38). That's why Christians know the "terror" of the future judgment of the church (2 Corinthians 5:10-11), why they must remain in fear of being cut off the same as unbelievers if they don't continue in God's goodness (Romans 11:20-22, Luke 12:45-46), why they must be careful to work out their own ultimate salvation with fear and trembling (Philippians 2:12, 1 Peter 1:17, Romans 2:6-8).

FresnoJoe said:

The

Church

So Faithless

Of sin, because they believe not on me; John 16:9

John 16:9 refers to the sin of the unbelieving world (John 16:8-9).

There is also sin committed by believers, which, if they don't repent from it, will ultimately result in the loss of their salvation (Hebrews 10:26-29, 1 Corinthians 9:27, Matthew 24:48-51, 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, Galatians 5:19-21, 2 Peter 2:20-22, Romans 8:13, 1 John 5:16, James 5:19-20).

FresnoJoe said:

And So Full Of Themselves

Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. Revelation 3:17-19

Revelation 3:19 goes back to what was just said above regarding Psalms 139:23-24.

FresnoJoe said:

That They Just Refuse To Trust In Him

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

And So Some Looking At Their Own Works, Refuse His Peace

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. Matthew 11:28-30

Matthew 11:28-30 gives us the assurance that Jesus won't ever give us more work to do than we can easily bear. But he still gives every one of us some work to do (Mark 13:34, Romans 12:7,8,11). And if we wrongly employ our will to refuse to work, we will in the end lose our salvation (Matthew 25:26,30, John 15:2a, Romans 2:6-8, James 2:24, Philippians 2:12, 2 Corinthians 5:9, Revelation 22:14, Hebrews 5:9, 2 Peter 1:10-11, Hebrews 6:10-12, Philippians 3:11-14).

FresnoJoe said:

And Attempt To Destroy The Faith Of The Little Ones

Who's attempting to destroy the faith of the little ones, and how has it been proving that he's doing that?

FresnoJoe said:

For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.

How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray?

And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray.

Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish. Matthew 18:11-14

Matthew 18:12-14 gives us the assurance that Jesus our good shepherd (John 10:14) will come seek us out if we wander away, such as into false teachings or sins (James 5:19-20). But see what was said above regarding Psalms 139:23-24.

FresnoJoe said:

Not Believing Jesus Alone Saves

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. John 6:47

In the full context of the New Testament, our retaining eternal life (John 6:47) will be ultimately conditional on our continued belief (John 15:6, Colossians 1:23, Hebrews 3:6,14), our continued good works and obedience (John 15:2a, Romans 2:6-8, Hebrews 5:9), and our continued repentance from every sin that we might commit (Matthew 24:48-51, Hebrews 10:26-29, 1 Corinthians 9:27).

FresnoJoe said:

Really

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

I and my Father are one. John 10:27-30

Saves

>>>>>()<<<<<

Amen.

But John 10:27-30 means that no one outside of a saved person can take him out of God's hand. For John 10:27-30 doesn't say that saved people are imprisoned in God's hand, that they can't wrongly employ their will to jump out of God's hand themselves, such as by committing apostasy, to the ultimate loss of their salvation (John 15:6, Hebrews 6:4-8, 2 Timothy 2:12, Mark 8:35-38, Matthew 24:9-13, Colossians 1:23, Hebrews 3:6,14, Matthew 13:21, Luke 8:13, 1 Timothy 4:1, 2 Thessalonians 2:3, Hebrews 10:38-39, 2 Timothy 4:3-4).

Also, John 10:27-30 doesn't say that God himself can't in the end cast saved people out of his hand, that they can't in the end lose their salvation, if they don't continue in God's goodness (Romans 11:20-22), such as by wrongly employing their will to commit sin without repentance (1 Corinthians 9:27, Hebrews 10:26-29, Matthew 24:48-51, 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, Galatians 5:19-21, 2 Peter 2:20-22, Romans 8:13, 1 John 5:16, James 5:19-20, Hebrews 5:9), or by wrongly employing their will to become utterly lazy without repentance (John 15:2a, Matthew 25:26,30, Romans 2:6-8, James 2:24, Philippians 2:12, 2 Corinthians 5:9, 2 Peter 1:10-11, Hebrews 6:10-12, Philippians 3:11-14, Hebrews 5:9, Revelation 22:14).

(Continued)