• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Yeah, says me. So you really believe we can attack Iran without starting a war? Do you know who would actually suffer the consequences? Not the U.S.; most likely it would be Israel. Now tell me how we would man and finance yet another war. Regardless of what you say, neither the manpower nor the money is there, Dave. Unless you're proposing doing it on the same credit card as the other two wars. Fear doesn't enter into it but common sense absolutely should. The only way to to do it, and win it, would be to cause such massive destruction and loss of life that it would scare the living jihad out of muslims for a generation or so.

MG -

I do not understand why the threat of a conventional war now bothers you more than a potential nuclear war later?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Yeah, says me. So you really believe we can attack Iran without starting a war? Do you know who would actually suffer the consequences? Not the U.S.; most likely it would be Israel. Now tell me how we would man and finance yet another war. Regardless of what you say, neither the manpower nor the money is there, Dave. Unless you're proposing doing it on the same credit card as the other two wars. Fear doesn't enter into it but common sense absolutely should. The only way to to do it, and win it, would be to cause such massive destruction and loss of life that it would scare the living jihad out of muslims for a generation or so.

MG -

I do not understand why the threat of a conventional war now bothers you more than a potential nuclear war later?

Absolutely right sis. :thumbsup:

We also forget that War is merely the last effective tool of Foreign Policy. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

I believe that we should stand with God and His people. :thumbsup: If we do our political, financial, and military porblems will be small in comparison to the Blessing that we will receive.

Putting our heads in the sand and complaining about our problems isn't any way to deal with a situation like this.

Well, of course we should stand with Israel. The bottom line is, however, we are NOT in a position to take on another war. Not financially, not militarily and I don't believe the people have the stomach for it anymore either. It's been nine years of war as of next month! How is it putting your head in the sand if you face reality? :noidea:

4 cruise missiles cost about two million dollars, and if fired from the gulf would take less than two minutes to reach it's target.

We can afford that easily.

Four Cruise missiles would take out 30 or so nuke sites? They would destroy a lot of real estate and many lives but do you really think the Moolahs and the Maniac care? This is what they want.

We'ere just talking about taking out one power plant, not 30 other sites. Putting a uranium bomb on the end of a missile would be very very difficult to do becuase of the weight...... it's the plutonium bombs that are small and compact that would be much easier to get to usable sizes.

right now we need to stop the production of plutonium

I understand that. They have 30 different sites, many deep underground. The time to have stopped them militarily, without blowing radioactive fallout all over Israel, Egypt and many other countries, was nine years ago.

MG -

Well, maybe if I post it again, it will register....we do not have the available troops to mount a new war nor do we have the money to fund it. There, that's as clear as I can say it. We cannot mount a conventional war via a third front. It doesn't matter who it bothers, or doesn't bother, it's NOT doable.

MG -

Absolutely right sis. :thumbsup:

We also forget that War is merely the last effective tool of Foreign Policy. :thumbsup:

What? You and Nebula agree?

If you're so anxious to go to war, once again, how do we do it? :noidea:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

MG is correct: We currently do not have the resources to fight nor fund a conventional war against Iran. That said, does anyone find it odd that Obama is so intent on taking our troops our of Iraq? It's not to honor any campaign promise or to declare the mission complete there. It's simply to free up more troops for later use.

Think about it- these troops aren't coming home, putting their feet up and sitting around in circles telling old war stories to pass the time. Many are going straight to Afghanistan and the rest are going home for a bit for a little rest and a train up for the invasion of Iran. The plans have been in place for years, being revised and refined as new "intelligence" comes in.

But don't blame Obama. He's not running this at all. He can't stop this any more effectively than you or I could.

t.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

MG -

Well, maybe if I post it again, it will register....we do not have the available troops to mount a new war nor do we have the money to fund it. There, that's as clear as I can say it. We cannot mount a conventional war via a third front. It doesn't matter who it bothers, or doesn't bother, it's NOT doable.

No one, including me, has advocated a conventional war. We are talking about a Military Strike to eliminate a Nuclear reactor that will set back the Iranians for several years. Regardless, whether we want to admit it or not. War is coming and to continue to deny it is insanity. Especially when we are talking about apocolyptic madmen. :blink:

What? You and Nebula agree?

If you're so anxious to go to war, once again, how do we do it? :noidea:

It's not about being anxious to go to war.

It's about not wanting to deal with the consequences of Iran having the power to build nuclear weapons.

Think about it- these troops aren't coming home, putting their feet up and sitting around in circles telling old war stories to pass the time. Many are going straight to Afghanistan and the rest are going home for a bit for a little rest and a train up for the invasion of Iran. The plans have been in place for years, being revised and refined as new "intelligence" comes in.

OK, I am confused on a couple of points with this thought.

1. Wouldn't it be easier to send them to Iran from Iraq?

2. If we've only got a week, aren't they running a bit late?

No one, including me, has advocated a conventional war. We are talking about a Military Strike to eliminate a Nuclear reactor that will set back the Iranians for several years. Regardless, whether we want to admit it or not. War is coming and to continue to deny it is insanity. Especially when we are talking about apocolyptic madmen. :blink:

Who is denying that a war is coming? It most certainly is. In what form, who knows? But a strategic strike won't do the job now because of the proliferation of sites in the past five years.