• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.95
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

The parents are using the child to advance the gay/lesbian agenda. If the child had been admitted, the "parents" would have insisted that the school change it Biblical teachings against homosexuality. You can bet that there will be a lawsuit coming.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

The parents are using the child to advance the gay/lesbian agenda. If the child had been admitted, the "parents" would have insisted that the school change it Biblical teachings against homosexuality. You can bet that there will be a lawsuit coming.

Probably. It would have no standing however; private schools reserve the right to reject ANYONE, with or without a specific reason.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

She is a child. This is wrong. She did not choose her parents anymore than we did.

Without getting into the same sex marriage thing, the school is wrong.

What is next? Your father is an alcoholic? Your mother is an adulteress? Your parents hate each other and are divorcing?

The school is about as wrong as it can be....

How can the school be wrong? It's a private Catholic school. Shouldn't a private school be permitted to set its own policy with regard to admissions, proper decorum of students (dress, behavior, etc.)? There are plenty of private schools to choose from, I'm sure. So while the child may not have had a choice, her mother(s) certainly do.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

She is a child. This is wrong. She did not choose her parents anymore than we did.

What is next? Your father is an alcoholic? Your mother is an adulteress? Your parents hate each other and are divorcing?

How can the school be wrong? It's a private Catholic school. Shouldn't a private school be permitted to set its own policy with regard to admissions, proper decorum of students (dress, behavior, etc.)? There are plenty of private schools to choose from, I'm sure. So while the child may not have had a choice, her mother(s) certainly do.

They should be able to, but, actually no they can't. That's what discrimanation laws are all about. It's no different than a private cafe not serving blacks. I know people who dislike black folk as much or more than you do gays....

They should be able to, but, actually no they can't. That's what discrimanation laws are all about. It's no different than a private cafe not serving blacks. I know people who dislike black folk as much or more than you do gays....

A private school alone, perhaps, but not a private Catholic school.

***edit*** Actually it's a private Anglican school.

Well, it's my understanding that this is a really good school. I can understand why the women would want their daughter to go to school there....... so i'm really torn between whether they really want the best for their daughter or are just pushing a lifestyle. Since I don't know them, I really do have to wonder about it.

Since we passed laws giving gay people the same status as any other minority, I would think that they shouldn't be dropped just because of thier lifestyle..... I personally don't like it, but most likely they will prevail...... and the child will suffer the most from it.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.95
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

How do you know that Ovedya dislikes gays? Could it be that he dislikes their activity/acts and not the people themselves? You know what they say about assuming.

Well, it's my understanding that this is a really good school. I can understand why the women would want their daughter to go to school there....... so i'm really torn between whether they really want the best for their daughter or are just pushing a lifestyle. Since I don't know them, I really do have to wonder about it.

Since we passed laws giving gay people the same status as any other minority, I would think that they shouldn't be dropped just because of thier lifestyle..... I personally don't like it, but most likely they will prevail...... and the child will suffer the most from it.

It would be a shame for the ladies to make an issue out of it then. I wonder if it was intentional, though. Given that this is a prestigious school that is connected with a national Anglican organization, what are the chances they knew there was going to be a problem? Especially given the fact that the gal crossed out "father" and replaced it with "mother"?

So if the child suffers, wouldn't it be their fault and not the school's?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

I wonder if the all black Howard University would deny the KKK's Grand Dragon if he applied.....

...woud they have the right? :rolleyes:

It would be a shame for the ladies to make an issue out of it then. I wonder if it was intentional, though. Given that this is a prestigious school that is connected with a national Anglican organization, what are the chances they knew there was going to be a problem? Especially given the fact that the gal crossed out "father" and replaced it with "mother"?

So if the child suffers, wouldn't it be their fault and not the school's?

I think it would depend on whether what the school is doing is legal or not. If it's not, then yes it would be the school hurting the kids. They may well feel it's worth sacrificing the children to stand up for thier beiiefs. I think it could also be stated that they are protecting the other children from a life style that they do not approve of. Unfortunately my country has declaired that not legal to do.

So I say that though it draws a very heavy vaccum, it's not legal to refuse them over the parents life style. Just one more symptom of a society/government gone to hell that we live in.