• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/20/1965

William,

I hate to change the subject and I have not read the thread entirely, but what do you think of current events...Israel regathered, Middle East situation, UN, EU, Laodicean church, etc.? And, please, I mean no disrepect, but is your interpretation based solely on a secular work? Would someone be able to understand Jesus' words without a copy of The Works of Josephus?

John

• Group:  Royal Member

That was quite good in a nutshell!

"Israel regathered"

I see this as a fulfilment of Hosea 6:1,2a -- "Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up. After two days will he revive us . . ."

Hmm...that's interesting! Are we waiting for 2070? OK, I have 'discussed' with preterists on several occasions (and found the experience something akin to beating my head against a power pole :butbut: ), and maybe I have developed a bit of prejudice. I am not quite sure where you stand on these things. Apparently you do not believe all prophecy has been fulfilled. Was Revelation fulfilled in the destruction of Jerusalem?

Love in Christ,

John

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Dear Blindseeker,

To me, there is a very specific pattern within the Scriptures, and within this world's history.  It just keeps repeating itself, occuring in different nations or generations, although I wonder (maybe this should go under the Crazy Theories topic) if maybe this is the pattern of cleaning out that is mentioned in Matthew 12:45, Luke 11:26.

Matt 12:43 When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. 44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. 45 Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

2 Peter 3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. 5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: 6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: 7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

come:to leave space (which may be filled or occupied by another),

to make room, give place, yield

to retire

metaph. to betake one's self, turn one's self

to go forward, advance, proceed, succeed

to have space or room for receiving or holding something

Each generation has been cleaned out, only to return to the ways of sin, yet with 7 times more wickedness than the original state of that generation.

This is from a study on the term "last state" used in Scriptures.

Does this make sense?

In His Love,

Suzanne

JohnS,

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Peter did not say a day was the equivalent of a thousand years exactly, rather to liken to the duration. We know this because Israel has been regathered before 2070 which would have be an exact fulfillment.

In regards to whether I believe the destruction of Israel in 70 AD was the fulfillment of Revelations . . . well, I used to believe from Chapter 2-10 death with that. Mainly because of the similarities between history and scriptural prophesy in Deuteronomy 28 compared to Rev 6-10.

However, I was presented I fairly good reason to hold that in suspect. Not that I have discarded it as entirely impossible . . . just placed it in the category of things I will not teach - but will still reason.

However, I do feel Rev 13-19 deals with events in our recent past, present and near future.

Suzanne,

Ecclesiastes 1

9 That which has been is what will be, That which is done is what will be done, And there is nothing new under the sun. 10 Is there anything of which it may be said, "See, this is new"? It has already been in ancient times before us. 11 There is no remembrance of former things, Nor will there be any remembrance of things that are to come By those who will come after.

William,

Looking back at fulfilled prophecy (remember Cyrus?), it wasn't just similarities, it was dead on, no mistaking word from God. You won't have to find something that fits. How would the Lord's name be glorified if someone had to have degrees in history and theology to understand the word from God had come to pass? That's my feeling. With that said, if you keep posting, I'll keep reading!

Love in Christ,

John

William,

I also left home at an early age. I was married at the tender age of 16 and a father soon after. By the way, I talked to my son in Florida recently and I am going to be a grandfather in October, Lord willing, at the ripe old age of 37!

I wasn't necessarily referring to your Matthew 24 study, but to the incredible pains I have seen some people go through to try to make the Great Tribulation in Revelation fit 70 A.D. And all the time saying 'See how easy that is?'.

Adam Clarke's Commentary:

End of the world tou aiwnov; or, of t     the world, viz.     the Jewish economy, which is a frequent accommodated meaning of the word aiwn, the proper meaning of which is, as Aristotle (De Caelo) observes, ETERNAL.  aiwn, quasi aei wn continual being: and no words can more forcibly point out eternity than these.

BlindSeeker:

The sign of the end of the world, refers to the end of this   "age" of the existing governmental rule, the "  end of the world" as world then was. For if Jesus was going to be King, then Herod was going  to have be replaced. But Herod was but one of a lineage of "Herods,"1. King of Judah (Herod the Great)  Mt 2:1-23; 2nd.Tetrarch of Galilee (Herod Antipas)   Lu 3:1; 23:7; 3rd.  Son of Aristobulus (Herod Agrippa I)   Ac 12:1-23; 4. Herod Agrippa major or I, Acts 12.1-25; 23.35; 5. Herod Agrippa minor or II, Ac 25:1-26:32.

Therefore, if Herod was to be replace by Jesus as the new King, then the Government which put Herod into place would have to be overthrown as well, which was the Romans. Herod himself is shown to acknowledge their rule over him in the writings of Josephus.

Governmental rule by man continues, but one day Jesus will rule from His throne in Jerusalem.

Love in Christ,

John