• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

What do you think of this commentary, Dave?

God, the Gospel, and Glenn Beck

(Just picking your brain . . . same as I'm picking their brains.)

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

I talked with another friend today who heard first or second-hand from someone who interacts wit Beck that the Christians he associates with are influencing him, that he's believing more and more Christian theology.

Whatever we think of the current state, it sounds like he's ripe for being doused with prayer and perhaps coming to know the real Jesus.

That I can agree with and do and have been doing. :emot-highfive::wub:

What do you think of this commentary, Dave?

God, the Gospel, and Glenn Beck

(Just picking your brain . . . same as I'm picking their brains.)

I actually like it and it is very close to what I'm saying.

Beck believes that the Constitution and Conservatism will Save us, IMO, but it won't. Only God can save us. :wub:

Peace,

Dave

Let me add something I forgot in my last post. :thumbsup:

Beck did ask that we return to God. I'm just not certaon which God he wants us to return to. :blink:

I believe that our God, the God of Israel, The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, has a very specific set way that we must return to Him and it isn't the ecumenical humanist way. :o

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Sis,

Don't take what either I say or your friends say at face value. I may be wrong. So may they. However, ask God and then wait to see if He will confirm the conclusion you come to in prayer. Seek answers in God's Word.

Jas

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,466
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,800
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  130
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Just so you know, when I wrote the article on the event -- I was reporting as an event being observed by a Christian.

I posted a blog piece about why I wrote the article.

With that being said, I saw an event where people could gather together based on God-fearing principles for a restoration of what they believe America should be and praising those principles which should be honored in society.

Do I wish that someone else would bring the message to America? Absolutely! But I'm not seeing anyone stand up boldly and the reality is the reason why we're in this mess is because nobody stood up and made a stand when it was needed most!

But for what it was -- I saw a gathering of patriotic, God-fearing Americans standing together on Biblical principles. If anything, that part of the event should be praised by Christians.

Your brother in Christ with much agape love,

George

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

http://news.christiansunite.com/Religion_News/religion09628.shtml?from=gadget

Glenn Beck's Mormonism Will Not Lead to Revival

by Staff

August 30, 2010

MEDIA ADVISORY, (christiansunite.com) -- Glenn Beck promotes a false gospel. However, many of his political ideas can help America.

Our country was founded on Judeo-Christian values. Mormonism is not a Christian denomination but a cult of Christianity.

The country needs to get back to the simplicity of the Bible. The reason our country is in bad shape is that ministers for the most part do not share the truth. Many endorse false gospels including Mormonism.

'Political correctness' started with ministers and has spread to everyone in America. Legalism should not be preached, however, the Bible is true on major matters and doctrines, without compromise.

Christians need to preach the truth in Christ's love. Sometimes, the Lord's way is not the most popular way. True Christianity can appear to be intolerant, however, the Bible is always right on major moral issues.

In the United States, we need a spiritual revival based on the truth of the Bible. Our country is in a balance. Without a true revival, we are doomed.

It is good for people to get together to stand up for our country. However, if we are to have true revival, we need to preach the true gospel, rain or shine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Something the writer touched on here - which is what I saw in what George wrote -

No one else is rallying the troops.

I am concerned at the direction this will go. When the US began, it was created on Christian values, but now Glen brings in what he labels as a "new Black Robe Regiment", people from all faiths. This is not what the forefathers meant when they created this country. Which God are they praying to? This is nothing more then a seal to the Emergent Church/One World Religion that we are told to be on the watch for, which is not of God.

If someone only gets loving your neighbor as yourself out of this, then fine, but there is something a lot deeper in what Glen is doing, so please do your research and keep an eye on the direction this goes.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

I am concerned at the direction this will go. When the US began, it was created on Christian values, but now Glen brings in what he labels as a "new Black Robe Regiment", people from all faiths. This is not what the forefathers meant when they created this country. Which God are they praying to? This is nothing more then a seal to the Emergent Church/One World Religion that we are told to be on the watch for, which is not of God.

If someone only gets loving your neighbor as yourself out of this, then fine, but there is something a lot deeper in what Glen is doing, so please do your research and keep an eye on the direction this goes.

In some ways this Beck thing reminds me of the debate in Acts 5, and as Gamaliel said 'for if this plan or this work is of men, it will come to nothing; but if it is of God, you cannot overthrow it..' No I am not comparing Beck to the apostles far from it yet I know for a fact that Beck reaches people with his words, a dear friends husband finally came to understand that he doesn't have to keep being angry at God and we can see his heart melting each and everyday and after watching the rally with all the vets there this man sees God is more than likely the answer, still not yet ready to proclaim Yeshua as his savior but if it wasn't for Beck and the direction he took with his shows this man may never have opened his heart at all. God does and will contiue to use people for His own purpose even a mormon like Beck. And another thing if someone is truly a believer in God, grounded in their faith then run to the Mormon church because of Beck I would think their faith or their understandings of scripture is a strong as they thought.

I wonder how well the first black robe regiment was met by the peoples who distrusted others of different religions as I understand that some felt that other religions from their own were not the 'correct' religion either although I have not searched out that little bit of info someone gave me this weekend.

In some ways this Beck thing reminds me of the debate in Acts 5, and as Gamaliel said 'for if this plan or this work is of men, it will come to nothing; but if it is of God, you cannot overthrow it..' No I am not comparing Beck to the apostles far from it yet I know for a fact that Beck reaches people with his words, a dear friends husband finally came to understand that he doesn't have to keep being angry at God and we can see his heart melting each and everyday and after watching the rally with all the vets there this man sees God is more than likely the answer, still not yet ready to proclaim Yeshua as his savior but if it wasn't for Beck and the direction he took with his shows this man may never have opened his heart at all. God does and will contiue to use people for His own purpose even a mormon like Beck. And another thing if someone is truly a believer in God, grounded in their faith then run to the Mormon church because of Beck I would think their faith or their understandings of scripture is a strong as they thought.

I wonder how well the first black robe regiment was met by the peoples who distrusted others of different religions as I understand that some felt that other religions from their own were not the 'correct' religion either although I have not searched out that little bit of info someone gave me this weekend.

God moves as He wills! Amen!

If you do research what the black robe regiment was about, I believe you will find it was about different denominations with in the Christian church, not about all the faiths of the world uniting.