• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/13/1967

Then again, the article hit the nail on the head, i.e. where there's void, something else will fill it in.

I know that Glenn Beck is Mormon, and I do not agree fully with the Mormon doctrine. But if any conservative Christian ministry or person anywhere complains, I have to respectfully ask where they have been all these years? :noidea: I remember one of them running for president and those morning shows where they may talk a little about politics (specifically moral issues rather than economic or political policy), and that's about it. And many of them fell from grace anyway with the scandals. Christianity has become a laughingstock because of that, and I don't think that any fingers should be pointing at Glenn Beck now that the ball has been dropped and he picked it up and ran with it. BTW, Fox also has gov. Huckabee's show on and he's Baptist, so some of mainline Christianity is getting on the news as well.

:thumbsup: he is trying to bring God back out of the shadows, for too long christians have set back and let God be taken out of EVERYTHING...Glenn Beck is a CHRISTIAN that goes to a mormon church, just as i am a christian that goes to a baptist church....that doesnt make me a baptist by any means.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Then again, the article hit the nail on the head, i.e. where there's void, something else will fill it in.

I know that Glenn Beck is Mormon, and I do not agree fully with the Mormon doctrine. But if any conservative Christian ministry or person anywhere complains, I have to respectfully ask where they have been all these years? :noidea: I remember one of them running for president and those morning shows where they may talk a little about politics (specifically moral issues rather than economic or political policy), and that's about it. And many of them fell from grace anyway with the scandals. Christianity has become a laughingstock because of that, and I don't think that any fingers should be pointing at Glenn Beck now that the ball has been dropped and he picked it up and ran with it. BTW, Fox also has gov. Huckabee's show on and he's Baptist, so some of mainline Christianity is getting on the news as well.

:thumbsup: he is trying to bring God back out of the shadows, for too long christians have set back and let God be taken out of EVERYTHING...Glenn Beck is a CHRISTIAN that goes to a mormon church, just as i am a christian that goes to a baptist church....that doesnt make me a baptist by any means.

Which god is he trying to bring back though?:noidea: Does God need Glenn Beck to bring Him back to the forefront?

Is it the little god that is each one of us? Because that's what he's peddling. :thumbsup: Or is it the god that set up our Constitution as the New Jerusalem and will preserve it no matter what? Because that is what he is preaching.:thumbsup:

Perhaps it's the god that's okay with all paths lead to heaven?:blink: Or the one that's simply okay with homosexuality?:noidea: Because that is what he is preaching as well.

Which god is he trying to bring back though?:noidea: Does God need Glenn Beck to bring Him back to the forefront?

Is it the little god that is each one of us? Because that's what he's peddling. :thumbsup: Or is it the god that set up our Constitution as the New Jerusalem and will preserve it no matter what? Because that is what he is preaching.:thumbsup:

Perhaps it's the god that's okay with all paths lead to heaven?:blink: Or the one that's simply okay with homosexuality?:noidea: Because that is what he is preaching as well.

You really are one mixed up individual!

In what sense?

Have I confused your reality and made it hard for you to grasp your worldview or something?:noidea::rolleyes:

You really are one mixed up individual!

In what sense?

Have I confused your reality and made it hard for you to grasp your worldview or something?

Your comments don't make sense. I suppose you just made one mixed up senseless, uninformed comment!

I don't think you know enough about Beck to have an accurate and sensible opinion of him.

Actually, I've read several of his books and have listened to him for several years prior to coming to my conclusions.

Please make an effort to respond to the questions with clear and concise answers verifying where am I wrong about where Glenn Beck stands with his Mormonism because I have actually heard and read him make these statements.

In fact on one of the promo's that played before his radio show, for many years, it was stated, (paraphrasing) "this nation will fall but this Constitution will not, it will continue despite what happens to this Nation." (Or something akin to that). Regardless, he see's the Constitution as the salvation of the Nation and not God Himself. He isn't seeking to see anyone return to Yaweh in repentance, but rather to the Constitution. The Constitution is merely a worthless scrap of paper without the God of the Bibles blessing behind it. The God of the Bible is n0ot the God of Mormonism. he often urges people to get the junk out of their lives (ie; sin), but leaves his hearers with the action of doing it themselves.:huh: We don't have the power.

He also never, ever, mentions issues like Homosexuality. In fact I have heard him mention that it is a personal decision.

You should also look into his Black Robes of Justice initiative which sought to see all religions lifted up as equal. This had nothing to do with the Black Robes of Justice that were critical in this Nations founding and last reformation and return to the Lord :thumbsup:

I heard Glenn state today that the Catholic Church should lock arms with the Mormons and any other Christian Church as well as the Jews to pray to God. This is ecumenicalism of the worst kind. It is also preaching another Gospel, because the God of the Bible is not the god of Mormonism. Mormonism is a cult.

Meanwhile, you can look into his book, "The Christmas Sweater," in which he encounters a Jesus like charecter, (who is an unshaven bum and recluse)who helps him overcome hell by telling him that the overcoming power that he needed was always within him. This is Gnosticism of the worst kind. It is an allegorical way of explaining his overcoming of the death of his mother and the alcohol and drug abuse that he maintains he overcame through the example of Christ. Not by or through the Power of Christ.:blink:

This is anethema to the Gospel presented in the Bible. It is in direct opposition of the Gospels message and is Mormonism as well as Gnosticism. :thumbsup:

Glenn Beck has also stated quite clearly for years that the Constitution would be in danger of being shredded and that somehow it would be saved and that the Nation would be restored in a time of great trouble. This is a Mormon Doctrine, practiced only by those with deep Mormon affinity and devotion, called, 'The White Horse Prophecy." I maintain that this is the driving force behind his sometime manic affection for all things conspiratorial. I believe that he believes that he is the elder who will save the Nation that is included in the White Horse Prophecy.:thumbsup:

Of course, you don't have to take my word for it. Look into it. It's all readily available.:thumbsup: My concern is that many Evangelicals look to Beck as some kind of Christian leader when in fact he isn't Christian in any sense. He is a Mormon and they are a cult of Christianity.

Care to respond?:noidea:

My posting was meant to provoke thought about why a Christian would support a man who is so obviously confused about our Faith.:thumbsup:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,268
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Has God ever used ungodly people to accopmlish things in the past.

How many people have been praying for this country.

What Glenn is doing on his show is trying to report the truth of what is going on in the world..... and he tells you up front to check anything and everything he is saying on his programs... he thinks there is a way to defeat the progressives who are working in step with comunists and Islam to destroy the country

I have no doubt that he is trying to fulfill the white horse prophecy....... but I'm not so sure that it's a bad thing for the country..... the church surely is failing to do so. Everyone is setting around on their knees and waiting for God to take care of everything and practically refuse to do anything themselves....... just setting around waiting for God to sweep down and fix all our problems.

Glenn has invested his entire fortune in hopes of being able to save the constitution......

I for one am glad he's at least trying and the least I can do is offer to help...... for I don't see a whole lot "Christians" doing anything at all with the excception of John Hagee... who doesn't seem to be that bothered by working with him...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

Has God ever used ungodly people to accopmlish things in the past.

How many people have been praying for this country.

What Glenn is doing on his show is trying to report the truth of what is going on in the world..... and he tells you up front to check anything and everything he is saying on his programs... he thinks there is a way to defeat the progressives who are working in step with comunists and Islam to destroy the country

I have no doubt that he is trying to fulfill the white horse prophecy....... but I'm not so sure that it's a bad thing for the country..... the church surely is failing to do so. Everyone is setting around on their knees and waiting for God to take care of everything and practically refuse to do anything themselves....... just setting around waiting for God to sweep down and fix all our problems.

Glenn has invested his entire fortune in hopes of being able to save the constitution......

I for one am glad he's at least trying and the least I can do is offer to help...... for I don't see a whole lot "Christians" doing anything at all with the excception of John Hagee... who doesn't seem to be that bothered by working with him...

You and I usually see things alike in many areas but I must disagree with ya here. Theres not a thing wrong with being proactive in trying to right the wrongs of decades of apathy and continued commitment to the bringing about of the global dominance. We do and must remember it is Gods plan not ours. Now what if by pushing the idea that we must restore the constitution we are really deny Gods plan and fighting against it? Not saying that you are doing that or anyone else is just putting out the scenario. Mixing politics and religion is never a good thing, the hearts and minds of those we elect should be true and upright, putting forth the morals of God, if we had that this nation would never fail. Heres another scenario for you, what if it is the mormon church that is behind Beck and what if that same groups of peoples want to be able to rule over this country as the rightful dictators and religion when the 'one world order' gets here? I mean most proclaim that the rcc is the whore of babylon yet the mormon church with all its idolatry makeup is simply a cult? I fully admire what Beck claims he is doing and has fully done, wake a nation up and in some cases planted seeds that allowed Gods voice to be heard within some, that is always praise worthy. Lets not look to Beck to right all the wrongs of the nation that would definately be erecting an idol suggesting God is not doing enough to help us out.

shalom,

Mizz