Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

A fascinating read - an new way to interpret something that we thought was old yet not old at all just correct.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

This is how I see it, in a nutshell, as posted in your other thread.

Let look not only at 2 Thessalonians, but other scripture as well.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18

The Comfort of Christ

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  110
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/29/1961

Well done, One Light.

We are indeed gathered to the Lord at the last trumpet blast.

After the son of perdition sets himself up as God.

As far as being kept from the tribulation goes this is easy to figure out.

For those who have came to the truth, God will not send strong dillusion.

In battle, with hail stones, did God not kill more of the enemy than the Israelite army?

I reckon when He aims at somthin' He don't miss.

Was not Israel in Egypt, and none of the plagues fell on them? :18:

And as far as Israel and Gentiles go, it is the children of the promise that count for the seed.

The promise is Christ, and all those who believe in Him, Israelite and Gentile alike, are now counted for the seed.

As long as they believe that God sent Jesus, that He was crucified and that after three days God raised Him from the dead.

All of these are God's Israel, Christ's body, or church if you will. :decision:

Let no man deceive you, we will be gathered to Christ one time at the last trump. :shofar:

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.89
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

This is it in a nutshell. There are more scriptures that we can look at and discuss, but this is a rough outline of the timing. What do you see?

I see that you are going to believe whatever you, along with others, believe that the Scriptures leads you. I happen to disagree with your beliefs, as do others, and I stand firm upon the Scriptures which lead me to my beliefs. I'm not here to argue with you, and discussion with you is a waste of my time because no matter what Scriptures I post in support, you post Scripture that you believe support your belief. You even post the same Scripture as I do and claim it to mean something completely different than what I (or the author in these last 2 cases) understand them to mean. Neither of us is going to change. We will just have to agree to disagree.

However, you should note that I will not stop posting what I feel is important to our community just because you disagree. You and others can claim and insinuate that I am unwilling or unable to defend my positions if you like. I disagree and have defended Scripture repeatedly. If you won't accept this defense, so be it. Still, I look forward to participate with you in others areas of the forum. Be blessed.

Rick

This is it in a nutshell. There are more scriptures that we can look at and discuss, but this is a rough outline of the timing. What do you see?

I see that you are going to believe whatever you, along with others, believe that the Scriptures leads you. I happen to disagree with your beliefs, as do others, and I stand firm upon the Scriptures which lead me to my beliefs. I'm not here to argue with you, and discussion with you is a waste of my time because no matter what Scriptures I post in support, you post Scripture that you believe support your belief. You even post the same Scripture as I do and claim it to mean something completely different than what I (or the author in these last 2 cases) understand them to mean. Neither of us is going to change. We will just have to agree to disagree.

However, you should note that I will not stop posting what I feel is important to our community just because you disagree. You and others can claim and insinuate that I am unwilling or unable to defend my positions if you like. I disagree and have defended Scripture repeatedly. If you won't accept this defense, so be it. Still, I look forward to participate with you in others areas of the forum. Be blessed.

Rick

Blessings Rick!

Do you believe there is only one truth?

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.89
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Blessings Rick!

Yep. But there might be more than one understanding of that truth. With issues like this, both can't be right; yet each believe that what they believe is the correct interpretation and firmly grounded in Scripture. Neither group will be moved from their position until the time has come and the Lord explains it to us.

• 2 months later...

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,986
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

Hi everyone,

Glad to see you all have agreed to disagree without ruffling too many feathers.

I haven't posted in ages it seems, but it's time to ease back into the water.

I believe the OP is correct that there is no seven year tribulation. However, most of the ones that see this seem to believe that the tribulation is 3 1/2 years in duration instead. We don't know that to be true either. The tribulation of those days is an undetermined amount of time, that Jesus will cut short, or at least interrupt. No one knows the day or hour.

There, I have now gotten my feet wet, and I must say: it feels pretty good.

Okay, everybody can jump back in now. The water is fine.

Blessings Rick!

Yep. But there might be more than one understanding of that truth. With issues like this, both can't be right; yet each believe that what they believe is the correct interpretation and firmly grounded in Scripture. Neither group will be moved from their position until the time has come and the Lord explains it to us.

Do you believe that God will actually do what we read in Revelation, the seven seals, seven trumpets and seven bowls? If so, when do you believe they will come about?