Believer112

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Nobody who calls themselves a true believer will ever speak against scripture. It is how some apply scripture to make what is not of God seem to be of God that people take a stand against. Let me explain.

Joni Eareckson Tada is a lovely woman of God, preaching the love of God to people everywhere. Many have come to Christ because of this woman's teaching, teaching she would of never learned if she did not dive into that shallow water and break her neck, causing her to become paralyzed from the neck down. According to some, she is not healed because she lacks faith, but ask her in an email or on her site and pay attention to her reply. Read her words and tell me if she lacks faith ... Joni Eareckson Tada Story. She tells that God said that all things work together for the good for those who love Christ. Is this true? She has also said to be content in all things. Is this also true? She believes that things happen to people for a reason, a reason that we may not fully understand. Yes, it takes faith to believe God still heals, but the lack of healing does not mean the lack of faith. By claiming that every sickness, like cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophy, multiple sclerosis, cystic fibrosis, brain injury, stroke, heart disease, manic depression and the like, is due to lack of faith is like saying people can understand an infinite God completely, His ways and plans, with a finite mind. This is not true. God allows things to happen for His purpose and when a person follows God to the fullest, having faith in Him the best they can, finds himself downtrodden with a disease or ailment, it is not because he lacks faith, but because there is a reason why this happened and they are to seek to understand. God may very well heal them when it is all said and done, but there are reasons why He may no and we may never fully understand them. Those who are Word of Faith preachers would place unwarranted guilt on a person for being in such a situation, not having enough faith in God to be healed as if it is their choice and not Gods. God may of allowed them to be this way to further His purpose. We are not God and can not judge a person in such a manner.

When a person steps back from mans teachings and see how God moves in those who are not perfect, then understanding will begin. According to the Word of Faith teachings, we should be in perfect mental, physical and spiritual health, or we do not have enough faith. Truth is, nobody but Christ is perfect in any way. This alone proves that the teachings of Word of Faith is not of God. Having faith that God knows what is best in every situation is true faith. Following Him in every situation is what He wants, no matter where you are.

I agree Onelight ...

For over 16 months, my family and I have experienced a horrible and devastating neuromuscular disease that took my brother's life last week. I prayed each day - several times a day for his healing. There were prayer groups, healing services, prayer chains and literally thousands of friends and acquaintances who prayed faithfully for him. As the months passed - we saw the progression of this disease and prayed for his freedom from pain and for his peace. He was an amazing Christian and knew that God would take care of him. As he lay dying, one of my children visited him. This adult child is a brilliant individual who does not have a close relationship with God. As he watched my brother's once vital body lay wasted and frail by this disease, he wept. Later that night as we sat together and talked, he sobbed and I prayed for my brother and for this child of mine. I have new faith that he will give his life to Christ - soon. God did not fail my brother - He brought him and his family closer to God and each other. My brother did not die because his faith was weak ... he was able to face his death because his faith was strong. There were so many miracles surrounding this illness - we learned that God does bring peace and mercy. We found comfort in 'everyday' miracles - a smile, an "I love you", a day that could be described as 'good'. God was there every step of the process - I pray each day that He will now heal the grief of loss. I know that He has healed our loved one and that he is with God now. So, Onelight - I agree with you completely. Blessings

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

Nobody who calls themselves a true believer will ever speak against scripture. It is how some apply scripture to make what is not of God seem to be of God that people take a stand against. Let me explain.

Joni Eareckson Tada is a lovely woman of God, preaching the love of God to people everywhere. Many have come to Christ because of this woman's teaching, teaching she would of never learned if she did not dive into that shallow water and break her neck, causing her to become paralyzed from the neck down. According to some, she is not healed because she lacks faith, but ask her in an email or on her site and pay attention to her reply. Read her words and tell me if she lacks faith ... Joni Eareckson Tada Story. She tells that God said that all things work together for the good for those who love Christ. Is this true? She has also said to be content in all things. Is this also true? She believes that things happen to people for a reason, a reason that we may not fully understand. Yes, it takes faith to believe God still heals, but the lack of healing does not mean the lack of faith. By claiming that every sickness, like cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophy, multiple sclerosis, cystic fibrosis, brain injury, stroke, heart disease, manic depression and the like, is due to lack of faith is like saying people can understand an infinite God completely, His ways and plans, with a finite mind. This is not true. God allows things to happen for His purpose and when a person follows God to the fullest, having faith in Him the best they can, finds himself downtrodden with a disease or ailment, it is not because he lacks faith, but because there is a reason why this happened and they are to seek to understand. God may very well heal them when it is all said and done, but there are reasons why He may no and we may never fully understand them. Those who are Word of Faith preachers would place unwarranted guilt on a person for being in such a situation, not having enough faith in God to be healed as if it is their choice and not Gods. God may of allowed them to be this way to further His purpose. We are not God and can not judge a person in such a manner.

When a person steps back from mans teachings and see how God moves in those who are not perfect, then understanding will begin. According to the Word of Faith teachings, we should be in perfect mental, physical and spiritual health, or we do not have enough faith. Truth is, nobody but Christ is perfect in any way. This alone proves that the teachings of Word of Faith is not of God. Having faith that God knows what is best in every situation is true faith. Following Him in every situation is what He wants, no matter where you are.

Onelight,

NEVER!! Have I been given clear understanding about the Word of Faith Ministry ....until today. Thank you and God bless.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  05/29/1960

Believer112

How can they be healed in the spiritual realm if they are physical and not be healed in the physical realm? What do you mean by 'she is spiritual'?

Is she a Christian ? If I were a non Christian would not the saving of my soul be of greater importance than my physical healing? and would I even believe in physical healing? I would rather that someone introduce me to the Saviour so that I would not be hell bound because I would not believe in physical healing unless I met the Healer personally first.

You have left me confused.

God is spirit and he provided everything for us at the cross 2000 years ago. We receive from God in the physical. Oh yes, there salvation is more important than their physical healing . Most the people have heard of God and either accepted or rejected HIM. If a Christian gets healed word will spread like wildfire, if a non believer is heal he will be more receptive to accept Jesus.

Peace

Joni is a remarkable woman. I don't know what the WOF teaches, that's why I wrote this. Because you mentioned it on the other topic. Andrew and another guy i listen to(I dare not mention his name) are grace teachers.The bible says lack of faith, doubt and unbelief. Also, there is a spiritual realm where satan still plays a role. Only God knows why. I know one thing God is a good God and doesn't want us sick. 1 Peter 2:24

who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness

Andrew and another guy i listen to(I dare not mention his name) are grace teachers.

Could this be a symptom of misunderstanding?

2 Timothy 4

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers;

The bible says lack of faith, doubt and unbelief.

It does.

It also says this.

2 Peter 3

16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.

Something to think about.

I know one thing God is a good God and doesn't want us sick. 1 Peter 2:24

who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness

Andrew and another guy i listen to(I dare not mention his name) are grace teachers.

Could this be a symptom of misunderstanding?

2 Timothy 4

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers;

The bible says lack of faith, doubt and unbelief.

It does.

It also says this.

2 Peter 3

16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.

Something to think about.

I know one thing God is a good God and doesn't want us sick. 1 Peter 2:24

who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed.

Now this is just my own opinion.

"By whose stripes you were healed" has to do with spiritual healing. We are healed from the sickness of sin.

While Christ performed many miracles of physical healing, that wasn't why He was sent here. By the way, I do listen to people and learn. Yes, you must go back to scripture to verify the truth.

ps Could you get your friend off my back ...

I've always found that if you just ignore them, after awhile they'll just give up and go away.

Thank you teacher you just taught me something about that verse.

Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary

wounded-a bodily wound; not mere mental sorrow; literally, "pierced"; minutely appropriate to Messiah, whose hands, feet, and side were pierced (Ps 22:16). The Margin, wrongly, from a Hebrew root, translates, "tormented."for . for-(Ro 4:25; 2Co 5:21; Heb 9:28; 1Pe 2:24; 3:18)-the cause for which He suffered not His own, but our sins.

bruised-crushing inward and outward suffering (see on [853]Isa 53:10).

chastisement-literally, the correction inflicted by a parent on children for their good (Heb 12:5-8, 10, 11). Not punishment strictly; for this can have place only where there is guilt, which He had not; but He took on Himself the chastisement whereby the peace (reconciliation with our Father; Ro 5:1; Eph 2:14, 15, 17) of the children of God was to be effected (Heb 2:14).

upon him-as a burden; parallel to "hath borne" and "carried."

stripes-minutely prophetical of His being scourged (Mt 27:26; 1Pe 2:24).

healed-spiritually (Ps 41:4; Jer 8:22).

Yes of course he was sent to save us. Praise God! Maybe these verses would be apporoprate. Psa 103:2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:

Psa 103:3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;

Psa 103:4 Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;

That shows me Jesus Loved us dearly. Thank you again

Edited by Believer112

I agree Onelight ...

For over 16 months, my family and I have experienced a horrible and devastating neuromuscular disease that took my brother's life last week. I prayed each day - several times a day for his healing. There were prayer groups, healing services, prayer chains and literally thousands of friends and acquaintances who prayed faithfully for him. As the months passed - we saw the progression of this disease and prayed for his freedom from pain and for his peace. He was an amazing Christian and knew that God would take care of him. As he lay dying, one of my children visited him. This adult child is a brilliant individual who does not have a close relationship with God. As he watched my brother's once vital body lay wasted and frail by this disease, he wept. Later that night as we sat together and talked, he sobbed and I prayed for my brother and for this child of mine. I have new faith that he will give his life to Christ - soon. God did not fail my brother - He brought him and his family closer to God and each other. My brother did not die because his faith was weak ... he was able to face his death because his faith was strong. There were so many miracles surrounding this illness - we learned that God does bring peace and mercy. We found comfort in 'everyday' miracles - a smile, an "I love you", a day that could be described as 'good'. God was there every step of the process - I pray each day that He will now heal the grief of loss. I know that He has healed our loved one and that he is with God now. So, Onelight - I agree with you completely. Blessings

I truly am sorry for your lose. We can't understand the ways of the Lord. One thing I do know, your brother is in a better place. Peace be with you.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

The problem with word of faith is what you are believing God for? Christianity and our relationship with God is not simple about getting more money and possessions. In fact the book of Luke states that riches are a curse not a blessing. James warns us not to ask because of our selfish desires.

Also what about passages that teach we are to suffer like Jesus suffered (I Peter 2:18ff). The early church was a suffering church. A despised church. A poor people, but God was pleased with them. The promises of God are that He will be there in the storm, not that He will remove all storms.

www.studyyourbibleonline.com

Edited by PreacherWesley

• Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

I once heard the wife of WOF preacher Kenneth Copeland say Ken can control the weather by using WOF.

So, I guess Katrina and all the other hurricanes, tornados and floods, etc., can be laid at the feet of Kenneth Copeland! :laugh:

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I'm not a teacher. According to Isaiah 53 prophesies Jesus on the cross. Jesus bore our curses, transgression, sickness 2000 years ago, thats why Peter says "were"healed. Post resurrection appearances of Jesus, the disciples didn't recognize HIM according to Mark HE was in a different form. Spiritual Form. God says what you pray for he will give you. I believe God answers our prayers and HE says "yes". The only way HE can say yes to all is in GOD's realm. Copied from a teaching " There is a physical world, and there is a spiritual world. The spiritual world created this physical world. There is a spiritual reality for everything physical. In 2 Kings 6, you can read the story of Elisha. When the Syrian army had surrounded Elisha and his army, a servant asked Elisha, "What shall we do?" Elisha answered, "Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them." Verse 17 tells us, "And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha." There weren't more physically but more spiritually. The angels of God surrounded them. Elisha spoke the truth."

Isaiah 53:5-6 says the following:

But He was wounded for our transgressions,

He was bruised for our iniquities;

The chastisement for our peace was upon Him,

And by His stripes we are healed.

All we like sheep have gone astray;

We have turned, every one, to his own way;

And the LORD has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.

I don't see curses or sickness mentioned, but I do see transgressions. Though God does physically heal today, this is not what this passage is about, as man pointed to. It is a message of salvation. We are healed of our transgressions and iniquities, which is sin, not physical sickness. We are healed from the results of our sins.

I have contemplated why those close to Him did not recognize Him at first. To me, it was because they did not expect Him to be there. Before Christ, when you died, you died, never to come back to life. This was all so new to them. Was He in spirit form? Scripture tells us that he walked through walls or just appeared, but they were able to touch Him and was was able to eat, being physical. I believe this is what the resurrected body is like, a body we will also have.

Have you ever prayed and received a different answer then "Yes"? I know I have, as with millions of others as we read their testimonies. I have been told "No" and also "Wait". God does not have to give us everything we ask for. It all depends if we are asking according to His will or ours. We can be glad He doesn't always say "Yes"! I know that some things I thought were from God and prayed for, but were really from my flesh, received an answer of "No" and after a time I was so glad of His answer. To God be the Glory!

Yes, there is a real spiritual realm surrounding us that very few see, but more believe. That is where our battles are!

Ephesians 6:12 "
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
"

We are given Gods Armor to do this battle with!

Ephesians 6:13-18
"Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints"

Yet, though the battle is spiritual, it is exposed in the physical as well. Through all the anti-christs there have been, are now, and will be, this battle is fought because these spirits bring in false teachings, along with very obvious lies. It is easy to see the anti-christ when an atheist tells you there is no God, but it is not so easy when it is hidden in the words of truth. That is why it is all so important to listen very closely to the Holy Spirit as the Spirit discerns the spirit behind the words being taught. Without His discernment, it would be all too easy to follow what sound right, but is not. We are told in scripture that in the last days this will be all too common, to follow what one believes instead of what the real truth is.

2 Timothy 3-4:1-5
"But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away! For of this sort are those who creep into households and make captives of gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts, always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. Now as Jannes and Jambres resisted Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, disapproved concerning the faith; but they will progress no further, for their folly will be manifest to all, as theirs also was. But you have carefully followed my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, love, perseverance, persecutions, afflictions, which happened to me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra—what persecutions I endured. And out of them all the Lord delivered me. Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution. But evil men and impostors will grow worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived. But you must continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them, and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work."

"I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom: Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables. But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry."

In both scriptures we are warned to be aware of people who look like Christians, but are not. This is because they twist scripture to make it what it is not, add to scripture their own understanding, or put in a lie that make scripture not what it is. This scripture also speaks of the obvious, which is not hard to recognize, but our battles are with those who pretend. Salvation is for all, but not all are seeking the truth. They are looking for another way in, which there are none, but Christ Jesus.