• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  05/29/1960

Everyone is missing the point. Yes God works everywhere if we allow him to work thru us. We can also turn God off in our lives. I heard a teacher say once, that we are too smart to believe for healing. We all have had are hearts hardened because of the TV and internet. Our way of life with abundance of medicines and hospitals. Those people over there have nothing. Their minds are not as carnal as ours. They are more spiritual because they grew up in a culture of voodoo and witch doctors. So when they do hear the truth and come to Jesus. They are more open to receive God's promises. Amazing stuff is happening in China also. God Bless You

The book of Job disagrees with your view.

God does not need our permission to operate.

Please explain?

Why are there so few miracles in the Western world? I believe it is because of our reason, rationality, etc.

I believe this is what Believer112 is trying to get across......one of his points anyway.

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I see it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,361
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Neb said that Jesus could not work in certain cities and I made the comment that God works through people not places.

Often times people are named by the place they live. Case in point, can you separate a Texan from Texas?

Yes, it is the people that define the city.

When Jesus was not able to perform any or many miracles in a city, it was indeed because of the people there.

Why are there so few miracles in the Western world? I believe it is because of our reason, rationality, etc. It's harder for a left-brained person to connect to the spiritual realm than a right-brained person. This is why the left-brained people in rebellion against God tend to become Atheists and Agnostics while right-brained people in rebellion against God tend to become spiritualists of some form (Buddhism, New Age, Neo-pagan, etc.).

oh Neb! MG might get you messing with Texas...:blink:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

We are what we feed ourselves. If we eat spiritual junk, our spirit reflects. If we eat His word, our spirit reflects.

The spiritual leaders of Jesus' day ate the Scriptures. So what happened?

Did they have the Holy Spirit in them to guide them? OR Were they operating in the flesh and their own understanding?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Did they have the Holy Spirit in them to guide them? OR Were they operating in the flesh and their own understanding?

That wasn't in your original parameters, you know.

But anyway, before Pentecost, the Holy Spirit was only in/upon a select few that we know of.

Not all who "did not have the Holy Spirit" until then were as far off as these men were.

And if all it takes is The Word and the Holy Spirit - why do two Christian bang heads over Calvinism vs. Armeniansm - often using the exact same Scriptures? :blink:

No I think Peter had examples all along of Christ's abilities and was told straight out that Jesus would be crucified!

Please forgive my ignorance, but could you point me to where this is stated in the Word? Other than before His arrest.

Thanks.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

No I think Peter had examples all along of Christ's abilities and was told straight out that Jesus would be crucified!

Please forgive my ignorance, but could you point me to where this is stated in the Word? Other than before His arrest.

Thanks.

Jesus told the disciples time and again "that the Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again." (Luke 24:7)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Why are there so few miracles in the Western world? I believe it is because of our reason, rationality, etc. It's harder for a left-brained person to connect to the spiritual realm than a right-brained person. This is why the left-brained people in rebellion against God tend to become Atheists and Agnostics while right-brained people in rebellion against God tend to become spiritualists of some form (Buddhism, New Age, Neo-pagan, etc.).

No one is saying miracles never happen. No one is doubting Gods work. Folks are questioning the claim that miracles MUST happen when someone demands it of God. Folks are questioning the gold dust and gems that appear.

Neb, I have to ask. Please do not take this as an attack because I do not mean it to be. I am truly interested in your explanation for this. There are plenty of Christians who believe in miracles in the Western world who have asked God for healing and do not have it. You are one of them. Why? What explanation do you have for the lack of healing?

We are what we feed ourselves. If we eat spiritual junk, our spirit reflects. If we eat His word, our spirit reflects.

So do you believe that when someone opens the bible and begins reading, the Holy Spirit is automatically there to guide them?

Thanks.

Jesus told the disciples time and again "that the Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again." (Luke 24:7)

Thank you. :emot-handshake: